Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Landmark Recovery, and addiction treatment company, is relocating is HQ from Arizona to Franklin (720 Cool Springs Blvd.), and will create 350 new jobs within the next 5 years.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/franklin/2021/05/05/landmark-recovery-relocate-headquarters-arizona-tennessee/4955434001/

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

Unfortunately the obligation is part of the Metro Charter, thanks to the Save our Fairgrounds folks.

Well just change the Charter-wasn't SOF trying to keep the soccer stadium from being built because they thought it would impact the Flea Market?

Edited by bnacincy

12 hours ago, downtownresident said:

Unfortunately the obligation is part of the Metro Charter, thanks to the Save our Fairgrounds folks.

12 hours ago, bnacincy said:

Well just change the Charter-wasn't SOF trying to keep the soccer stadium from being built because they thought it would impact the Flea Market?

It might be good at this point to take a step back and consider the purpose of a fair and its role in a metropolitan government. There's still a not-insignificant amount of agricultural activity that goes on in Metro. (Plus at some point those hipsters with backyard chickens are going to want to take their game to the next level.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

in the article about the parent company of K Love moving to Franklin was this:

""The constraint is even tighter in Williamson County: Active inventory, which is property not yet under contract, has plummeted to just 29% of all inventory, according to Williamson County Association of Realtors. The average purchase price in April spiked to $875,997; the median rose to $685,000.""

WOW I knew Williamson County was nice and more expensive than other areas of the metro but that is stunning if that is correct median price of $685,000! 

• Like 2

Right!  The boom may well price most out of living in Williamson.  Could be good or Davidson, Rutherford, even Wilson and Sumner.  Saw a little of this effect back in the 1980s in Cobb County.  The growth simply went up GA400 to North Fulton and Gwinnett... even to Clayton. 

Regarding the frenetic pace of house sales in the MSA,  we won't know the true change in the Census for several years, and may never know it without a special census in the various counties around 2023.   It's clear that Nashville is booming beyond their ability to get a handle on it.  If they're lucky, they'll get some control before new (and prospective) arrivals get frustrated, and the boom moves elsewhere.  I'm from Atlanta. I've seen how a boomtown can get behind the curve, but Atlanta for forty years has never been as far behind the 8 ball as Nashville already is.  I never saw house prices go as wildly high as we're seeing in Nashville. I get that the 'old guard' of Nashville are ambivalent about the newcomers, but it's not as simple as turning down the spigot to a 'manageable' flow.  Atlanta may have had it more difficult when it came to the City vs. State (aka Rural) legislators*, but with a few exceptions (by the 1980s) the surburban legislators were rarely divided on what's best for the WHOLE METRO area.  Nashville does not have that. And your expressways... well, ok... 'nuff said. 

* We had an old Southern Democrat "foghorn leghorn" of a Speaker of the House for decades.  He ruled with an iron gavel, but he wasn't stupid enough to shoot the goose (Atlanta) that laid the gold.  He knew an All Star game or Super Bowl or Olympics meant a nice highway to Bremen, GA.  He knew Hartsfield was the engine that made all those backwater towns a lot closer to international markets.  

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

in the article about the parent company of K Love moving to Franklin was this:

""The constraint is even tighter in Williamson County: Active inventory, which is property not yet under contract, has plummeted to just 29% of all inventory, according to Williamson County Association of Realtors. The average purchase price in April spiked to $875,997; the median rose to $685,000.""

WOW I knew Williamson County was nice and more expensive than other areas of the metro but that is stunning if that is correct median price of $685,000! 

^^yep

Here’s a few items from today's Outlook Williamson:

20210512_094327.thumb.jpg.eedf91f3e49be57c0e91436cd05e805a.jpg

20210512_094335.thumb.jpg.8ce36cdb0155e3d1ef9f2e31deb7a268.jpg

Williamson Inc. responded to 12 "requests for info" in Q1 vs 13 for ALL of 2020 and 17 for 2019

Companies look for 3 things: attainable housing, transportation, and education. It is noted that Williamson County is having issues with the first 2 items. Traffic and infrastructure is obviously an issue, but affordability of housing is huge. The schools are the easiest selling point for the area

While HQ relocations make the national headlines, existing companies' expansions with regional hubs here in Middle TN bring more job growth

Businesses are concerned about about rising costs and there are concerns about the future of the economy, but prospects of inflation is the biggest concern. It's not time to panic, but it is time to be vigilant

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LA_TN said:

That is the Royal Canin plant in Lebanon. Mars bought it (from Nutro) and they are expanding to double capacity. Very interesting to see those tower cranes there (has only been one for the past year). The second crane has been up for a few months now

Very interesting indeed! Kinda sad that the tallest building in Lebanon is a dog food plant..haha . Also interesting is the amount of traffic that I-40 carries though Lebanon, I drive it almost every day as I live east of 231 near Watertown, and it’s pretty much on the heavier side most of the day. TDOT really needs to extend the widening of this interstate at least to Cookeville, I’m not always a fan of adding more lanes but in this case it’s probably necessary. The commercial trucks that use this interstate is only going to increase , as one huge distribution center after another gets built in this area. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

Also interesting is the amount of traffic that I-40 carries though Lebanon, I drive it almost every day as I live east of 231 near Watertown, and it’s pretty much on the heavier side most of the day. TDOT really needs to extend the widening of this interstate at least to Cookeville, I’m not always a fan of adding more lanes but in this case it’s probably necessary. The commercial trucks that use this interstate is only going to increase , as one huge distribution center after another gets built in this area. 

It's only getting worse, as a frequent driver from Cookeville to Lebanon and back, the roads have also deteriorated badly from Smith County east.  TDOT has paved in spots near the Gordonsville exit, 258, over the last few weeks, but it's still rough in many places.

TDOT recently studied adding a truck lane up Buffalo Valley from 268 to 273 MM, while also studying adding a truck lane up the mountain from Cookeville to Monterey.  Also considered is a third lane through Cookeville, but who knows when any of this or even if it will come to pass.

40 East from Lebanon on isn't Nashville congestion, but it is definitely more thick than a decade ago with more and more traffic incidents...seemingly weekly now....sometimes daily.

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, tragenvol said:

It's only getting worse, as a frequent driver from Cookeville to Lebanon and back, the roads have also deteriorated badly from Smith County east.  TDOT has some pacing done in spots near the Gordonsville exit, 258, over the last few weeks, but it's still rough in many places.

TDOT recently studied adding a truck lane up Buffalo Valley from 268 to 273 MM, while also studying adding a truck lane up the mountain from Cookeville to Monterey.  Also considered is a third lane through Cookeville, but who knows when any of this or even if it will come to pass.

40 East from Lebanon on isn't Nashville congestion, but it is definitely more thick than a decade ago with more and more traffic incidents...seemingly weekly now....sometimes daily.

Traffic between Lebanon and Gordonsville has definitely increased in the 8 years I've been over here.  I bet the traffic drops in half once I'm past Gordonsville coming back home at the end of the day.  At any rate, once I-40 is widened to Hartmann Drive, I hope TDOT will then widen it all the way to Hwy 70/Watertown exit, particularly now that the state fair will be over there.  I doubt I'll still be alive to see I-40 widened all the way to Cookeville, but it's needed.

Edited by jmtunafish
  • Like 2

There are plans in Lebanon’s long range infrastructure plan to add a new interchange East of the highway 70/Watertown exit , and connect it to a eastern leg of Hartmann drive and Payton rd. To allow for East side development and to gain access to the back side of the fairgrounds. I’m wondering if that now the State Fair will be held here, the State will help to speed that up. And if so, that would be the logical time to widen the interstate at least to the Smith County line. I also heard rumors ( and only rumors) that the reason TDOT stopped the current widening project at South Hartmann Dr , is because they are now studying the possibility of a tunnel on I-40 so that the Lebanon airport can extend the runway for corporate jets.  That came from some folks I know who fly out of that airport. Anyone can correct me if I’m not correct on any of this, just relaying what I’ve heard.

• Like 1