Rural King

MSA South - Williamson & Rutherford Counties

State Farm is closing their operations campus on the north side of Murfreesboro. However, employees are NOT being laid off but will permanently work from home.  This will likely be a running theme for the coming time period for a lot of businesses. 

https://www.dnj.com/story/news/2020/11/10/state-farm-murfreesboro-tn-close-doors-coronavirus/6242171002/

Edited by NashRugger
  • Like 2

The massive Westhaven complex on the west side of Franklin is adding an olympic pool, fitness center, lakeside amphitheater, fire pit, cabana, community lawn, and tennis courts

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2020/11/18/westhaven-expands-its-list-community-amenities/6272369002/

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 6.42.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 6.42.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 6.42.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 6.42.39 AM.png

• Like 4

Tollgate Village (3 stories, 9 units of live-work  mixed-use) is being built by Regent Homes in Thompson Station:

Tollgate Village, Nov 20, 2020, 1.png

Harvest Point (2 & 3 stories, 7 units of live-work  mixed-use) is being built by Regent Homes in Spring Hill:Harvest Point, Nov 20, 2020, render.png

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/homes/2020/11/20/live-work-townhomes-catching-on-city-suburbs/3773996001/

• Like 3

Here's a question, why haven't now towers been built in Murfreesboro? The county has a larger population now than the county Lexington KY is in and Lexington has a skyline similar to Knoxville's. I used to live there, and I hated the way the city is laid out, it causes traffic problems similar to Los Angeles in a small city. But that's not the point, the point is, why does Murfreesboro get overlooked so much when it comes to towers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NissanvilleTitans said:

Here's a question, why haven't now towers been built in Murfreesboro? The county has a larger population now than the county Lexington KY is in and Lexington has a skyline similar to Knoxville's. I used to live there, and I hated the way the city is laid out, it causes traffic problems similar to Los Angeles in a small city. But that's not the point, the point is, why does Murfreesboro get overlooked so much when it comes to towers?

A couple of reasons, I think.  With Nashville and Cool Springs already available for high-rises, I think it’s a matter of choice on most developer’s parts.  Davidson and Williamson offer more higher-end living (homes, especially)…and both have had decades of development along the interstates.  Murfreesboro has just started higher-end retail and development along the interstates in the last 10 years or so.  Maybe eventually developers will choose them…but with Nashville and Cool Spring (being twice as close to Nashville as Mboro)…I think it will still be awhile.

• Like 3

Gutterglove out of California will invest $5.4 million to build a new manufacturing/distribution center in LaVergne in Rutherford County that will bring 85 new jobs over the next 5 years. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/economic-development/article/21144793/gutter-maker-to-create-85-jobs-in-la-vergne

• Like 2