Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

58 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

They have been working on this QT for a couple months now. The fuel canopy in front is almost done and the convenience store is almost at a "dry-in" stage. Next time I'm in the area I will try to grab a couple photos

Let me know the exit number as I will be stopping there in Sept hopefully open by then.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Let me know the exit number as I will be stopping there in Sept hopefully open by then.

You'll be on I40 and not I65, right?  Exit 239 Watertown.  Take a left onto HWY 70...you can't miss the sign from the interstate.  Imminently opening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• dmillsphoto changed the title to Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson
On 7/7/2021 at 6:51 PM, Sean blackdog said:

Today this evening from News Channel 5. 
Red tower crane is up in Gallatin. What is for?  Did I miss something? :dontknow:

E4DF2D5D-2519-4CE3-BE1B-E29C1EEF6447.jpeg

My guess is they are about to build a parking garage with office or store fronts facing the street. Just my guess when I drove by last week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is actually all of the surrounding counties. Just consider it an oversight. It is just easier to have all of the counties that ring Nashville  and that are growing in MD TN included in one thread. This also includes Montgomery, Maury, and Putnam too. Daniel did this on the fly last Night and no one was intentionally left out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• smeagolsfree changed the title to Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson

A new Dickson County Farmer's Market will move onto the site of an empty medical clinic building at 222 Church Street in Dickson.  It will feature 27 covered bays for market vendors, as well as restrooms, and some parking. 

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/dickson/2021/07/12/downtown-dickson-farmers-market-facility-okd-commission/7902411002/

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Surprised no one decided to run that press release...Oh Well!

That's because this is old news.  It was announced at the end of 2018 and was discussed in the Cookeville thread.  Covid delayed everything, but groundbreaking should be next month sometime.

https://businessfacilities.com/2018/12/portobello-america-chooses-baxter-tennessee-us-production-facility/

https://newstalk941.com/portobello-america-aiming-for-august-ground-breaking-in-baxter/

• Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Portobello America (coating solutions) will build a 890,000 sq. ft. plant in Baxter, TN (Putnam County--to the east) that will create 220 jobs and $100 million in annual revenue.

Cool, thanks and its hard for the local media here to cover Cookeville.

• Like 1

The Enclave at Providence Apartments (3 stories, 296 units) is underway at I-40/Central Pike interchange in Mt. Juliet (Wilson County). It is being developed by Cumberland Advisors and should be complete by early 2023. 

As part of its apartment project, Cumberland Advisors is paying to extend Providence Parkway to Central Pike, which runs perpendicular less than a mile away. Road work is expected to finish out by the end of the year.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/07/14/enclave-at-providence-breaks-ground.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

Enclave at Providence, July 14, 2021, render 1.png

Enclave at Providence, July 14, 2021, render 2.png

• Like 4

20 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Enclave at Providence Apartments (3 stories, 296 units) is underway at I-40/Central Pike interchange in Mt. Juliet (Wilson County). It is being developed by Cumberland Advisors and should be complete by early 2023. 

As part of its apartment project, Cumberland Advisors is paying to extend Providence Parkway to Central Pike, which runs perpendicular less than a mile away. Road work is expected to finish out by the end of the year.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/07/14/enclave-at-providence-breaks-ground.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

Enclave at Providence, July 14, 2021, render 1.png

Enclave at Providence, July 14, 2021, render 2.png

The red lines represent the estimated extension of Providence Parkway. Is the "?" in the correct location for the development? There is still a lot of potential along this stretch of road.

image.thumb.png.01b57e92275c0a39144d02623507408b.png

3 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

The red lines represent the estimated extension of Providence Parkway. Is the "?" in the correct location for the development? There is still a lot of potential along this stretch of road.

image.thumb.png.01b57e92275c0a39144d02623507408b.png

Your red lines indicate the approximate beginning and end of the widening project for South Mount Juliet Road. Providence Parkway will be extended west from South Mount Juliet Road to Central Pike near where the new I-40 interchange is planned. (Google Maps screenshot to show the current Providence Parkway on the east side of South Mount Juliet Road.)

F11EF38C-8C35-4136-82CC-193E5448C0AE.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Here’s a rendering from The Tennessean in June 2020, showing the Providence Parkway extension to Central Pike. I don’t know if any of the details of the development have changed since that time.

AD1DC0DC-09D4-4BCB-B3F3-6C22C9E0AA9D.jpeg

Thanks for correcting the location. My apologies for misunderstanding that.

That being said it is a very ambitious expansion of that busy area around there. Taking that rendering and working through the Google Map aerial shows a ton of wooded land. This also makes more sense regarding the Central Pike interchange that Mark posted about back in November of 2018 (yellow square). The saddest thing about the whole expansion is just how much asphalt parking lots are present. They could have a lot more rentable square footage if they went structured parking. Maybe even possibly more open, green space (gosh how could I say those words haha)

image.thumb.png.606249003a4f647dcfa1e20eafdc4aa6.png

• Like 1

Wilson County: Chewy, Inc. (a pet supply company) will establish a new regional e-commerce fulfillment center at Couchville Pike and Maddox Rd. in Mt. Juliet that will create 1,200 new jobs. No word on the size of the building. 

More here:

https://www.tn.gov/ecd/news/2021/7/20/governor-lee--commissioner-rolfe-announce-chewy--inc--to-create-1-200-new-jobs-in--wilson-county.html

• Like 4

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Wilson County: Chewy, Inc. (a pet supply company) will establish a new regional e-commerce fulfillment center at Couchville Pike and Maddox Rd. in Mt. Juliet that will create 1,200 new jobs. No word on the size of the building. 

More here:

https://www.tn.gov/ecd/news/2021/7/20/governor-lee--commissioner-rolfe-announce-chewy--inc--to-create-1-200-new-jobs-in--wilson-county.html

This is great news , for job growth and growth of Wilson County in general! The location is actually in the Gladeville area, just one exit off of I-840 from the Superspeedway. This stretch of interstate is becoming more interesting as these huge distribution centers keep coming. I’m wondering when we will start seeing housing and restaurants/ retailers start to build around these exits. There has to be close to if not over 10,000 people working between all of the companies in this area. Surely they need to eat and pickup groceries etc. 

• Like 2