Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Cedar Center will be an 8 building,  372,000 sq. ft. mixed-use project on 47 acres off Old Lebanon Dirt Rd. and Cedar Drive in Mount Juliet behind the Valley Center Shopping Mall.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2019/12/20/mt-juliet-development-cedar-center/2697930001/

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 7.22.28 AM.png

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The Harpeth Hotel (a Hilton boutique brand at 4 stories, 119 rooms,  1799 Kitchen & Cocktails, and McGavock's Coffee Bar) has opened as part of the Harpeth Square roll out in downtown Franklin. There is also a 591 space internal garage as part of the massive mixed-use project that also features office space, residences, and other restaurant/retail options.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2019/12/20/harpeth-hotel-downtown-franklin-look-inside/2674308001/

Harpeth Hotel, Harpeth Square, Dec 20, 2019, 1.png

Harpeth Hotel, Harpeth Square, Dec 20, 2019, 2.png

Harpeth Hotel, Harpeth Square, Dec 20, 2019, 3.png

Harpeth Hotel, Harpeth Square, Dec 20, 2019, 4.png

Harpeth Hotel, Harpeth Square, Dec 20, 2019, 5.png

Harpeth Hotel, Harpeth Square, Dec 20, 2019, 6.png

Harpeth Hotel, Harpeth Square, Dec 20, 2019, 7.png

Harpeth Hotel, Harpeth Square, Dec 20, 2019, 8.png

Harpeth Hotel, Harpeth Square, Dec 20, 2019, 9.png

Harpeth Hotel, Harpeth Square, Dec 20, 2019, 10.png

Harpeth Hotel, Harpeth Square, Dec 20, 2019, 11.png

Harpeth Hotel, Harpeth Square, Dec 20, 2019, 12.png

Harpeth Hotel, Harpeth Square, Dec 20, 2019, 13.png

Harpeth Hotel, Harpeth Square, Dec 20, 2019, 14.png

Harpeth Hotel, Harpeth Square, Dec 20, 2019, 15.png

Harpeth Hotel, Harpeth Square, Dec 20, 2019, 16.png

Gorgeous! A wonderful addition to downtown Franklin!

• Like 1

McCain's Station will be a 130 acre, 700 unit residential development at Hwy. 386 and Big Station Camp Rd. in Gallatin. Preliminary plans call for a total of 684 homes: 112 single-family residential lots, 195 multi-family units and 377 town home or flat units, along with six commercial lots, nine green space tracts and eight public rights-of-way.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/2019/12/23/gallatin-council-consider-preliminary-plans-mccains-station-including-hundreds-homes/2639601001/

Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 8.13.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 8.16.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 8.16.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 8.16.55 AM.png

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Smaller home developments like Spring Valley Farms and Hardeman Springs are popping up in pockets around Williamson County.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/homes/2019/12/27/new-williamson-county-neighborhoods-smaller-but-still-live-large/2750279001/

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 5.49.08 AM.png

I'm overly cynical, but I see a pool that would be shared by 11 homes and think major headache. One family, with 3 teenagers, would take over the pool every weekend, with their noisy friends, and hack off everyone else.    

3 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

I'm overly cynical, but I see a pool that would be shared by 11 homes and think major headache. One family, with 3 teenagers, would take over the pool every weekend, with their noisy friends, and hack off everyone else.    

Not any different than any other community pool. That number actually is really low compared to others. 

29 minutes ago, satalac said:

Not any different than any other community pool. That number actually is really low compared to others. 

When I lived in a condo with a community pool we had the same issue, but with more owners we could enforce the rules more easily. When we looked to move, we avoided similar set ups, especially the multiple homes sharing a single driveway. There always seem to be someone these days whose "rights" supersede everyone else's.  Yes, I am overly cynical. 

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 8:25 AM, markhollin said:

Cedar Center will be an 8 building,  372,000 sq. ft. mixed-use project on 47 acres off Old Lebanon Dirt Rd. and Cedar Drive in Mount Juliet behind the Valley Center Shopping Mall.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2019/12/20/mt-juliet-development-cedar-center/2697930001/

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 7.22.28 AM.png

Look at the size of those parking lots!! I know Mt. Juliet is car dependent, but holy crap that’s a lot!! I would hope that some of those four-tray areas are pervious rather than all hot top

Edited by Bos2Nash

On 12/27/2019 at 10:34 AM, Nash_12South said:

When I lived in a condo with a community pool we had the same issue, but with more owners we could enforce the rules more easily. When we looked to move, we avoided similar set ups, especially the multiple homes sharing a single driveway. There always seem to be someone these days whose "rights" supersede everyone else's.  Yes, I am overly cynical. 

All it takes is one bad experience and you can become cynical. Can't say I blame you.

• Like 1

Mount Juliet retail development opening delayed until fall.

From Andy Humbles in The Tennessean:

”The Incredible Christmas Place store recently announced in Mt. Juliet is now projected for the fourth quarter of 2020, according to ownership.
This summer was the initial estimate to open the popular Pigeon Forge destination's second store on the west side of North Mt. Juliet Road.

Construction delays have factored into pushing the estimated opening to later in the year, representatives involved with the development said.

Hopes are initial excavation work can start in the coming weeks, according to Kristen Jackson, part of the Incredible Christmas Place’s ownership group.  

The new Mount Juliet outpost of Pigeon Forge’s big Christmas store is delayed. Now projected to open 4th quarter 2020.

“Everything is on track for a 2020 fourth quarter opening,” Jackson said in an email. “We are busy planning and buying and are looking forward to this season in Mt. Juliet.”

The store will be in a 12,000-square-foot building that is approved for construction on nearly 3 acres. The development site is called Sellars Station and is across from the Sellars Park commercial development.

There is room for another building at Sellars Station, and ownership has had interest from restaurants to be part of the development, according to a representative with Sellars Commemorative Solutions, which owns the property.”

6A213B8A-E24D-45E4-B361-87428E954797.jpeg

Edited by donNdonelson2
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 9:46 AM, donNdonelson2 said:

Mount Juliet retail development opening delayed until fall.

From Andy Humbles in The Tennessean:

”The Incredible Christmas Place store recently announced in Mt. Juliet is now projected for the fourth quarter of 2020, according to ownership.
This summer was the initial estimate to open the popular Pigeon Forge destination's second store on the west side of North Mt. Juliet Road.

Construction delays have factored into pushing the estimated opening to later in the year, representatives involved with the development said.

Hopes are initial excavation work can start in the coming weeks, according to Kristen Jackson, part of the Incredible Christmas Place’s ownership group.  

The new Mount Juliet outpost of Pigeon Forge’s big Christmas store is delayed. Now projected to open 4th quarter 2020.

“Everything is on track for a 2020 fourth quarter opening,” Jackson said in an email. “We are busy planning and buying and are looking forward to this season in Mt. Juliet.”

The store will be in a 12,000-square-foot building that is approved for construction on nearly 3 acres. The development site is called Sellars Station and is across from the Sellars Park commercial development.

There is room for another building at Sellars Station, and ownership has had interest from restaurants to be part of the development, according to a representative with Sellars Commemorative Solutions, which owns the property.”

I'm guessing they looked into the Paddock's or other parts of Mt. Juliet, but to me, this is the kind of of business that could help make the Lebanon Outlet Marketplace work.   I want this to succeed in Mt. Juliet, but I think having visibility from the interstate would be more beneficial, as opposed to 4 miles off the interstate in Mt. Juliet.   

Edited by Bark At The Sun
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Bark At The Sun said:

I'm guessing they looked into the Paddock's or other parts of Mt. Juliet, but to me, this is the kind of of business that could help make the Lebanon Outlet Marketplace work.   I want this to succeed in Mt. Juliet, but I think having visibility from the interstate would be more beneficial, as opposed to 4 miles off the interstate in Mt. Juliet.   

I think this will be “destination retail” for those who are 365-days-per-year Christmas decorations fanatics. The short distance off I-40 shouldn’t be too much of a disadvantage.

• Like 2

A 237 unit condo condo complex featuring 8 buildings (half of which would be 4 stories tall) is being planned for 20.0 acres off of Wood Duck Court in east Franklin.  Community Housing Partnership is the developer.  No name of the complex yet. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2020/01/14/wood-duck-court-franklin-tn-community-housing-partnership/4470144002/

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 8.33.36 AM.png

• Like 1