Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Just now, Luvemtall said:

By the way, wonder if this NASCAR thing really takes hold and this vision they have with multiple events. How long do you all think , until we start to see other developments at that exit.  Hotels, restaurants, retail...etc. 30,000 + attendance will need services.

The Nashville area is an ideal market for NASCAR, although that particular location is awful. I understand the need to have a speedway away from residential, but all around it is miles of nothing. As traffic on I-840 grows, let's hope that retail/restaurant/hotel build-up will follow.

1 minute ago, Jamie Hall said:

The Nashville area is an ideal market for NASCAR, although that particular location is awful. I understand the need to have a speedway away from residential, but all around it is miles of nothing. As traffic on I-840 grows, let's hope that retail/restaurant/hotel build-up will follow.

Yeah…I don’t think a single exit on I-840 has added new hotels, gas stations, retail, etc…has it?

1 minute ago, titanhog said:

Yeah…I don’t think a single exit on I-840 has added new hotels, gas stations, retail, etc…has it?

The first exit that's going to do that is Veterans Pkwy in western Murfreesboro/Blackman. I can see Stewart's Ferry pike (Gladeville) get built up, as well as Almaville Road southwest of Smyrna. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, titanhog said:

In Williamson County on 840/41A exit they have added a new gas station.  This is also where the "new" amphitheater is located.  I also believe a new WillCo school is being planned around here somewhere.  But most of the commercial/residential has been sprawling from the I-24 area.    From what I understand, the Veterans Pkwy exit (Rutherford County) will be a larger growth exit.  A Publix is coming not far from those Annandale apartments.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

Well…after doing a little research, it looks like they’re getting ready to widen West Jefferson Pike (from I-840 into Smyrna) to 4 lanes…and Smyrna Ready Mix is building a 5 story headquarters right along I-840.  They own a lot of land on both sides of the exit and will help make it an eastern gateway into Smyrna, with their HQ along with trying to pull in other businesses, retail, homes, etc.  So…it looks like that exit is about to boom.

A mixed-use development that's anchored by a multi-story HQ for a construction materials vendor and a rock quarry is peak "it" city. There's nowhere to go but down from here.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

A mixed-use development that's anchored by a multi-story HQ for a construction materials vendor and a rock quarry is peak "it" city. There's nowhere to go but down from here.

An old Wynona tune put it like this...”when you hit rock bottom you’ve got two ways to go, straight up or sideways.” (Gee, I hope it ain’t sideways from here!)

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

When I say that exit is about to “boom”…I mean, it’s literally going to blow up…3-4 times daily. :tw_lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

You mean random mixed-use developments placed in the woods isn't just a Cool Springs or Thompson's Station thing?!

On 1/20/2021 at 4:39 PM, titanhog said:

A Loves truck stop with Hardees, Petros and Godfather's Pizza just opened at the Couchville Pike exit (67 in Wilson County).  Also, again in Wilson County, the huge Rooms To Go Warehouse with retail outlet is accessible from Exit 67.

On 1/21/2021 at 9:05 AM, TheRaglander said:

From what I understand, the Veterans Pkwy exit (Rutherford County) will be a larger growth exit.  A Publix is coming not far from those Annandale apartments.

Makes sense, as Kroger is there...just down from the exit at Veterans and 96.

23 hours ago, titanhog said:

Well…after doing a little research, it looks like they’re getting ready to widen West Jefferson Pike (from I-840 into Smyrna) to 4 lanes…and Smyrna Ready Mix is building a 5 story headquarters right along I-840.  They own a lot of land on both sides of the exit and will help make it an eastern gateway into Smyrna, with their HQ along with trying to pull in other businesses, retail, homes, etc.  So…it looks like that exit is about to boom.

https://www.dnj.com/story/news/2021/01/22/smyrna-jefferson-pike-widening-tennessee-road-projects/4238687001/?fbclid=IwAR16CYSSJMsNuPVfdXNk4yUgpnk-GHXc0dq6Z2aw6LdNDVJOH6gy86Sbtf4

I've been wondering what that building is set to become; Jefferson Pike at four lanes....wow!  Thanks.

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 2

On 1/20/2021 at 4:39 PM, titanhog said:

Most of I-840 through Williamson County is zoned for Rural Preservation. The cities of Thompson's Station and Fairview have their own requirements and the unincorporated community  of Triune recently was given TCA (Triune Character Area ((whatever that means)) zoning). So that, I guess explains the lack of Interchange development in Williamson County.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

Most of I-840 through Williamson County is zoned for Rural Preservation. The cities of Thompson's Station and Fairview have their own requirements and the unincorporated community  of Triune recently was given TCA (Triune Character Area ((whatever that means)) zoning). So that, I guess explains the lack of Interchange development in Williamson County.

That section of Williamson County has a lot of hills and would be harder to develop anyways. I could see the Thompson’s Station exits building up, and the Triune/Arrington exit building up, but the rest of 840 staying pretty rural throughout Williamson Co. 

Windtree Pines (373 single family hones and 50 townhomes) is being proposed on the site of the former  Windtree Golf Course in Mt. Juliet.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/mt-juliet/2021/01/25/423-homes-latest-plan-mt-juliets-closed-windtree-golf-course/6699844002/

• Like 3

GM announces that they plan to eliminate manufacture of all gas vehicles by 2040.  This puts even more emphasis on their $2 billion retooling of the Spring Hill plant into all-electric vehicles.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2021/01/29/general-motors-aims-eliminate-gas-vehicles-2040-spring-hill/4295316001/

• Like 4
  • Confused 1