Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Lebanon officials have announced an unknown  national grocery store chain has submitted a site plan to build a grocery store on land near State Route 109 and Hickory Ridge Road on the city's west side.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2020/07/01/national-grocery-chain-submits-site-plan-lebanon/5359845002/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

Yikes!  Not sure who to give the photo credit to but the Franklin FD tweeted this.  This happened in Berry Farms. Couldn’t fathom this happening in Nashville.  (No injuries)

159C6667-D021-46B9-A846-FB12E7CAECE7.jpeg

Was wondering what happened. Was extremely low on gas and got stopped right before the traffic circle. 

5 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

Yikes!  Not sure who to give the photo credit to but the Franklin FD tweeted this.  This happened in Berry Farms. Couldn’t fathom this happening in Nashville.  (No injuries)

from NewsChannel5 

A 200-foot crane collapsed at a commercial construction site in Berry Farms Monday afternoon.

Franklin Fire Department officials say the crane fell was doing work at the site on Rural Plains Circle when it fell across the road and into a parking lot, missing cars and people as it collapsed. Franklin firefighters responded to the construction site just after 1 p.m. Lt. Moss said the crane was leaking diesel fuel that the firefighters were able to quickly contain.

The crane operator had already climbed out of the crane and refused medical treatment when help arrived. No one was injured in the collapse.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

Thankful for underground utilities 

• Like 2

On 6/30/2020 at 11:14 AM, NashRugger said:

That area of Murfreesboro is the next to explode given a lot of open land and relative convenience to I-24 via I-840.

There's going to be a Publix built over there too. I live close to this area and you see for sale signs all over Veterans. It's exploding right now, which makes me sad because it was really pretty with all the farm land, but I knew it would happen. I'm sure people said the same thing about the neighborhood that my house is in. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, satalac said:

There's going to be a Publix built over there too. I live close to this area and you see for sale signs all over Veterans. It's exploding right now, which makes me sad because it was really pretty with all the farm land, but I knew it would happen. I'm sure people said the same thing about the neighborhood that my house is in. 

That exit is going to explode soon.  Will be unrecognizable in the next 5-10 years.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

That exit is going to explode soon.  Will be unrecognizable in the next 5-10 years.  

I've enjoyed only having to hit the lights at 99 and 96 on Veterans on my way in to work. I know that's going to change, and probably should. That Veterans exit backs up onto 840 sometimes in the afternoon, at least pre-COVID. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, satalac said:

I've enjoyed only having to hit the lights at 99 and 96 on Veterans on my way in to work. I know that's going to change, and probably should. That Veterans exit backs up onto 840 sometimes in the afternoon, at least pre-COVID. 

Yep.  I've driven 840 between M'boro and Franklin several times where there was a standstill somewhere along the way.  Bet that stretch of 840 will go to 4 lanes each way within 20 years.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Yep.  I've driven 840 between M'boro and Franklin several times where there was a standstill somewhere along the way.  Bet that stretch of 840 will go to 4 lanes each way within 20 years.

I actually asked TDOT that question.  Because of the rolling hills some of the trucks end up slowing way down to 55 mph chugging up the hills.  (Between Arno and 65).  They said they had no plans to widen 840.  Obviously that can (and will) change eventually.  Personally I would love to see TDOT work on 65 North of Nashville and make it three lanes all the way to KY.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

I actually asked TDOT that question.  Because of the rolling hills some of the trucks end up slowing way down to 55 mph chugging up the hills.  (Between Arno and 65).  They said they had no plans to widen 840.  Obviously that can (and will) change eventually.  Personally I would love to see TDOT work on 65 North of Nashville and make it three lanes all the way to KY.

I also wrote TDOT about the dismal condition of I-65 between Davidson County and the KY line. I got a reply from the Secretary of Transportation saying (somewhat defensively) that they will be addressing capacity soon... somewhat vaguely. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

I also wrote TDOT about the dismal condition of I-65 between Davidson County and the KY line. I got a reply from the Secretary of Transportation saying (somewhat defensively) that they will be addressing capacity soon... somewhat vaguely. 

I emailed TDOT a while back about this and they said it was part of the IMPROVE plan and it would be done in stages.

It's kind of embarrassing to get to the state line and it go back to 4 lanes instead of 6.

• Like 1

Agreed. I referenced that. I was actually driving a co-worker to Bowling Green. He is originally from the Middle Atlantic region where they've had 3-4 lanes (in each direction) Interstates for 30+ years. He laughed when we came back toward Nashville and (about 20 miles north of downtown Nashville) actually said with a chuckle, "This looks like West Virginia."  Couldn't argue. 

• Like 1

CA South Development and Griffin Partners have teamed up to form CA South Industrial and will build a 375,000 sq. ft. industrial building on 33 acres at 1770 Callis Rd. in Lebanon.

More at The Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21139577/work-looms-on-north-side-apartment-project

Stephens Valley is located off Highway 100 and Sneed and Pasquo roads, about 20 miles west of downtown Nashville and 12 miles northwest of Franklin. Some new renderings of the 116 three story townhomes and condos that will be part of the development:

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2020/07/08/stephens-valley-adds-townhomes-condo-flats-master-planned-community/5380615002/

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 5.17.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 5.17.15 AM.png

• Like 2