Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

4 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Williamson County: Franklin will have a new 2 story mixed-use project at 249 Fourth Ave. North w/ 16,000 sq. ft. of office and personal service spaces. 906 Studio Architects will take up the 2nd floor as their new HQ.  It is scheduled to be complete by fall of this year.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/new-mixed-use-building-in-downtown-franklin-set-for-fall-2022/article_40c6894a-4ea6-5775-ae07-586cca2b8826.html

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 12.57.03 PM.png

Glad to see something built there! That end of Downtown Franklin could use some love, and really be something special if the old car lots along 5th Ave redevelop. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

@LuvemtallI have a great place to move PSC metals, it will bring lots of jobs and tourism to the area

Sorry, but that property is currently under construction with a new residential project. So it’s not available, PCS will have to go elsewhere. 
not sure why you would single me out, in such a manner as to seem sarcastic? But I’m assuming it has to do with the chat over on the Titans Stadium page. I’m sorry but your comments, where harsh and I feel unnecessary. To wish bad things upon the Titans or any one , because you don’t see eye to eye with them is just wrong. Yes you have a right to express yourself and I respect that. I’m not out to have a war of words with you or anyone, I enjoy talking and listening to everyone’s thoughts. I know that some folks don’t have any likings to football or the Titans and all this talk of a new stadium really boils their blood. And even if not one cent to build said stadium comes from taxpayers pockets , some will still denounce the whole situation and call it nonsense. But to others , it’s all good , bring it on, let’s go big! And hey we all know , what’s going to be is going to be. We really don’t have a say in this. I’m just hoping that whatever happens, brings some much needed affordable housing and business opportunities to local individuals in these new neighborhoods that are supposed to build up around the stadium area and the East Bank . So hopefully no hard feelings , ( reaching out to shake hands) let’s go Preds!:tw_grin:

• Like 4

Sumner County:  Hendersonville looks to be getting a new Costco (156,000 sq. ft.)  on 42 acres near TriStar Hendersonville Med Center off New Shackle Island and Forest Retreat Roads. There will be 200 employees. 

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/hendersonville/2022/03/11/costco-takes-steps-open-store-hendersonville/9359519002/

• Like 4

Sumner County: Hendersonville's Half Batch Brewing will begin construction of their new 11,000 sq. ft. facility that will include an outdoor beer garden at 154 Bonita Parkway.  Design Constructors is handling design and engineering; Dyer Construction is the contractor. A late 2022 opening is planned. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/work-starts-on-future-home-of-hendersonville-brewery/article_a2ba9c2c-a3b1-11ec-920c-1bd4d075d25e.html

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 3.13.32 PM.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

Sumner County: Hendersonville's Half Batch Brewing will begin construction of their new 11,000 sq. ft. facility that will include an outdoor beer garden at 154 Bonita Parkway.  Design Constructors is handling design and engineering; Dyer Construction is the contractor. A late 2022 opening is planned. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/work-starts-on-future-home-of-hendersonville-brewery/article_a2ba9c2c-a3b1-11ec-920c-1bd4d075d25e.html

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 3.13.32 PM.png

This is back a bit into the second peninsula of Hendersonville, surrounded by residential. I like that aspect, though there’s not much density or walkability anywhere in that town. Breweries are better when you can leave without having to drive.

On 2/19/2008 at 8:04 AM, miami1855 said:

Ironically, Clarksville is in the middle of a re-branding campaign right now. So, "Gateway" may be replaced with a new slogan soon.

For decades Clarksville's leaders "thought small" and were opposed to growth.  Now the growth is there and the city and infrastructure are woefully unprepared and paying the price.  Better late than never I guess.  

James

6 hours ago, opendrawerwhore said:

For decades Clarksville's leaders "thought small" and were opposed to growth.  Now the growth is there and the city and infrastructure are woefully unprepared and paying the price.  Better late than never I guess.  

James

That's what happens when you don't believe in monsters and all of the sudden, they appear in your back yard while your head is buried in the sand. I think this happens to legislators all of the time, they just can't believe the realty that is looking them in the face. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

Is that really the case?  I remember driving through Clarksville in the 80s and seeing a big billboard on I-24, I think placed by the Chamber of Commerce or some other such organization, touting all the growth that Clarksville had been experiencing.  It's been growing quickly for decades.

image.png.7c1356bca56530a10a8840204fa24acf.png

Drive through Clarksville, then spend 2-3 days there.  You'll find that there are not the same attractions, amenities, commercial and civic developments, and infrastructure that are present in similarly sized  cities.  I'll give then props though, that they ARE trying to place Catch-up!  My point is that Clarksville IS a nice place and has it's charm ,but IT could be so much more than what it IS...  The good news is that we/they have better Leaders with forward vision in place Today.

James

Jmes

13 hours ago, opendrawerwhore said:

Very Nice!  Any word on a Convention Center and Hotel? 

My comments from another forum...

The associated retail district and hotel will have the high-powered architectural firm, Cooper-Carry behind the design and the Knoxville firm, Oliver Hospitality providing further design and management for the retail district and Hotel. So, you can see that this will also be first-class.

The district;

1356059127_OliverHotel.thumb.jpg.4aab234ea0dc60b9e7860f488d9f4d1c.jpg

Some architectural details;

1462721705_District1.thumb.jpg.a9348070ea6df2eb9ce43b600bf1f2d1.jpg

The existing hotel presently empty, but to be revitalized. Presumably the brand will be an 'OLIVER'.

11212207_Existinghotel.jpg.156facf099a85fbab72cda826d5f2c34.jpg

Some ancillary development the next block over. Construction is well under way. Includes a roof top bar!!! From CLARKSVILLE NOW;

1966891363_ShelbysTrio.jpg.65a33b170d8ffe108b5c5c1557f4b910.jpg

Clarksville is putting it's big-city breeches on.

The arena will have the amenities vital to support conventions. The need more hotels, though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, MidTenn1 said:

My comments from another forum...

The associated retail district and hotel will have the high-powered architectural firm, Cooper-Carry behind the design and the Knoxville firm, Oliver Hospitality providing further design and management for the retail district and Hotel. So, you can see that this will also be first-class.

The district;

1356059127_OliverHotel.thumb.jpg.4aab234ea0dc60b9e7860f488d9f4d1c.jpg

Some architectural details;

1462721705_District1.thumb.jpg.a9348070ea6df2eb9ce43b600bf1f2d1.jpg

The existing hotel presently empty, but to be revitalized. Presumably the brand will be an 'OLIVER'.

11212207_Existinghotel.jpg.156facf099a85fbab72cda826d5f2c34.jpg

Some ancillary development the next block over. Construction is well under way. Includes a roof top bar!!! From CLARKSVILLE NOW;

1966891363_ShelbysTrio.jpg.65a33b170d8ffe108b5c5c1557f4b910.jpg

Clarksville is putting it's big-city breeches on.

The arena will have the amenities vital to support conventions. The need more hotels, though.

Riverview/Roadway Inn is a "Dump". It hasn't remodeled since it's opening in the '80's.  Needs a rebranding and more room.  I agree with the article, "more hotels will be needed in the area.  Clarksville has a beautiful riverfront.  More needs to be done in that area.  Riverside Drive used to be the main drag in Clarksvegas back in the day!

3 hours ago, opendrawerwhore said:

The Oliver Hospitality website lists this as the Riverview Hotel (coming soon). This is the same company that includes Nashville’s Fairlane Hotel among their holdings.

Edited by donNdonelson2
  • Like 1

Wilson County: The Lebanon City Council approved to rezone and annex about 91 acres on Central Pike near Interstate 840 for a future project expected to lead to more than 1 million square feet of warehouse space. The project is expected to bring 700 to 800 direct jobs generating $43 million in annual wages. It potentially will support 600 more indirect jobs. The project was valued at about $170 million.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/lebanon/2022/03/17/stream-realty-and-prologis-plans-coming-lebanon/7050165001/

• Like 2

Wilson County: Lebanon will have another horsing development of 33 single family homes on 19 acres alongCarver Lane. Carver Crossing is being developed by Mark Vastola, who secured a $1.2 million loan from Citizen's Bank of Lafayette.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/03/15/new-lebanon-housing-development-in-the-works.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=7

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 8.09.30 AM.png

• Like 2

Wilson County: Lebanon has another subdivision announced called The Lynwood (118 single family home son 62 acres between Hartsville Pike and Rome Pike.  Sourceland LLC is the developer, and purchased the land for $2 million earlier this month.  No word on start or end times.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/03/18/proposed-lebanon-development-searches-for-builder.html

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 2.14.25 PM.png

18 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

The Oliver Hospitality website lists this as the Riverview Hotel (coming soon). This is the same company that includes Nashville’s Fairlane Hotel among their holdings.

Per BNA Associates who are developing the site, it will be a Doubletree Hotel.

BNA will be developing a 45,000 sf outdoor retail mall featuring 9 restaurants between the new Doubletree Hotel and 250,000 sf F&M multi purpose event center The Project will open in 2023.

1702971360_ClarksvileRviewdistrictBNAAssociates.thumb.jpg.d9e93c308773eb0623da7cae753ffaaa.jpg

Photo of the existing building from the BNA site.

Doubletree.thumb.jpg.a35e3b58b9a41bc7692e9a29b512da42.jpg

Edited by MidTenn1
  • Like 4

On 3/18/2022 at 9:43 PM, BnaBreaker said:

Might be a little grandiose to call a cluster of a few restaurants and a hotel an "entertainment district" lol... but I still love the development, and it'll take downtown Clarksville to a new level for sure.  

There are other nearby clubs/bars/eateries in historic downtown

• Like 1

Wilson County: Lebanon will see another residential project, South Maple Townhomes (15 two story structures with 97 total units) on 8 acres near Maple St. The developer is Lawrence Properties.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/03/21/lebanon-townhome-development-moving-ahead.html?cx_testId=7&cx_testVariant=cx_23&cx_artPos=0

Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 4.10.17 PM.png