Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Up for rezoning!  Mount View LLC is set to start building Brentwood Skyline with 195 apartment units. From NP:  https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21126636/brentwoodarea-project-prepped-for-jumpstart

Skyline art.png

https://goo.gl/maps/8qM244pkfC9cyorNA

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital is planning a $24.6 million, 32,000 sq. ft. facility at the intersection of Veterans Parkway and Shores Rd. in Murfreesboro.  It will feature eight inpatients beds, eight emergency treatment rooms, imaging and lab services and medical office space. The beds will be transferred to the facility from Rutherford hospital’s main campus, according to a proposal submitted to the state.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/health-care/article/21128769/saint-thomas-proposes-25m-satellite-hospital

I think it is only 100 jobs or so if it is like the project in Huntsville. I see no mention of YouTube or Google anywhere in the article other than this:

As of today, Facebook has 10 data centers open and five under construction around the world. The company continues to build more, as do other tech giants such as Amazon and Google (the latter has a data center in Clarksville). In February, Facebook powered up its data center in the Columbus, Ohio, area.

• Thanks 1

Vanderbilt Univ. Medical Center is planning to build a $134 million, 48 bed, 154,000 sq. ft. acute care hospital in Murfreesboro at intersection of Veterans Pkwy and State Route 840. 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/04/22/vumc-seeks-approval-to-build-134-million-hospital.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Vanderbilt Univ. Medical Center is planning to build a $134 million, 48 bed, 154,000 sq. ft. acute care hospital in Murfreesboro at intersection of Veterans Pkwy and State Route 840. 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/04/22/vumc-seeks-approval-to-build-134-million-hospital.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Wow.  They'll have St. Thomas Rutherford...VUMC...and Stonecrest (Tri-Star) all within just a few miles of one another.  I guess with over 300,000 residents, they can justify it.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I fully understand the fight between Vandy and TriStar, but clearly Vandy is wanting to build a feeder network

TriStar has been aggressive in attempts to invade areas where the default on payment is low, which is understandable when considering where a substantial portion of their network is located, coupled with recent attempts and blocks by the state

Just my observation

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LA_TN said:

I'm not sure I fully understand the fight between Vandy and TriStar, but clearly Vandy is wanting to build a feeder network

TriStar has been aggressive in attempts to invade areas where the default on payment is low, which is understandable when considering where a substantial portion of their network is located, coupled with recent attempts and blocks by the state

Just my observation

To me it’s just strange there will be this many hospitals in the M’boro / Smyrna area...but we don’t see the same thing happening in Williamson County, which will have a similar population in the coming years.

It may be  because a lot of people come to Murfreesboro for medical care from for McMinville, Smithville, Shelbyville, Tullahoma, and Manchester.  I don't think Franklin has as many  feeder cities needing healthcare.  Plus Rutherford country is larger and growing faster. 

• Like 1

The Tennessean has an article online today about a 'hotel, multifamily' project for 'east Franklin'. I cannot stand the Tennessean now that they've moved to Knoxville and Getahn Ward no longer is there. So I don't have a subscription anymore. If anyone has any insight (please don't go to the Tennessean site), it might be interesting to see. 

• Like 1