Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

On 2/3/2019 at 3:27 AM, LA_TN said:

Mallory Green

335999678_DSC_262401.thumb.jpg.7fd1ef041a0d25fa327669502a772d10.jpg

I toured this SPACES location last week (they are part of Regus Offices and I'm a Regus member) and was very impressed.  The amenities and layout are quite good.  There is a stand of trees behind this building which makes a relaxing view out the back.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

I toured this SPACES location last week (they are part of Regus Offices and I'm a Regus member) and was very impressed.  The amenities and layout are quite good.  There is a stand of trees behind this building which makes a relaxing view out the back.

I've watch this site get built.  It really is an impressive building given the vanilla cookie-cutter office buildings in Cool Springs.  I wish the other developers would get more creative.

• Like 1

I didn't think this had a snowball's chance in hell of happening...but it appears the 7,500 seat Graystone Quarry Amphitheater is happening at the 133 acre property near Thompson's Station.  Live Nation Entertainment has signed a deal with the McEachern family, who own the site.

Live Nation also manages concert events for Ascend Amphitheater, Municipal Auditorium, The Woods at Fontanel, and Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival.

I still have my doubts as to the acoustics of a music venue inside of a fifty foot deep quarry with 4 rock walls.  Yikes.  

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/02/07/live-nation-cements-deal-for-williamson-county.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Graystone Quarry Amphitheater, Feb 7, 2019, render 1.png

Graystone Quarry Amphitheater, Feb 7, 2019, render 2.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheRaglander said:

^^ And just down the road on 840 is another massive amphitheater.  This quarry is right down the road from where I live and they make a small fortune on wedding and events.  Will be interesting to see how this one plays out!

Where is this other amphitheater you are speaking of?  Is that what they're building near the intersection of 840 and Henry Horton Hwy (on the north side of 840)?

33 minutes ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Little anecdote, but how many people say "kw-air-e" as opposed to "cory" when referring to a quarry. I've been told I say it wrong but everyone from Lebanon/Cookeville/Crossville that I've met says it in a way that rhymes with "airy." Am I the only one?

hmm, I've not heard it pronounced that way, query where "kw-air-e" came from.       I've always heard it pronounced either KWOR-ee (which is how I say it) or KWAR-ee.        

14 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Is this in any way affiliated with Arrington Vineyards or the TN Renaissance Festival?

Negative.  This is a family who always dreamed of doing this for many years.  Just don’t know how it will be successful.  Speaking of which, it will be a freakin NIGHTMARE to get in and out of the quarry amphitheater.   A few back roads to get in and out.  

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 9:55 PM, TheRaglander said:

Negative.  This is a family who always dreamed of doing this for many years.  Just don’t know how it will be successful.  Speaking of which, it will be a freakin NIGHTMARE to get in and out of the quarry amphitheater.   A few back roads to get in and out.  

They've been working on it forever too. 

On 2/7/2019 at 1:47 PM, markhollin said:

I didn't think this had a snowball's chance in hell of happening...but it appears the 7,500 seat Graystone Quarry Amphitheater is happening at the 133 acre property near Thompson's Station.  Live Nation Entertainment has signed a deal with the McEachern family, who own the site.

Live Nation also manages concert events for Ascend Amphitheater, Municipal Auditorium, The Woods at Fontanel, and Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival.

I still have my doubts as to the acoustics of a music venue inside of a fifty foot deep quarry with 4 rock walls.  Yikes.  

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/02/07/live-nation-cements-deal-for-williamson-county.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Graystone Quarry Amphitheater, Feb 7, 2019, render 1.png

Graystone Quarry Amphitheater, Feb 7, 2019, render 2.png

Red Rocks East anyone??

Live Nation is going to plan a full schedule of concerts at Graystone Quarry Amphitheater starting in the summer of 2020.  Confirm that capacity will be 7,500.  Their theory is there are plenty of people in the southern portion of the metro that are not willing to drive downtown for large scale entertainment.

One thing is for sure---there is not very good access to the site from existing roads in the area, even though it is very close to the junction of I-65 and I-840.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/02/12/why-live-nation-wanted-this-williamson-county-pit.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Another rendering:

Graystone Quarry Amphitheater, Feb 7, 2019, render 3.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the amphitheater site highlighted in yellow at the center of the frame:

Graystone Quarry Amphitheater, Feb 7, 2019, site map.png

• Thanks 1