Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Gutterglove out of California will invest $5.4 million to build a new manufacturing/distribution center in LaVergne in Rutherford County that will bring 85 new jobs over the next 5 years. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/economic-development/article/21144793/gutter-maker-to-create-85-jobs-in-la-vergne

• Like 2

A large mixed-use development to be located on Buckner Lane in Spring Hill will be called June Lake.

The 775-acre property was formerly referred to as both 2660 Buckner Lane and Alexander Farms. The development will include buildings with a collective 2,900 residential units, 3.9 million square feet of Class A office space, nearly 1.3 million square feet of retail and restaurant space, and 400 hotel rooms.

The first phase will begin next spring with the realignment of a part of Buckner Lane. The interchange and the connection from Buckner to Lewisburg Pike is scheduled to be completed by September 2023.

Nashville-based commercial real estate firm Southeast Venture is assisting the Alexander family in developing the property.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21144906/start-prepped-for-mixeduse-gulch-tower

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, markhollin said:

A large mixed-use development to be located on Buckner Lane in Spring Hill will be called June Lake.

The 775-acre property was formerly referred to as both 2660 Buckner Lane and Alexander Farms. The development will include buildings with a collective 2,900 residential units, 3.9 million square feet of Class A office space, nearly 1.3 million square feet of retail and restaurant space, and 400 hotel rooms.

The first phase will begin next spring with the realignment of a part of Buckner Lane. The interchange and the connection from Buckner to Lewisburg Pike is scheduled to be completed by September 2023.

Nashville-based commercial real estate firm Southeast Venture is assisting the Alexander family in developing the property.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21144906/start-prepped-for-mixeduse-gulch-tower

Whew, 1.3 million square feet of retail space is A LOT, especially in this economy.  I know that interchange is sorely needed to alleviate congestion on 31.  It will also open up the area East of I-65 to tons of residential development. I'm very curious to see what Spring Hill/Southern Williamson County looks like in the next 10-15 years.

• Like 3

2660 Buckner Lane is actually a Thompson's Station address, so yes this is all within Williamson County.  At any rate, it will be years before this is fully built out.  1.3 million square feet of retail is larger than CoolSprings Galleria which is 1.14 million square feet.  It's unreal how much growth is taking place in Williamson County.

image.png.6614037a1d004dfc50c2060a2c577ced.png

Edited by jmtunafish

7 minutes ago, jmtunafish said:

2660 Buckner Lane is actually a Thompson's Station address, so yes this is all within Williamson County.  At any rate, it will be years before this is fully built out.  1.3 million square feet of retail is larger than CoolSprings Galleria which is 1.14 million square feet.  It's unreal how much growth is taking place in Williamson County.

image.png.6614037a1d004dfc50c2060a2c577ced.png

I lived off of Buckner Road as a child, and the prospect of a Buckner Road interchange and Buckner Lane being 5 lanes is just wild to me. 

• Like 1

After a dozens of resident comments and hours-long input, a proposed sports complex will not go on Long Lane. 

Franklin Municipal Planning Commissioners voted down the project unanimously with six commissioners present. Two were absent, and one abstained. 

Envision Franklin has the acreage designated as single family residential, which it will remain with the amendment voted down. Developers want to change that to recreation. As defined in Envision Franklin, land with that definition is to have significant space for active and passive opportunities. 

More at TheTennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2020/12/11/long-lane-sports-complex-franklin-tn/3894275001/

• Like 2

44 acre mixed-use development behind Port Royal Kroger isn Spring Hill failsPlanning Commission vote over infrastructure concerns.

Submitted by WES Engineers & Surveyors, the project includes 516 apartment units spread across 29 acres, with with the remaining 15 acres comprising of grocery, retail and office space. Of those remaining 15 acres, 3.5 will be dedicated to the city of Spring Hill for a new police department.

https://www.williamsonhomepage.com/spring_hill/vote-to-recommend-new-44-acre-project-behind-port-royal-kroger-fails-over-infrastructure-concerns/article_a5bdaf52-3e7e-11eb-b346-b76ffafc8d20.html

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 9.51.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 9.51.49 AM.png

2 hours ago, bigeasy said:

Are we approaching the possibility of Cool Springs getting a high rise? Will that ever happen with downtown Nashville so close? I am sure there are many different definitions of what classifies a building as as "high-rise", but I was thinking something 15+ floors or over 200ft.

They have a height limit because of the surrounding hills (don’t want to obstruct the views of the hills)…so I doubt anyone will build taller than what’s already built there.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

I drove by there the other day and there is nothing done to this property yet.

I think  Smeagols was referring to the north side where there have been 2 buildings for a few years. You are correct in that nothing has been done south of McEwen

Edited by bigeasy