Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

12 hours ago, MagicPotato said:

Only if TDOT connected 840 upwards to either Gallatin or at the most I65N, it would have help spur some development in those areas. Also, building 840 upwards to I65N or Gallatin could have created more development near the Music Star.  

I get what you're saying, but I840 is connected to Gallatin via  Hwy 109 at the Central Pike interchange Exit 72.  109 is finally being widened from Gallatin to Wilson County.  109 does connect I40, I840 and I65 east of Nashville, just not as an interstate corridor.  But, Gallatin and now Lebanon seem to be developing at breakneck speed regardless of that spur that could have been.

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 2

On 5/21/2021 at 2:49 PM, glamdring269 said:

I'm really annoyed about the 'proposed park' being converted into a business park. This land is really close to my house. Will be really interesting to see which builders get associated with this project because we certainly have a lot of folks with conflicts of interest in our Murfreesboro public offices at the moment (and have for awhile now that I think about it).

I am too. I was really looking forward to that park. Barfield is about the same distance from me, but it gets so crowded, it would be nice to have another option close by. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tragenvol said:

I get what you're saying, but I840 is connected to Gallatin via  Hwy 109 at the Central Pike interchange Exit 72.  109 is finally being widened from Gallatin to Wilson County.  109 does connect I40, I840 and I65 east of Nashville, just not as an interstate corridor.  But, Gallatin and now Lebanon seem to be developing at breakneck speed regardless of that spur that could have been.

Yeah, that's true. But the connection isn't continuous compared to 840 or an interstate type of corridor. 109 has this awkward intersection inbetween Sweetwater Ave and Airport road.  Then 109 has another awkward branch off onto 25. A continuous interstate system by expanding 840 would have been more efficient. 

Edited by MagicPotato
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

I was wondering how they were going to do parking for a venue that large.  I hope they solicit the help from WillCo Sheriff Department for traffic control because most of this is rural and has one entry point to I-840.  

I'm guessing the Hwy 431 exit on 840 is the nearest exit?  You can also use the Peytonsville Rd exit, I guess…but it’s a bit further down 840…but if you’re coming from Mboro…may be the best “back-way"

• Like 1

Nobel Park Townhomes (3 stories? 36 units) at 210 Cole's Ferry Rd. have started in Gallatin by developers Jody Roberts and Brent Smith. Wold/HFR Design is in charge of architecture. No rendering available. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/notes-progress-continues-on-music-row-hotel-project/article_44ec1fa4-bf1d-11eb-ac91-cbf778897f14.html

YMCA's 15+ acre Maryland Farms location will be sold to Highwoods Properties, who will take over the land in 2 years once the expansion of the Y's other Brentwood location on Concord Road is complete.  No word on the price, or what Highwoods' plans are.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/ymca-to-sell-maryland-farms-property-in-23/article_b79e970a-f9e2-59e5-8ab5-ecf3d007f602.html

• Like 2

7 hours ago, markhollin said:

YMCA's 15+ acre Maryland Farms location will be sold to Highwoods Properties, who will take over the land in 2 years once the expansion of the Y's other Brentwood location on Concord Road is complete.  No word on the price, or what Highwoods' plans are.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/ymca-to-sell-maryland-farms-property-in-23/article_b79e970a-f9e2-59e5-8ab5-ecf3d007f602.html

No magic 8 ball was needed for this

Advanex Americas will relocate its HQ from Southern California to White House in Robertson county, bringing 102 new jobs. They will invest $17 million into a building at 514 Hester Drive.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/manufacturing/tokyo-company-to-create-100-jobs-in-white-house/article_036402de-c86b-11eb-8802-6f2c8a5ac587.html

• Like 4

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

McEwen Northside update:

McKewen Northside, June 9, 2021.png

This truly is a unique development for Cool Springs.  There is a lot more land before this finishes out but so far it's great.  I wish they could rip down the other crappy buildings in Cool Springs east of 65 and do it like this.  

• Like 4