Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

State Farm is closing their operations campus on the north side of Murfreesboro. However, employees are NOT being laid off but will permanently work from home.  This will likely be a running theme for the coming time period for a lot of businesses. 

https://www.dnj.com/story/news/2020/11/10/state-farm-murfreesboro-tn-close-doors-coronavirus/6242171002/

Edited by NashRugger
  • Like 2

An element to the Montgomery County Multi-Purpose Event Center (6,000 seats, 2 sheets of ice) that I didn't realize is that the Predators will be managing the facility....which means they will book all the concerts, family shows, sporting events, etc. into the arena, as well as the practice ice hall.  I believe they are also seeking corporate naming rights to help with costs.  

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/11/13/predators-montgomery-country-multipurpose-center.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

• Like 4

On 11/12/2020 at 5:26 PM, markhollin said:

Groundbreaking at Montgomery County Multi-Purpose Event Center today in Clarksville.  Looks like a fair amount of excavation is already underway.

https://www.facebook.com/justinbbradford/videos/842498390783

There is more about that from Clarksville On-Line and a (long) YouTube  video of the groundbreaking for the facility with Chris Mason, Pete Weber, Willie Daunic, and others. So the Preds ownership (and Bridgestone Management team) are all in on this.

1724972742_MCMECAPSU.thumb.jpg.9e2b2e9fa76ce13cf0127054af25f63d.jpg

Daunic

Daunic.jpg.c51893feefb496df02fc7ea597611171.jpg

Pete Chris

1531333055_MasonWeber.jpg.122802e14a7a8275be731e1ea6ac9577.jpg

Smashville to Stashe-ville . Get it?  Yes, that's a thing!

547262935_Stacheville.jpg.b55f8967de6167d20b91ac553673351a.jpg

Edited by PHofKS
  • Like 3

Northtown Gardens will be a 28.3 acre residential development featuring 360 units in 12 apartment buildings along Nonaville Rd. near W.A. Wright Elementary School.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/mt-juliet/2020/11/17/work-360-apartment-units-mt-juliet-starts-bring-nonaville-road-upgrades/6281072002/

Tollgate Village (3 stories, 9 units of live-work  mixed-use) is being built by Regent Homes in Thompson Station:

Tollgate Village, Nov 20, 2020, 1.png

Harvest Point (2 & 3 stories, 7 units of live-work  mixed-use) is being built by Regent Homes in Spring Hill:Harvest Point, Nov 20, 2020, render.png

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/homes/2020/11/20/live-work-townhomes-catching-on-city-suburbs/3773996001/

• Like 4

It appears Rutherford County is kinda taking a different approach to 840 than Wilson.  Wilson is loading up on huge warehouses...while it seems Rutherford is a little more housing developments near 840.  Gotta figure the Jefferson Pike and Sulphur Springs exits will eventually improve and include some kind of retail and maybe warehouses.

• Like 2

Lots of projects in the White House area:

Highland Park will be a six buildings with 240 apts. and twenty buildings with 90 townhomes on 26 acres developed by Land Solutions Company on Hwy 76 in White House. Construction should get underway in mid-2021.

Dorris Farm at Willow Springs: More than 450 single-family homes on around 145 acres off the east and west sides of Tyree Springs, being developed by Goodall Homes and Safe Harbor Development.

Willow Grove: Approved for 89 single-family homes on about 30 acres at Tyree Springs and South Palmers Chapel roads, near the Goodall Homes and Safe Harbor project.

The Reserve at Palmers Crossing: A single-family development for 115 homes.

The Parks: More than 700 single-family homes are being built off Pinson Road near White House Heritage High School.

Twin Springs: A 279-unit multi-family complex off Highway 31W with one- and two-bedroom flats and two- and three-bedroom townhouses.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/2020/11/25/white-house-approves-highland-park-plan-330-apartments-and-townhomes/6326615002/

• Like 2

Here's a question, why haven't now towers been built in Murfreesboro? The county has a larger population now than the county Lexington KY is in and Lexington has a skyline similar to Knoxville's. I used to live there, and I hated the way the city is laid out, it causes traffic problems similar to Los Angeles in a small city. But that's not the point, the point is, why does Murfreesboro get overlooked so much when it comes to towers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NissanvilleTitans said:

Here's a question, why haven't now towers been built in Murfreesboro? The county has a larger population now than the county Lexington KY is in and Lexington has a skyline similar to Knoxville's. I used to live there, and I hated the way the city is laid out, it causes traffic problems similar to Los Angeles in a small city. But that's not the point, the point is, why does Murfreesboro get overlooked so much when it comes to towers?

A couple of reasons, I think.  With Nashville and Cool Springs already available for high-rises, I think it’s a matter of choice on most developer’s parts.  Davidson and Williamson offer more higher-end living (homes, especially)…and both have had decades of development along the interstates.  Murfreesboro has just started higher-end retail and development along the interstates in the last 10 years or so.  Maybe eventually developers will choose them…but with Nashville and Cool Spring (being twice as close to Nashville as Mboro)…I think it will still be awhile.

• Like 3