Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Re: combined topics

I understand everyone's frustration with the changes, but as dmills pointed out, we needed to consolidate some of the pinned threads, because active non-pinned threads are quickly disappearing to page 2. 

We are, of course, open to suggestions. To explain our line of thinking, the Williamson and Rutherford threads on their own did not have a huge amount of posts (in comparison to a lot of the urban neighborhood threads). And with a Clarksville thread, a Murfreesboro/Rutherford thread, a Wilson/Sumner thread, and a Williamson thread, we thought the best course of action would be to consolidate them into two threads. We moved a couple of other threads, and we might consider shifting some of the urban neighborhood threads around in the future (i.e. I have proposed moving Green Hills/Belle Meade to the West Nashville thread, as that thread does not have a ton of replies on its own).

If this format does not work, we will of course consider separating them in the future. Please know that we do value your input, and we want to make this site as user-friendly as we can. However, we are limited by space, so we cannot please everybody.

Thank you, and please be understanding!

-Kevin

• Like 1

On the topic of consolidating pinned threads to free up screen space, the Gulch and CBD/SoBro threads could be combined.    Both threads are heavily used, but the geographic distinction is becoming less defined.   Just floating the idea.     

I have thought about that as well, and tend to agree about the lack of geographic distinction. 

Honestly, I don't think we really had a problem with any of this before development started booming in so many different areas.

• Like 1

You guys do what you need to do.  I have also told Kevin and Daniel that I am backing away from things like that. It does sound like a good idea. When I first set up the change 3 or so years ago, we were not getting the action like we have now. We have a lot more users and a whole lot more projects. I am still doing the project list and I may put a new one up soon and the way I have that organized in a similar matter. I have the Gulch, CDB, music Row in one group. Another group is the Charlotte corridor with West End. Midtown could go in either.

There are a lot of options, but I will leave it all to Kevin & Daniel.

I am just happy we have the problem we are having right now, because in 2009-2011, we would get excited over new dog houses in Germantown.

• Like 3

I have thought about that as well, and tend to agree about the lack of geographic distinction. 

Honestly, I don't think we really had a problem with any of this before development started booming in so many different areas.

For the purpose of discussion, when a thread gets ten times the number of posts, the slight geographic distinction between one neighborhood vs. another becomes much more important than a county line, IMO. While there may be some crossover between CBD and Gulch, there is a legitimate need to keep such high traffic sectors separate simply to assist in the logical flow of conversation.

• Like 1

For the purpose of discussion, when a thread gets ten times the number of posts, the slight geographic distinction between one neighborhood vs. another becomes much more important than a county line, IMO. While there may be some crossover between CBD and Gulch, there is a legitimate need to keep such high traffic sectors separate simply to assist in the logical flow of conversation.

Because the U-P application software cannot be administered with metadata tags and therefore semantic keywords for assigning posts to thread subjects, there is no method for main forum (e.g. "Nashville") moderators to multi-partition posts based on aggregation of such keyword/phrase cataloging ("controlled vocabulary"), as available in a true digital library application.  These do exist, but not for UrbanPlanet.  Therefore, I agree with Vrtigo that merging might be first considered and then undertaken judiciously and sympathetically (with some mutual concurrence) from feedback.

-==-

• Like 1

Oh look!  Berry Farms next structure is soooo lovely... not.   Then again, better to see "suburban style pieces of cr@p in the suburbs, where they belong."  But seriously, the 1980s called and they want their building back. 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/real-estate/2015/07/23/hampton-inn-offices-planned-berry-farms-franklin/30588017/

635732695842192210-Berry-Farms-Office-Bl

• Like 1

^Frankly, that looks better than a lot of the post-modernist crap being thrown up these days. The lower two floors are classy in the style of many urban buildings of the early to mid 20th century (although I'd prefer it more vertical than horizontal), and if that's brick on the upper 3 floors, even better.

• Like 3

Off Thompson Lane and Robert Rose in Murfreesboro???

It's at Robert Rose Dr and Medical Center Pkwy. 

Here's a map of it...

In other news.. a crane has been installed on the Fountains at Gateway site.... 

Their website has some new renderings I hadnt seen before.... makes the site seem very vibrant...

http://www.fountainsatgateway.com/

Edited by MetroTN
  • Like 1

TDOT really needs to completely overhaul/rebuild the Almaville Road interchange. It is ridiculously congested and always backs up onto the main freeway during the evening commute.

With Sam Ridley maxing out, this is becoming a new hotspot for growth, particularly residential.

• Like 1

TDOT really needs to completely overhaul/rebuild the Almaville Road interchange. It is ridiculously congested and always backs up onto the main freeway during the evening commute.

With Sam Ridley maxing out, this is becoming a new hotspot for growth, particularly residential.

Long gone are the quaint days of Almaville and Lee Victory as a bypass to Hazelwood, Old Nashville, South Lowry and Enon Springs.  I recall the lyrics from that '67 R&B Dance song by the Soul Survivors, "Expressway [to Your Heart]"

"I was thinkin'
   'Bout a shortcut
   I could take
   But it seems like
   I made a mistake"

"There's too many ahead of me
   They're all tryin'
   Get in front of me
   I thought that I could find
   A clear road ahead
   But I found
   Stoplights instead"

-==-

• Like 1

I contacted the GM of Jonathan's Grille today and asked if they had a groundbreaking date set yet. Its supposed to go in at Medical Center Pkwy near the Thorntons.  Unfortunately, she said they dont have a date yet. I am anxious for them to open but looks like I'll be waiting longer. :(

BJ's at the Avenue is now open! Also at the Avenue, Kirklands is expanding and a new shop Fab'rik is opening this fall. "This is a fashion boutique with high style (with heart), no attitude (or sticker shock) and everything is under $100 except designer denim." For more information and updates on store openings, check back at www.theavenuemurfreesboro.com or www.facebook.com - See more at: http://www.theavenuemurfreesboro.com/news-events/#sthash.pRH5Yhny.dpuf

Edited by MetroTN

• 2 weeks later...

In Murfreesboro there seems to be a large tract of land on E Main St being developed. This land is east of Middle TN Blvd. Do any of you know whats going on there? Looks like possibly apartments? 

How far east?

There's this, near the corner:

http://www.murfreesboropost.com/proposed-development-would-feature-3-story-townhomes-by-sam-stockar-post-contributor-an-east-main-street-intersection-revitalized-by-the-boulevard-res-cms-40455

If it's not that, try to remember which street it's near past MT Blvd, and I'll do some more digging. The only other thing I could find was all the way past Rutherford Blvd.

• Like 1

Thanks for helping. Its not those town homes I am pretty sure. This land isnt directly on Middle TN Blvd.  What have you found past Rutherford? Its been a minute since Ive been over there and I may be confusing its location. 

I do know on Rutherford and Main (at the corner) a commercial structure will be built. Its not that. 

I think i have figured it out. Its on Main St and Jupiter St....

Its multi-family and this Zillow ad proves it...

"RARE MULTI-FAMILY ZONING ACROSS FROM MTSU. LARGE HOME CURRENTLY ON LAND. CONCEPT PLAN AVAILABLE FOR 84 UNITS WITH 4 BR EACH UNIT."

Id say it will be student housing considering its across the st from campus.
Edited by MetroTN