Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

4 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Mack Hatcher Memorial Parkway extension to finally get underway in Franklin. To break ground in 2019.

Length: 3.2 miles

Cost: $43 million

Phase 1: Construction of the inside half of the roadway with one travel lane in each direction; build out intersections at Highway 96 West, Del Rio Pike and Hillsboro Road.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2018/10/08/mack-hatcher-memorial-parkway-extension-finally-break-ground-2019/1572309002/

How much is the state paying for this?

7 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Mack Hatcher Memorial Parkway extension to finally get underway in Franklin. To break ground in 2019.

Length: 3.2 miles

Cost: $43 million

Phase 1: Construction of the inside half of the roadway with one travel lane in each direction; build out intersections at Highway 96 West, Del Rio Pike and Hillsboro Road.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2018/10/08/mack-hatcher-memorial-parkway-extension-finally-break-ground-2019/1572309002/

Wonder where the public outcry over $43 million being spent on 3 miles of road the majority of people will never use is... :shades:

• Like 3

At least 3,000 homes are part of new developments near I-40 and Route 109 in Lebanon, and a commercial district may not be far behind.

- StoneBridge has 600 homes either finished or underway, and another 209 on the way.

- Wilson Farms has started on 728 multifamily units.

- Holland Ridge will be 345 single family homes and town homes.

- Waverly calls for 700 homes.

-Rowland Farms is approved for 55 homes and is underway.

- Woodall Ridge will be a 219 unit townhome project.

- Woodbridge Glen is a 517 lot subdivision.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2018/10/09/lebanon-tn-development-new-homes-highway-109/1513597002/

• Like 3

15 hours ago, markhollin said:

At least 3,000 homes are part of new developments near I-40 and Route 109 in Lebanon, and a commercial district may not be far behind.

- StoneBridge has 600 homes either finished or underway, and another 209 on the way.

- Wilson Farms has started on 728 multifamily units.

- Holland Ridge will be 345 single family homes and town homes.

- Waverly calls for 700 homes.

-Rowland Farms is approved for 55 homes and is underway.

- Woodall Ridge will be a 219 unit townhome project.

- Woodbridge Glen is a 517 lot subdivision.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2018/10/09/lebanon-tn-development-new-homes-highway-109/1513597002/

Sorry for being a Debbie Downer, but that is insane and borderline irresponsible.  Hwy 109 @ I-40 is woefully inadequate as it is.  Add another 3,000 homes AND retail AND more hotels AND more industry, and it'll be an absolute nightmare.   But I guess as Nashville's closer suburbs continue to get more expensive, this kind of crazy development is inevitable, particularly right there along I-40.  

Edited by jmtunafish

2 hours ago, Rockatansky said:

I thought 109 had received a series of updates in recent years so it could act as an substitute to (the cancelled) 840N.

It's better than a two-lane country road, yes.  I think TDOT made a big mistake when it didn't make the I-40/Hwy 109 intersection a cloverleaf.  Now that there are a bunch of factories, distribution centers, truck stops, fast food joints, and other businesses right there at 109, traffic comes to a standstill and stays that way most of the day.  I don't think it helps that the state didn't insist that Leeville and Division be aligned so there would be just one busy intersection on 109 north of I-40 instead of two.

i do think it's interesting that there's a Music City Star station just a few miles up 109 from I-40, but there's hardly a single new housing development near it.  Instead, everything is being built by I-40.

• Like 1

A roughly 775-acre development, known as Alexander Farm, is expected to move forward as major road improvements are put in place to handle the flow of traffic, including a planned new interchange at Interstate 65 and Buckner Road.

Preliminary development plans for Alexander Farm envision 3.9 million square feet of Class A office space, nearly 1.3 million square feet of retail and restaurant space, 400 hotel rooms and 2,926 residential units (via single-family houses, cottages, townhomes and multi-family buildings) over the next 20 years.

Nashville-based real estate, design and development firm Southeast Venture has been hired to plan the development. The land is owned by the Alexander family.

More at the Nashville Post magazine here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/nashville-post-magazine/article/21026548/a-natural-evolution-in-spring-hill

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 4.07.21 PM.png

• Like 4