Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Williamson County: Spring Hill's GM Plant rolled out the first Cadillac Lyriq all-electric vehicle off the assembly line today. This is part of the $2 billion investment GM has made in transitioning this plant to all-electric cars, as well as another $2.3 billion for a separate battery plant nearby.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2022/03/21/gm-general-motors-launches-cadillac-lyriq-electric-vehicle-spring-hill-tn/7080578001/

“Lyriq”

Good grief

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

This is my annual whisky check in post. Any news on the Sazerac distillery that was supposed to open in Murfreesboro?  They bought the land back in 2018 and were supposed to open in 2020. I've heard basically nothing since then and assume that is due to Covid but who knows. An older DNJ article is included here for reference.

https://www.dnj.com/story/news/2018/07/06/sazerac-pays-2-3-m-tuesday-build-86-m-distillery-murfreesboro/762952002/

9 minutes ago, glamdring269 said:

This is my annual whisky check in post. Any news on the Sazerac distillery that was supposed to open in Murfreesboro?  They bought the land back in 2018 and were supposed to open in 2020. I've heard basically nothing since then and assume that is due to Covid but who knows. An older DNJ article is included here for reference.

https://www.dnj.com/story/news/2018/07/06/sazerac-pays-2-3-m-tuesday-build-86-m-distillery-murfreesboro/762952002/

I found this from January last year.

Sazerac Tennessee is On The Move | Straight Up 615

Opinion: All I Am Saying Is Give Tennessee Whiskeys A Chance - The Whiskey Wash

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Wilson County: Mt. Juliet's Stonehollow subdivision will see Phase 5 (38 single family homes) built at Golden Bear Gateway and Curd Rd. by White Farms LLC this year
More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/03/22/mt-juliet-neighborhood-gets-a-new-addition.html

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 8.01.57 AM.png

Uninspired site palan.  reminds me of "Little boxes all full of ticky-tack; there's a red one and a blue one...".  I couldn't live in that environment.

• Like 1

Wilson County:  Lebanon's Bates Ford will be moving to a new 52,665-square-foot location at 1780 Franklin Road, just west of South Hartmann Drive in Lebanon.

The project just received $15 million in construction financing from Wilson Bank & Trust, according to Wilson County records.  Construction is being handled by Mt. Juliet-based Agilitas Property Development and is expected to take up to 14 months.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/03/23/lebanon-auto-dealer-getting-a-permanent-home.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=8#cxrecs_s

1.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Williamson County: Franklin's Southall, a 325 acre luxury resort and working farm will be opening in June.  It features  a 62 room inn, 16 cottages, a farm-to-table signature restaurant, 15,000 sq. ft. spa,  15,000 sq. ft. greenhouse, 2,000 tree apple orchard, onsite jammery/apiary (for 4 million bees producing 1,000 pounds o f honey per year), 5 miles of trails, a 7 acre lake, and more.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/03/24/chicago-trader-opens-luxury-resort-and-farm-in.html

Southall, Franklin, March 24, 2022, render 1.png

Southall, Franklin, March 24, 2022, render 2.png

Southall, Franklin, March 24, 2022, render 3.png

Southall, Franklin, March 24, 2022, render 4.png

Southall, Franklin, March 24, 2022, render 5.png

Ah yes, farming just like our sharecropper ancestors did. 

Dickson County: Dickson Surgery Center (2 stories, 100,000 sq. ft.) is being planned by Dickson Medical Associates in Crestview Park on Hwy. 46 South . Cost will be $9 million. 

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/dickson/2022/03/24/new-dickson-surgical-center-planned-dma-campus/7143893001/

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 8.38.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 8.42.21 AM.png

• Like 2

Wilson County: Lebanon has been requested to annex and zone 24 acres for Ridge Estates to be built with 68 high-end homes. The proposed development on Darlene’s Way between the StoneBridge and Deerfield neighborhoods, roughly 1.5 miles east of State Route 109.

Also in Lebanon, Hancock Crossing is the name of the development on about 32 acres near at Coles Ferry Pike and Hartmann Drive, not far from Jones Brummett Elementary School that will feature 77 single-family homes.

More at the Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/lebanon/2022/03/24/lebanon-home-development-ridge-estates-hancock-crossing-chipotle/7097130001/

• Like 1

I hear ya Titanhog!!  I grew up in Omaha and sw Iowa and HyVee was our store! I have fond memories of my parents and Grams buying Hy Vee pan burger partner (their take on Hamburger helper) and other HyVee brands as a kid bc they didn’t  have much money. Of course they have all the higher end brands too. Hy Vee has  been huge in IA/NE/MO/SD for decades.  I remember taking my Dad out to eat in our small Iowa farm town when Mom was sick, and he wanted to eat at HyVee bc it was so good.  In Omaha (the big city) they had much larger stores - working as a Super Value grocery bagger/stocker while at a juco in Creston, IA and later putting myself through Univ of Nebr Omaha as front end mgr at Bakers (now Kroger) this is great news!!  I was wondering where in this big Nashville metropolis those  first 2 stores would go - wouldn’t ya know, the first is going to be in June Lake just abt 7 miles north of our home?! Granted in Omaha we didn’t think of HyVee as upscale even though Fox 17 just billed it that way. It is not a Whole Foods, but customer service was and hopefully  is still king at Hy Vee.  Crazy getting psyched over a grocery store coming to Nashville?  Yes esp since my parents and other relatives I grew up with took me there all the time.  A retirement job waiting for me in abt 4 yrs when I leave corporate life - Y E S!!!! 

Like the old song played on the radio, “Shop HyVee - Where there’s a helpful smile, in every aisle” 

• Like 4

On 3/22/2022 at 7:45 AM, smeagolsfree said:

Thanks. It's too bad the last word we really have are from articles in Jan and Oct 2020. I guess no news of cancelation is still news in some respect.

Wilson County: Lebanon will be the new home of Ultimate Linings LLC which creates bed liners for the automotive industry.  They are committing $31 million to a new facility that will end up employing 50 people in the next 5 years. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/03/29/lebanon-announced-as-new-site-for-chemical-factory.html

• Like 1

Seems as though the ball is in Lebanon’s hands and they keep scoring! There has been quite a few  announcements in the past couple weeks, both commercial and residential. And if the rumors that the Theme Park is to be built here are true, then this city is about to start a new chapter in it identity.

Just found this article on Fox17 about this park in Hendersonville! What gives, there is now a cloud of confusion as to what is happening. Why would the top guy of Wilson County development say on Monday that he believes it’s happening in Lebanon, then this story about it  on Fox17 happening in Hendersonville? 

4F3AED91-69B6-4365-B6DC-B803CE58C90C.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Her tweet actually doesn’t say anything about it going in Hendersonville, just that they were there as a information session. But the way Fox17 is presenting it, makes it sound like that’s its location. Maybe I’m just reading it wrong, not sure. I was just searching around the news outlets for more info , because the NBJ seams to be the only one reporting that its potential location was Lebanon and I’m wondering why such a big development news wasn’t anywhere else. Then I stumbled across this article on Fox17 at the bottom of the page.