Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

HCA Healthcare TriStar plans to build new 7 story, 149,000 sq. ft., and 6 story 229,000 sq. ft. office buildings at 2000 Health park Drive in Brentwood. No rendering yet, but diagram supplied.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/health-care/article/21035607/tristar-looks-to-expand-at-brentwood-commons

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 2.54.56 PM.png

• Like 3

16 hours ago, downtownresident said:

Spring Hill wins 25 Million grant from the federal government for the proposed Buckner Road extension and interchange. 

https://www.alexander.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/pressreleases?ID=7FE3E99E-7D6C-42E8-B0BB-408CEF34CDD5

This will create a new interchange roughly halfway between the 840 and Saturn Parkway interchanges on I-65.  It will help support a 775 acre mixed use project with ~3000 homes, 3.9 million sq ft of office,  1.3 million sq ft of retail, and 400 hotel rooms.  

I think this is the poster child of a road project creating induced demand.

Edited by Hey_Hey
  • Like 2

On 12/7/2018 at 1:18 PM, downtownresident said:

Spring Hill wins 25 Million grant from the federal government for the proposed Buckner Road extension and interchange. 

https://www.alexander.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/pressreleases?ID=7FE3E99E-7D6C-42E8-B0BB-408CEF34CDD5

welfare

@smeagolsfree I noticed you've been working hard to expand your development map deep into Williamson County. Thanks!

Comes as no surprise that Williamson Co. is booming more than ever. Franklin is quickly becoming its own urban island.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2018/06/29/construction-under-way-mcewen-northside-development-cool-springs/742605002/

^ Not sure if y'all noticed this in the news this past summer, but one of Cool Springs' longest-stalled projects is (supposedly) getting moving again. I remember in 2007 when that plot was first cleared and the Recession devoured its proliferation. Glad to see it (hopefully) will not just be a bunch of rocks and shrubs. Has anyone in Franklin seen activity on this site?

Another pre-Recession project on McEwen is the Avalon development near the fire station. I'd like to see that completed. It's been vacant for as long as I can remember.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

This will create a new interchange roughly halfway between the 840 and Saturn Parkway interchanges on I-65.  It will help support a 775 acre mixed use project with ~3000 homes, 3.9 million sq ft of office,  1.3 million sq ft of retail, and 400 hotel rooms.  

I think this is the poster child of a road project creating induced demand.

3.9 million sq ft of office space? The towers that could be built downtown...

• Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 12:14 PM, Hey_Hey said:

That too. I was speaking of induced traffic demand. Bigger road/More interchanges  ------>  More development ------> more auto traffic for everyone by inducing demand 

From February 2016 to February 2017, my nephew's commute from Saturn Pkwy and Port Royal Rd to I-65 and Cool Springs Blvd went from 25 minutes to 45 minutes.  If businesses move south from Brentwood / Franklin into Spring Hill, it could reduce some traffic on I-65.

1 hour ago, Mr_Bond said:

From February 2016 to February 2017, my nephew's commute from Saturn Pkwy and Port Royal Rd to I-65 and Cool Springs Blvd went from 25 minutes to 45 minutes.  If businesses move south from Brentwood / Franklin into Spring Hill, it could reduce some traffic on I-65.

If everyone lived in Spring Hill that might be the case, but that’s not reality. The reality is that the offices there would employ people from Murfreesboro, Brentwood, Spring Hill, Nashville, and Bellevue (amongst others) creating more traffic everywhere because the average miles driven increases. Sprawl never improves traffic. It creates more traffic because the same number of people are driving a further distance (on average). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sheesh.  McEwen that runs from the round-a-bout to Wilson Pike needs a serious overhaul before they do this.  I used to live out that way and this is such a large artery of of traffic from Brentwood to Cool Springs.  Maybe get rid of the round-a-bout too since no one around there knows how the hell they work.

• Haha 1

After at least a 10 year wait, the Mack Hatcher extension breaks ground in Franklin.

Length: 3.2 miles

Cost: $46 million

Phase 1: Construction of the inside half of the roadway with one travel lane in each direction; build out intersections at Highway 96 West, Del Rio Pike and Hillsboro Road  

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2018/12/18/franklin-tn-northwest-mack-hatcher-extension-highway-96-hillsboro-road/2347299002/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Additional info on the Huffine Ridge development (see several posts above) along the west side of Carothers Parkway between East McKewen Drive and Liberty Pike will cover 23 acres that will include 426 apartments in several 6 story buildings, a 6 story 170 room high-end hotel, 148,000 sq. ft. of office space in a 7 story structure, and a 6 level parking garage. Cost will be roughly $150 million. The apartments will cost about $100 million to build, in part because of the higher-quality construction (the building will be made of concrete, not wood).

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/12/19/developer-debuts-150m-project-and-marvels-at-areas.html

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 1.27.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 1.27.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 1.27.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 1.27.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 1.37.59 PM.png

• Like 2

I like the fact that the nature center and historic home are being preserved. One thing more that I would hope for is a bit more separation between the large development and the nature area. By that I mean, denser trees and greenery make it feel more with nature rather than nature neighboring a massive development.

• Like 1

Lebanon's Square continues to be revitalized; Town Square Social opened a couple of months ago on the east side of the roundabout.  Work continues next door rehabilitating a former antique space into a brick oven pizzeria with perhaps as many as thirty taps with a wide selection of local beers.

It's nice to see this space revamped with eateries rather than clothing boutiques as is very popular around this town's center.

Hop Springs Beer Park (including an 18 hole golf course) has opened at least a public portion of their massive 83 acre research, education, and production facility east of Murfreesboro at 6790 John Bragg Highway in the last few days.  Eventually it will feature a 60-barrel brewhouse that will be among the largest in the state, plus a dog park, hiking trails with a pond overlook, and a 5,000-seat amphitheater.

More at the Nashville Scene here:

https://www.nashvillescene.com/food-drink/bites/article/21037459/steel-barrel-readies-to-open-murfreesboro-taproom

Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 4.39.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 4.45.11 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2