Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Northwest Gardens will be a 12 building, 360 unit apartment complex on Nonaville Rd. in northern Mt. Juliet. A walking trail, pool, clubhouse and an open field play area are amenities listed with the project.More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2020/01/27/north-mt-juliet-northtown-gardens-plan-includes-360-apartment-units/4586408002/

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 6.07.52 AM.png

• Like 4

4.7 acres of prime land about 1/4 mile from The Factory in Franklin has been bought for $3 million by billionaire Brad Kelley.  He also owns 200 acres of undeveloped land immediately north of downtown Franklin.  Kelley owns about 1.5 million acres of land nationwide (4th largest portfolio in the country).  He has a home in Franklin. It is not clear what his plans are.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2016/06/28/reclusive-franklin-billionaire-buys-more-property.html

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 8.04.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 8.03.14 AM.png

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2020 at 9:25 AM, PHofKS said:

Talk to former Governor Phil Bredeson about that. It was his call and his call only.

And it was a good call because the northern loop was estimated to cost would be over 3 times as much given the terrain, likely well over $2bil. The current segment of 840 was budgeted for $351mil and finished off at $753mil, so a $2bil estimate for the north segment is probably conservative. There's nowhere near the need on that side of the metro area to justify that cost. Widening 24 between Nashville and the TN/KY state line would make more sense.

• Like 4

10 construction projects in Gallatin, including Windsong housing development of 630 homes on 126 acres at corner of South Water Ave. and State Route 109, which also has a new Publix Grocery Store.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/2020/02/04/whats-happening-gallatin-take-look-these-10-unique-construction-projects/4602390002/

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 10.05.07 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NashRugger said:

And it was a good call because the northern loop was estimated to cost would be over 3 times as much given the terrain, likely well over $2bil. The current segment of 840 was budgeted for $351mil and finished off at $753mil, so a $2bil estimate for the north segment is probably conservative. There's nowhere near the need on that side of the metro area to justify that cost. Widening 24 between Nashville and the TN/KY state line would make more sense.

The Lebanon to I-65 portion would be highly used...but you're right, it would be very costly.

They are currently underway. The stretch from Gallatin north to Portland has been 4-laned (divided much of it) for 5-6 years now. The stretch from the Cumberland River south to Highway 70 is currently underway (4-lane with median).  A new stretch that will bypass Portland to a new interchange at I-65 just south of the KY line is going through ROW and preliminary work. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

They are currently underway. The stretch from Gallatin north to Portland has been 4-laned (divided much of it) for 5-6 years now. The stretch from the Cumberland River south to Highway 70 is currently underway (4-lane with median).  A new stretch that will bypass Portland to a new interchange at I-65 just south of the KY line is going through ROW and preliminary work. 

I wish they'd done something different at the 109/I-40 interchange like making it a complete cloverleaf.  It's a real fustercluck right now, especially during rush hour with all those traffic lights and gas stations/fast food joints.   Otherwise, yes, when it's finished 109 will be a nice and much cheaper alternative than extending 840 from 40E to 65N.  It's certainly a lot more environmentally friendly than building a new interstate.

• Like 1

Andrews Transportation Group is going to expand it Jaguar/Land Rover service and parts operations at 1 Cadillac Drive, just off Old Hickory Blvd. in Maryland Farms.  The service dept. will have additional 8,360 sq. ft. of additional space w/ 16 service bays and a car wash system.  A second level will be added for display space for 100 more cars. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21114064/brentwood-luxury-car-dealership-to-expand

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 8.16.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 8.16.12 AM.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Vanderbilt Medical Center plants a flag on Anderson Lane, north of Indian Lake Village in Hendersonville with a new 31,000 s.f. clinic. These often (not always) signal the start of what become much larger facilities over time. https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/2020/02/13/vanderbilt-build-multi-specialty-health-clinic-hendersonville/4751933002/

A rendering of a 31,000 square foot Vanderbilt University Medical Center facility to be built in Hendersonville with plans to open in the winter of 2021.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Just my gut, I expect a sizable increase in companies going to Williamson and Rutherford over Davidson. 

This may end up being the case, but I'm not sure the ops center for Spirit Airlines is a bellwether for it. They are an ultra-low-cost carrier and these jobs, while they are well-paying and require a highly-educated workforce, aren't the type on which you pay a premium for vanity office space anyway. Lots of office space + low overhead + high income = Cool Springs. I don't know the details of their search, and it's possible they considered Davidson County at some point, but the profile fits a Williamson County office park regardless of politics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

fxvol's excellent info on Oakland and Riverdale high schools being built in Murfreesboro in 1973 got me thinking about the change I've seen just since moving to TN in 1993.  If I remember correctly...Rutherford County had Oakland, Riverdale, Smyrna, LaVergne and Eagleville (not even sure if they had a high school at that time or not...but I think so).  Since then...maybe not in order of construction...but they've added Blackman and Siegel (both in M'boro)...Stewarts's Creek in Smyrna...and Rockvale.   You also have Central Magnet and Holloway High School in M'boro.  Also have several private schools...but none as big as the Davidson / Williamson private schools.  Rutherford County is expecting to build another high school in 2024 either in the Buchanan area south of M'boro (covering the Buchanan and Christiana communities)...or they'll build one in the Almaville area that covers the M'boro/Smyrna urban growth boundary in west Rutherford County and help relieve stress on Blackman HS.

In Williamson County...I remember there being Franklin, Brentwood, Page and Fairview...along with private schools Brentwood Academy and BGA.  Since then they've added Centennial, Independence, Ravenwood, Summit (in Spring Hill) and Nolensville.  There are a few other smaller private schools.  Williamson is expecting to open a new high school somewhere in the county in 2025.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, titanhog said:

fxvol's excellent info on Oakland and Riverdale high schools being built in Murfreesboro in 1973 got me thinking about the change I've seen just since moving to TN in 1993.  If I remember correctly...Rutherford County had Oakland, Riverdale, Smyrna, LaVergne and Eagleville (not even sure if they had a high school at that time or not...but I think so).  Since then...maybe not in order of construction...but they've added Blackman and Siegel (both in M'boro)...Stewarts's Creek in Smyrna...and Rockvale.   You also have Central Magnet and Holloway High School in M'boro.  Also have several private schools...but none as big as the Davidson / Williamson private schools.  Rutherford County is expecting to build another high school in 2024 either in the Buchanan area south of M'boro (covering the Buchanan and Christiana communities)...or they'll build one in the Almaville area that covers the M'boro/Smyrna urban growth boundary in west Rutherford County and help relieve stress on Blackman HS.

In Williamson County...I remember there being Franklin, Brentwood, Page and Fairview...along with private schools Brentwood Academy and BGA.  Since then they've added Centennial, Independence, Ravenwood, Summit (in Spring Hill) and Nolensville.  There are a few other smaller private schools.  Williamson is expecting to open a new high school somewhere in the county in 2025.

In Williamson, Centennial was the first new high school since Brentwood opened in the early 80s. Centennial opened my freshman year in 1996, I was in the first class to attend 4 years.  both Ravenwood and Independence opened while I was in college.   I moved here in 92. and attended the new trinity Elementary, which was only 1 year old at the time. i dont know how many, but they built quite a few identical elementary schools in the early 90s.  many more since.  I went to Page Middle, and while there, several new middle schools opened. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, opendrawerwhore said:

That's Barfield

They're actually talking about building in the Buchanan area (SE of M'boro)...but also would pull in some students from the Christiana area.  Basically would be covering the area of Rutherford County south of M'boro to the SE and S.

buchanan HS.jpg

Edited by titanhog