Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

The new City Hall/Community Center at White House (3 stories, 26,000 sq. ft.) is underway, and should be open by the end of October.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/2021/02/19/white-house-building-new-city-hall-and-community-center-billy-hobbs-name/4397121001/

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 7.55.06 AM.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Stephens Valley is a 980 acre subdivision off Sneed Rd. near Pasqua Rd.  These are shots from the recently completed Phase I.

Stephens Valley, Jan 31, 2021, 4.jpeg

Is this house on the corner a house they kept in their development?  Surely that’s not new construction…right?  If that’s a home they kept, I appreciate the fact they didn’t tear it down.  Actually adds character to the neighborhood.

2 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Is this house on the corner a house they kept in their development?  Surely that’s not new construction…right?  If that’s a home they kept, I appreciate the fact they didn’t tear it down.  Actually adds character to the neighborhood.

I believe it is new...which makes it incredibly cool.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2021 at 4:36 PM, Jamie Hall said:

The Nashville area is an ideal market for NASCAR, although that particular location is awful. I understand the need to have a speedway away from residential, but all around it is miles of nothing. As traffic on I-840 grows, let's hope that retail/restaurant/hotel build-up will follow.

I often think about this and I’m reminded that Circuit of the Americas in Austin is wildly successful and reside outside the city. Maybe it can be a model for how to go forward with the revitalization of the track? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tenn2Tex said:

I often think about this and I’m reminded that Circuit of the Americas in Austin is wildly successful and reside outside the city. Maybe it can be a model for how to go forward with the revitalization of the track? 

What I’m scratching my head over is the fact that we have the historic half-mile oval just a few miles from downtown at the Fairgrounds (oldest continually running track in America)…and we have the Superspeedway about 15-20 miles east / southeast of Nashville.  The Fairgrounds track hosted NASCAR until 1984 and we let it slip away.  Ever since, Nashville has been trying to get a NASCAR race here…and Dover Motorsports even built the Superspeedway thinking it would happen (about 10-15 years ago)…to no avail.

Now…Dover has given up one of its races to now be run in Nashville at the Superspeedway for the next few years (and maybe beyond?)…while Bristol’s ownership is wanting to upgrade the Fairgrounds track with thoughts of having a top level NASCAR race there.

I just wonder who is going to win out in the end.  Will NASCAR end up allowing two races here every year…one at the Fairgrounds and one at the Superspeedway?