Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

• 3 weeks later...

The 1.7 acre site at 7106 Moores Lane is being planned for a hotel after being purchased for $3.8 million by MSM Hotels, an entity involving Nishith Jobalia, who also owns several other Nashville area hotels.  The site currently has a 13,000 sq. ft., 2 story circular-shaped office building on it. No brand or renderings available yet.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/08/08/hotelier-snags-site-near-coolsprings-galleria.html

7106 Moores Lane hotel lot map, Aug 8, 2018.png

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Church Street Park is .27 acre in size, compared to the Brentwood parcel’s 1.7 acre size. Size matters!

Fair. Working out the math there, Downtown land is roughly 14.6mil per acre while the Brentwood land is 2.24mil per acre.

Then again with this math Fifth and Broadway breakdown equals roughly .81mil per acre. If we applied the value of Church Street to 5th and Broadway (totally hypothetical of course) the city could've received roughly 90 million bucks for the land, which many would argument is more prime real estate than than the Church Street lot is. 

Size matters, location matters. Consistency matters. By no means am I seasoned citizen to the city yet, but I can at least understand the push back and the arguments of some that Metro is essentially giving away land.

^

Don't forget the time factor as well. The city began shopping around the idea of redeveloping the 5+B site back in 2013 when land values were much lower.

I know this is tertiary to your point that the city should expect demand market value for their property, but it's at least slightly more sensible with pre-2018 land values.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, volsfanwill said:

wow, when i moved here in 92, that building was actually there, which is not true for most of cool springs.  I lived off of George Patton up the road.  so I drove by it every day.

They should place it on a historical list.  LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, volsfanwill said:

wow, when i moved here in 92, that building was actually there, which is not true for most of cool springs.  I lived off of George Patton up the road.  so I drove by it every day.

I think it's a cosmetology school, if I can remember. I always remember the hideous design of the builing, so I'm glad to see it go.

• Like 2

Two Hampton Inn's coming to Cheatham County. Ashland City is slated for a Hampton Inn hotel (75 rooms, about 1,500 square feet of meeting and conference space, and an indoor heated pool) at 1600 block of Hwy 12, and Pleasant View will also get a new Hampton Inn at 4 floors and 92 rooms.

More behind the paywall at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21017504/notes-exfamily-wash-space-for-lease

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Embrey Partners is teaming with Southstar in a proposal to overhaul a nearly 20 acre site known as Carothers Crossing West that would feature four 5 story apartment buildings with 340 units, 35,000 sq. ft. of retail, 24,000 sq. ft. of office space, a 160 seat restaurant, and a bank branch.  It is located on the SW corner of Carothers Parkway and Liberty Pike, 1/2 mile south of the Ovation project. 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/08/21/texas-franklin-developers-spearhead-cool-springs.html

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 8.23.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 8.32.05 AM.png

Carothers Crossing West, Aug 21, 2018, render 2 .png

• Like 1

Stockbridge Capital Group wants to ad 21,000 sq. ft. of retail/restaurant space on what is today a surface parking lot in the cluster of office structures at 801 Crescent Centre Drive near Cool Springs.  According to plans, the retail buildings and some green space would wrap around a four-story parking garage, situated between the Corporate Centre Five building and Carothers Parkway.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/08/21/first-look-rare-dose-of-retail-eyed-for-corporate.html

801 Crescent Center Dr, Cool Springs, Aug 21, 2018, render 1.png

801 Crescent Center Dr, Cool Springs, Aug 21, 2018, render 2.png

801 Crescent Center Dr, Cool Springs, Aug 21, 2018, render 3.png

801 Crescent Center Dr, Cool Springs, Aug 21, 2018, render 4.png

801 Crescent Center Dr, Cool Springs, Aug 21, 2018, render 5.png

801 Crescent Center Dr, Cool Springs, Aug 21, 2018, render 6.png

• Like 3

122 acre Westfield housing development approved for Gallatin. 

The development will include:

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 3.56.17 PM.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

122 acre Westfield housing development approved for Gallatin. 

The development will include:

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 3.56.17 PM.png

I just drove past this lot yesterday and was wondering if anything was planned for it. I swear that happens all the time, I’ll be thinking “wow what an unused space! I wonder what will go there!” And then lo and behold the next day Mark will announce something :rofl:

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, erdichia said:

Apparently there are two places in Nashville called Green Hills...

It is Green Hill in Wilson County

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:09 AM, samsonh said:

I wanted her to resign because she was a distraction and behaved unethically. But I think you should look at some of you other electoral choices and ask yourself if you are holding them to the same standard. 

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:21 AM, DeemonBruhn said:

At some point doesn’t this corporate welfare need to stop?

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:01 AM, NashvilleObserver said:

AMEN! Which is why, when you vote for state legislature, make sure to vote for individuals who aren't harsh towards Nashville. 

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:16 AM, samsonh said:

Next year's budget will be higher. One lean year and then back to normal. Reappraisals need to be done better next time. It is important to vote in these smaller elections for positions(property assessor) that no one really cares about for this exact reason. 

ty

9 hours ago, markhollin said:

This was needed five years ago.  Wilson County has done a lousy job at keeping pace with its growing school enrollment, so this is a breath of fresh air.  Mt Juliet HS has been overcrowded for at least five years.  This new high school is located almost within spitting distance of Davidson County, so look for even more Davidson County residents to try to sneak their kids into Wilson County schools than usual.  Not that I blame them.  

• Like 1