Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Dickson County: Dickson City Council approves:

1) Rezoning for new apartment complex (unknown size and units) at Beasely Drive and Dull St.

2) $5 million bid for building of new Fire Station No. 3 at Hwy. 70 East and Ridgecrest Dr. by Bogar Construction.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/dickson/2021/11/09/new-dickson-apartments-possible-after-council-vote-fire-station-bid/6346683001/

• Like 2

BJ's is not a popular as Costco and Sam's Club nor are they nationwide.  They are located in all of the states along the Atlantic coast and they have stores in Michigan and Ohio.  I'm not aware of any stores outside of that area just yet.  The closest one to Nashville would be in the Atlanta market.   They are always trying to promote membership with free 30-day and upwards of 90-days trial membership.  I've done that a couple of times but never joined.   They do seem to carry more brands than Costco in terms of personal care and cleaning products, but their electronics are not as good.  Food wise there's probably not that much of difference,   They do seem to have more clothing if you want to shop the latest fashions offered by a wholesale club... :)

BJ's  stores aren't as large as Costco's and Sam's, so they can seem a bit cluttered.   In terms of aesthetics, let's just say it's a step up from Big Lot's.  And, for some reason the lighting in BJ's seems dingy.  Now, most of the stores in the DMV area where I live  have been around for a long time.  And, from what I understand, most are located in buildings that had a previous life, not built specifically as a BJ's.  So, the one being built in Nashville might be different.  

• Like 1

Dickson County: Over 1,000 new residential units in 9 different single family homes and apartment complexes either underway or about to start in/around Dickson.

1)  Crossings at Buckner (186 multi-family units on 13 acres) at Hwy. 70 and Weaver Drive.

2)  The Park at Beasley (144 unit apartment complex) on Beasely Drive at Cowan Rd.

3) Autumnwood subdivision with 183 homes at Cowan Rd. and Sawmill Rd.

4) Beasely Apts. with 200 units at Beasely Drive and Dull St.

5) Stanley Village Townhomes (66 units) at Gum Branch Rd. and Hwy . 96.

6) Hickory Pointe is adding another 40 homes at Hwy. 48 and Eno Rd.

7) Wyburn Downs is adding another 20 homes at is subdivision. off I-40.

8) Iron Horse subdivision will be 86 homes at West Grab Creek Rd.

9) West Hills will add another 25 homes  near Henslee Park.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/dickson/2021/11/10/dickson-poised-nearly-1-000-new-residential-spaces-months-ahead/6359129001/

• Like 3

On 11/9/2021 at 9:00 AM, PillowTalk4 said:

BJ's is not a popular as Costco and Sam's Club nor are they nationwide.  They are located in all of the states along the Atlantic coast and they have stores in Michigan and Ohio.  I'm not aware of any stores outside of that area just yet.  The closest one to Nashville would be in the Atlanta market.   They are always trying to promote membership with free 30-day and upwards of 90-days trial membership.  I've done that a couple of times but never joined.   They do seem to carry more brands than Costco in terms of personal care and cleaning products, but their electronics are not as good.  Food wise there's probably not that much of difference,   They do seem to have more clothing if you want to shop the latest fashions offered by a wholesale club... :)

BJ's  stores aren't as large as Costco's and Sam's, so they can seem a bit cluttered.   In terms of aesthetics, let's just say it's a step up from Big Lot's.  And, for some reason the lighting in BJ's seems dingy.  Now, most of the stores in the DMV area where I live  have been around for a long time.  And, from what I understand, most are located in buildings that had a previous life, not built specifically as a BJ's.  So, the one being built in Nashville might be different.  

BJ's are all over New England and really over power Costco and even Sam's Club in the region. I remember we went monthly to them for our "bulk shops" and was always fascinated by how much my parents spent haha. They are great for the more rural/suburb communities/counties because it does allow for the bulk shopping. The goal of any major metro should be not to have these stores because they are so car dependent lol

I personally put them on par with Costco and view them as identical entities under different names. Comparing them to Big Lots is embarrassing as Big Lots closest comparison is really dollar general with a bigger footprint haha.

• Like 1

Sumner County:  The proposed $100 million Music City Studios 47 acre campus in Hendersonville will break ground before the turn of the year with 200,000 sq. ft. sound stage space, 500,000 sq. ft. for film/music/broadcast/media production.  They now have a website that includes a video rendering of the site:

https://musiccitystudios.com/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021.11.15 NASH&utm_term=NASHtoday Subscribers - MASTER

• Like 3

Wilson County has several new projects announcements:

1) A new industrial park off Central Pike near I-840 covering 90 acres.

2) Linberry Development is planning a new commercial project on 1.7 acres next to City Hall in Mt. Juliet.

3) Hawthorne at Lebanon will be a264 unit apartment complex on 26 acres on Barton's Creek Rd.  in Lebanon.

4) A 197 home subdivision is planned on 63 acres on West Old LaGaurdo Rd. is being planned for Lebanon.

5) Five Oaks in Lebanon is planning another 139 homes.

6) Al. Neyer is planning 2 new industrial buildings with a combined 411,000 sq. ft. on 38 acres at intersection of Murfreesboro Rd. and Alligood Way. in Lebanon.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/lebanon/2021/11/15/wilson-county-industrial-development-new-park-proposed-new-al-neyer-buildings/6384232001/

• Like 3

Southern Harmony is the result of a partnership between Freehold Communities, the developer of Durham Farms and similar master-planned neighborhoods across the country, and Del Webb, the company that pioneered the active-adult concept nationally.  The community will be in Rutherford County along Highway 96 between Murfreesboro and Franklin.  Southern Harmony will have around 1,100 homes.

From the online Tennessean:  https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2021/11/18/southern-harmony-rutherford-williamson-county-active-adults-neighbohood-freehold-del-webb/8640899002/

• Like 4

Wilson County: Steam Realty is planning 2 industrial buildings that will total over 1 million sq. ft. of space in Lebanon along Central Pike just east of I-840. No tenants have been announced yet.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/lebanon/2021/11/19/dallas-based-stream-realty-add-two-buildings-1-m-square-feet-lebanon/8649451002/

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 7.31.07 AM.png

• Like 2

Wilson County:  JCF Living developers are planning to invest $50 million  on a 219 home, 45 acre subdivision in Lebanon at Hwy. 109 and Franklin Rd. The plan is to have them all finished by fall of 2022.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/11/19/jcf-living-housements-lebanon.html

• Like 1