Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

On 7/5/2018 at 2:06 PM, markhollin said:

Louisiana-based Sazerac Co. paid $2.27 million for a 55-acre property in Murfreesboro at 5295 Asbury Rd. to build an $86 million distillery.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/07/05/booze-giant-buys-middle-tennesseeland-for-86m.html

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 2.00.00 PM.png

Hopefully it's better built than the one they own that just collapsed. This is pretty close to my office. The residents are not happy about this. I'm wondering if it'll cover everything in the area in a black film like Lynchburg. I mean, it's a good get for Murfreesboro, I just question its location. 

23 hours ago, tragenvol said:

As a native of the UC, I recognize that..I've heard members of my mother's family say it.  Well, I swanny as well.

Auntie Linda from Chattanooga would say this all the time.  It means "I swear" or "Lord ha-Mercy"  as I recall.  Most old Southern Christians would say this instead of cursing...  Lol

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, opendrawerwhore said:

Auntie Linda from Chattanooga would say this all the time.  It means "I swear" or "Lord ha-Mercy"  as I recall.  Most old Southern Christians would say this instead of cursing...  Lol

More Southern Appalachian than Southern or the Upland South as the new kids frame it.

Apologies in advance for continuing to stay off topic, but I have to ask given the previous responses.  Anyone ever head this variant exclamation for carrion?  Shoo keeYARN!!!!!

Edited by tragenvol

Sorry but even if they sprayed they are never going to get rid of the problem, especially in an apartment complex. They would probably have to close the whole building and smoke them out over a month. Brown Recluse spiders are pretty much impossible to exterminate. I wouldn't be surprised if lots of people have them without even knowing. My townhouse has them and I didn't know about it for the first two years I lived there. 

• Like 2

I kinda laugh when an article mentions affordable housing and then says the prices start in the upper 200s. Which probably means like one house will be 295K

This scares me.  I read articles about the average yearly income which is like $40K, and then see the below. I don't know how people buy homes here  now.  I am not looking forward to when I want to upgrade. My house isn't in a high demand area, but it still has seen about a 40% increase in less than 4 years. I guess people are spending a huge chunk of their monthly income on housing.

The average home price in Davidson County in May was $384,602. In Williamson County it was $567,096. The average price in Sumner County was $286,539

Edited by bigeasy

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Here's a rendering of the layout for the Sazerac Distillery that may go in along I-24 in Murfreesboro:

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 10.35.39 AM.png

That picture drives me nuts. There are no buildings surrounding that area. Not getting after you, but the person who made the rendering. 

Aetna to add 200 more jobs in next year in Franklin offices. They will lease 82,600 square feet of office space — the entirety of a three-story building set to open in August 2019, a company spokeswoman confirmed on Monday. Aetna signed a 10-year lease at Berry Farms with a pair of five-year extensions, according to Williamson County public records.

The new building contains about 10,000 square feet more than Aetna's two existing Franklin operations, which they will vacate next summer.

About 400 people work at those locations today. Aetna is planning to have about 600 workers at its back-office Berry Farms hub.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/07/09/boyle-development-lands-aetnas-200-job-expansion.html?ana=twt

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bigeasy said:

average yearly income which is like $40K,

The latest Median Household Income value for the Nashville MSA was $ 60,030. Source: 2016 American Community Survey 1-Year Estimates.

But the point you were making is valid. There is a bit of a disconnect between housing costs and incomes. My guess is that when the next recession hits, we may experience an extended pause to the recent price increases.

• Like 1