Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

13 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

The City of Franklin has released their preliminary Master Plan for their new City Hall. 

They've created a website to give an array of information as well as communicate updates on the project. Additionally there is a very indepth flip book about the process thus far.

Here is an overview video of the master plan

Here are some preliminary floor plans found in the master plan.

Sub Grade Parking:

Subgrade_24x36.thumb.jpg.b835261bd70ded137e5b7bc56fa07cfb.jpg

First Floor

4968541_FirstFloor_24x36.thumb.jpg.1e90cbd1bbf3aebdefabdfd8a1c0f07e.jpg

Second Floor

904039509_SecondFloor_24x36.thumb.jpg.ab980bb4bd7bfdb40c10b6fa46c4b05a.jpg

Third Floor

212407119_ThirdFloor_24x36.thumb.jpg.ac5deb821678468fbdf73bb0fab50f47.jpg

About time they replaced that awful building. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Williamson County:  The Brownland Farms development (470 homes on 233 acres of farmland at Mack Hatcher Parkway and Hwy. 96 West is still in limbo due to concerns over flooding in the area.  The Franklin Board moved to defer yesterday's vote to an Oct. 12 meeting after learning from city staff that they hadn't yet had time to fully vet how the Hillsboro Road would be affected during a 100-year flood.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/franklin/2021/09/15/brownland-farms-development-flux-amid-flooding-worries/8340804002/

Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 5.16.09 AM.png

• Like 2

23 hours ago, markhollin said:

Rutherford County: After being shot down by the state a year ago, Vanderbilt is once again proposing a  2 & 3 story, 42 bed, $144 million  hospital at Veterans Parkway and State Route 840 in Murfreesboro to be called Vanderbilt Rutherford Hospital. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/09/16/vanderbilt-university-medical-center-murfreesboro.html

And behind the NashvillePost paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/vumc-to-pitch-new-hospital-in-murfreesboro/article_267aa21c-1638-11ec-a99a-db12937058a9.html

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 8.33.19 AM.png

Not sure this area needs it, but if they do approve, something MUST be done to address the growing traffic issues here. The exit ramp from 840 west onto Veterans gets backed up to the interstate, then people pass on the right only to immediately do a u turn in the middle of Veterans or simply cut people off and turn left. I almost put a person into a wall that tried to sneak around me doing that crap. 

• Like 3

Rutherford County: The day after Vanderbilt University Medical Center announced its Rutherford County hospital, Ascension Saint Thomas announced a $110 million expansion at its Murfreesboro location that will include 58 new beds (up from 358) and adding 16 critical care unit beds, as well as a 1,000 capacity garage.

More behind theNashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/ascension-announces-110m-plan-to-expand-murfreesboro-hospital/article_cc660d0c-17ae-11ec-8b17-f72ff589c020.html

And at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/09/17/ascension-saint-thomas-rutherford-expansion.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=1

Ascension Saint Thomas Ruherford expansion, Sept, 2021, diagram 1.png

Ascension Saint Thomas Ruherford expansion, Sept, 2021, diagram 2.png

• Like 3

On 9/17/2021 at 8:02 AM, satalac said:

Not sure this area needs it, but if they do approve, something MUST be done to address the growing traffic issues here. The exit ramp from 840 west onto Veterans gets backed up to the interstate, then people pass on the right only to immediately do a u turn in the middle of Veterans or simply cut people off and turn left. I almost put a person into a wall that tried to sneak around me doing that crap. 

The thing is pretty much no one turns right there. It would almost be more efficient for everyone to just turn right and do a u-turn. I really have no idea why they continue to build interstate ramps this way.

6 hours ago, glamdring269 said:

The thing is pretty much no one turns right there. It would almost be more efficient for everyone to just turn right and do a u-turn. I really have no idea why they continue to build interstate ramps this way.

Restricted crossing U-turn intersections do exactly that, although it's intended more for crossing traffic. TDOT is just now getting into the RCUT intersections in certain areas; they have referred to them as "J-turns" for some previous projects. The version that allows for crossing traffic is the Michigan left.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_left

TDOT could fit a loop ramp in the northwest quadrant of the interchange for traffic coming from westbound I-840 to southbound Veterans Parkway, but it would be tight (about a 250-foot radius for the loop ramp). A DDI would also solve the problem although it's not a great application on I-840 where there is no shortage of right-of-way.

The quick and dirty option (at the expense of efficiency) would be to just signalize it.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Look what I found rolling into Nashville from the east my favorite gas station and first location in TN and one of many planned for the greater Nashville area the guy told me.  (and a lot cheaper than gas intown) 

IMG_1781.JPG

That’s the new one in Lebanon.   It will at least give Uncle Pete’s some needed competition.   

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

That’s the new one in Lebanon.   It will at least give Uncle Pete’s some needed competition.   

And hopefully spur some new development along that stretch of road. IMO that’s one of Lebanon’s biggest issues, it just looks old !! Like it’s in a time warp 30 years ago. They need to get on the ball and start capitalizing on this tremendous growth in Middle Tennessee and welcome it like Gallatin and Mt Juliet, Cool Springs and even Cookeville. To many old Nimby’s in that town. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

And hopefully spur some new development along that stretch of road. IMO that’s one of Lebanon’s biggest issues, it just looks old !! Like it’s in a time warp 30 years ago. They need to get on the ball and start capitalizing on this tremendous growth in Middle Tennessee and welcome it like Gallatin and Mt Juliet, Cool Springs and even Cookeville. To many old Nimby’s in that town. 

Yes, although that half clover leaf exchange (Exit 239) where the new QT is is so compact that traffic feeding onto I-40 from US70 enters at a snail’s pace.   My worry is a lot of new truck and QT traffic getting on and off there will further back up the I-40 flow, which is already congested through the 3 Lebanon exits.   TDOT just completed the 2-year I-40 extra lane project between Gallatin Hwy 109 and Exit 236 (South Hartmann).   Just wish TDOT would have bit the bullet and continued all the way to 239.   

• Like 4

17 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Look what I found rolling into Nashville from the east my favorite gas station and first location in TN and one of many planned for the greater Nashville area the guy told me.  (and a lot cheaper than gas intown) 

IMG_1781.JPG

Not the first location. They've been in the Tri-Cities for a long time. My wife and I used to do audits on them. So, I know for a fact they've been there a long time. We also did audits on Mapco and their sub-brands, such as Delta. We did Fastop, HotSpot, and QuickStop. QT isn't that special. The smallest of those chains, QuickStop, only located in the Tri-Cities area, was the cleanest and kept their food properly stored. The next time you're in the Smokies area, do I would warn against eating the prepared food from Fastops. They keep the food on the cooler where the drinks are stored and not in freezers like QuickStop. The same is true for over half the HotSpots too. The only a few Fastops keep food in a freezer like the the big one off of exit 8 on I-81 in Morristown. Some Mapco stores in Georgia put extra stock in the bathrooms. I've seen since things, man. Welcome to gas stations.

• Thanks 2

CenterHill, your absolutely right. It’s a bottleneck situation, and compounded each time that a big event is held at the fairgrounds. Maybe someone on here , that’s in the know can  further elaborate on this. But I have heard rumors, that a new interchange is in the works just east of this area to connect with a new East Hartmann road . To make a loop around Lebanon, and provide access to the back side of the fairgrounds. We have had discussions here , about the next phase of I-40 widening though Lebanon, and from those in the know it should be out to bid by 2023 and complete by 2025. And include a tunnel for expansion of the airport runway. I’m hoping for this new interchange to be included with this next phase, especially since the State Fair is now held here. The State has said they are going to help with infrastructure improvement around the fairgrounds. 

• Like 2

Wilson County: Mt. Juliet commissioners approved the plan for Canbrake subdivision, which will feature 276 homes on 100 acres near Devonshire and Georgetown Drives.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/ritz-carlton-project-proposal-back-on-mdha-agenda/article_af043f10-1a45-11ec-8240-939227e08a72.html

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2021 at 8:55 AM, NissanvilleTitans said:

Not the first location. They've been in the Tri-Cities for a long time. My wife and I used to do audits on them. So, I know for a fact they've been there a long time. We also did audits on Mapco and their sub-brands, such as Delta. We did Fastop, HotSpot, and QuickStop. QT isn't that special. The smallest of those chains, QuickStop, only located in the Tri-Cities area, was the cleanest and kept their food properly stored. The next time you're in the Smokies area, do I would warn against eating the prepared food from Fastops. They keep the food on the cooler where the drinks are stored and not in freezers like QuickStop. The same is true for over half the HotSpots too. The only a few Fastops keep food in a freezer like the the big one off of exit 8 on I-81 in Morristown. Some Mapco stores in Georgia put extra stock in the bathrooms. I've seen since things, man. Welcome to gas stations.

I think we are talking about different gas station chains.  QT QuikTrip is this one 

QuikTrip Corporation > Home  and that location in Lebanon is their first in the state.  This is a Tulsa based chain that dominates Atlanta, Charlotte, Phoenix, Dallas Fort Worth etc.  

• Like 1

Wilson County:

1) Benders Ferry will be a 354 home subdivision on 161 acres fronting York Rd. in Mt. Juliet.

2) A 218 home subdivision is being planned on 88 acres by Beazer Homes between Curd and Beckwith Roads.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/mt-juliet/2021/09/22/mt-juliet-wilson-county-growth-plans-to-build-than-550-homes-proposed/5784836001/

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I think we are talking about different gas station chains.  QT QuikTrip is this one 

QuikTrip Corporation > Home  and that location in Lebanon is their first in the state.  This is a Tulsa based chain that dominates Atlanta, Charlotte, Phoenix, Dallas Fort Worth etc.  

I'm sorry. You're correct. I was mistaken with QP gas stations. You're smart, I'm dumb. You're good looking, I'm not so attractive. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, markhollin said:

Williamson County: The Factory at Franklin (circa 1939) at 230 Franklin Rd. on the north side of Franklin has been purchased by Holladay Properties for $56 million, and they have plans to to update portions of the 310,000 sq. ft. former stove factory for additional retail/office space.  Centric Architecture has been brought on board to handle the design.

The developers are "looking at this project like creating a little city," which will include plazas, courtyards, alleys, nooks and other places to gather and socialize "or maybe to quietly collect yourself," according to the release.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/the-factory-at-franklin-sells-for-56m/article_388498c2-3ee5-5e72-bf54-fa18e1468b99.html

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 12.33.13 PM.png

Honestly middle Tennessee needs more master planned communities, give us some Norton Commons level stuff here.