Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

1 hour ago, volsfanwill said:

If they want people to walk to the train from their home. They need to build a direct path. 

I think long term they will according to the website. Does seem odd that they wouldn't go on and build the sidewalks, as from the current photos it looks like there are none that lead from the apartments to the station. 

asset-1502804202037.png?v=0.556454838343

Edited by bigeasy
  • Like 2

On 8/21/2018 at 11:58 PM, Hey_Hey said:

I would love it if some of those surface parking lots were densified with some additional buildings.  It is a shame how much land is just asphalt in Cool Springs. Doubling the density in that area would go a long way to being able to support mass transit there.

The largest waste of space in Cool Springs is that tacky mall. Keep the new expansion and bulldoze the '91 side. Would never happen, but I'd love to see half that mall torn down for a commuter transit center.

Gray Matter Studios, and Hendersonville developer Ealey Properties signed an agreement July 19 for a 43-acre property to develop a production and post-production studio complex in Hendersonville.

"We will break ground on the state-of-the-art complex this year," said Steve Angus, founding partner of Gray Matter Studios and president of Hendersonville-based Camp Digital. "This is the right place and the right time for this project. Demand for multi-use studios in all the major markets has topped out. Los Angeles, Chicago, New York and Atlanta have run out of space."

Gray Matter Studios will feature 10 stages totaling more than 150,000 square feet. The complex will have more than 50,000 square feet of dedicated production office space attached to stages; more than 20,000 square feet of dressing room, green room, wardrobe, hair and make-up space attached to stages; a 40,000 square-foot administrative and executive office building; a 10,000 square-foot post-production building; catering and commissary; warehousing and storage; mill shop; scenic shop; grip department.

The 43-acre complex includes a five-acre backlot neighborhood. "We designed the campus to be one-stop shopping," said co-founding partner Tom Gregory, Camp Digital Vice President of Business Development. "We will offer everything on site to produce world-class entertainment."

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/hendersonville/2018/08/31/gramy-matter-tv-production-studio-pickler-ben-hendersonville/1155839002/

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 3.32.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 3.32.37 PM.png

The Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau announced its re-branding effort on Thursday, with the hope of eventually reaching 2 million visitors by 2020. 

Previously, the bureau tried to attract visitors to Franklin through its Americana brand that was launched in 2015. The latest brand will evolve around the moniker of #FranklinTN and Visit Franklin. 

In the 10 years since the Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau became an independent organization, the annual economic impact from tourism grew from $251 million to $453 million.

With growing revenue, the market is trying to meet the demand. In 2017, the city approved 694 new hotel rooms. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2018/09/06/why-williamsons-tourism-bureau-changing-its-brand-visit-franklin-tn/1211708002/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Lynnwood Station, a new development of 120 single family homes and 233 townhomes, is proposed for 66 acres between East Hills and East Division streets in Mount Juliet.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2018/09/17/lynwood-station-mt-juliet-development/1338548002/

• Like 2

On 8/24/2018 at 6:19 PM, jmtunafish said:

This was needed five years ago.  Wilson County has done a lousy job at keeping pace with its growing school enrollment, so this is a breath of fresh air.  Mt Juliet HS has been overcrowded for at least five years.  This new high school is located almost within spitting distance of Davidson County, so look for even more Davidson County residents to try to sneak their kids into Wilson County schools than usual.  Not that I blame them.  

it's right outside of the area that my wife and I live in, if we stick around long enough for kids to be HS age...this will be very convenient for us.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2018 at 4:20 PM, volsfanwill said:

If they want people to walk to the train from their home. They need to build a direct path. 

I was thinking the same thing. You can see the station from some of the houses, but have to walk so far out of the way to get to the station. It may only add 5 minutes, but it creates a huge psychological barrier. I'm actually very disappointed that this wasn't one if the first things done.

16 minutes ago, Nathan_in_the_UK said:

I was thinking the same thing. You can see the station from some of the houses, but have to walk so far out of the way to get to the station. It may only add 5 minutes, but it creates a huge psychological barrier. I'm actually very disappointed that this wasn't one if the first things done.

Especially in Tennessee heat. What is a pleasant 10 minute walk in London or New York is a grueling, sweaty, day-ruining hike in Tennessee. 

• Like 2

The large mixed-use Summit Hill project on 20 acres at the SE corner of I-65 and Old Hickory Blvd. is moving forward. It will feature a Brian Paul Hotel (171 rooms), 600 seat entertainment venue, 13 penthouse condos, 22 garden style homes, and multiple restaurants and retailers.  Brian and Wade Weissmann are working alongside Advent Partners on the development.  R.C. Matthews Contractor and ASA Engineering are involved.  Permit applications are in process. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21023160/sobro-site-near-roundabout-under-contract

Here is a rough sketch of a part of the project now---very castle-like:

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 3.22.29 PM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site listed as Brian Paul Hotel in teal at center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 3.32.02 PM.png

• Like 2

Brentwood residents are going to absolutely lose it over this. Much smaller developments have driven them to extreme lengths, and that think looks like a behemoth. 

Not only is it developing the hillside, but it is adding an entertainment venue, dense housing, and traffic. Funnily enough, I believe that it is just inside the Davidson county line, so there will be absolutely nothing they can do about it. 

• Haha 3

On 8/24/2018 at 6:19 PM, jmtunafish said:

This new high school is located almost within spitting distance of Davidson County, so look for even more Davidson County residents to try to sneak their kids into Wilson County schools than usual.

Doesn't sound very RULE OF LAW to me.  Do they want our society to crumble into lawlessness?  smh

Hilton Franklin Cool Springs  (8 stories, 244 rooms) opened this week.  It  also home to the area’s only roof-level patio, a heated pool and a terrace with a fireplace.

It also features a restaurant Härth, as well as indoor and outdoor event venues with more than 6,200 square feet of flexible space.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2018/09/27/new-hilton-hotel-opens-cool-springs/1443727002/

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 3.59.54 PM.png

• Like 4