Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

The Quarry Amphitheater has a lot to work out.  Sitting in traffic for over 90 minutes trying to get out.  Concessions ran out.  Many of the artists didn’t show up tonight.  This is pretty much what I feared having something without the adequate road infrastructure to handle a massive venue. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

21 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

The Quarry Amphitheater has a lot to work out.  Sitting in traffic for over 90 minutes trying to get out.  Concessions ran out.  Many of the artists didn’t show up tonight.  This is pretty much what I feared having something without the adequate road infrastructure to handle a massive venue. 

That’s bad.

• Sad 1

Williamson County:  Magnolia Hall (circa 1840 , 2 stories, 4,000 sq. ft.)  on 12 acres off Boyd Ave. in Franklin has been purchased by developer Bernie Butler.  He would like to build a dozen luxury cottages (none taller than 1.5 stories) surrounding the historic mansion. Half of the site would be green space (including preservation of the small lake) and a new public road to allow people to see the mansion up close.  Butler is known for wanting to preserve history in his developments in the area. He has already been meeting with neighbors, and has had initial approval from the Envision Franklin team.  The next step is a public hearing with city leaders in September.  No renderings or diagrams of the project yet. 

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/franklin/2021/08/06/franklin-tennessee-proposed-neighborhood-historic-magnolia-hall/5489419001/

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 5.25.51 AM.png

• Like 4

8 hours ago, titanhog said:

Some photos and illustrations from the EOA Architects website on the SRM HQ being built in Smyrna near the intersection of I-840 and Jefferson Pike.  This is the anchor for a potential office park / retail park.

SRM-Concrete_Front-Exterior_logo.jpg

DJI_1337_8_9-scaled.jpg

b51ecafe-8f64-4979-9084-e83d20a796d2-Smyrna_Readymix_headquarters.PNG

DJI_1367_8_9-scaled.jpg

DJI_0193-scaled.jpg

Smyrna-Ready-Mix_02.jpg

Smyrna-Ready-Mix_03b.jpg

I really hope they got a bargain on the concrete for this job....

• Haha 2

Wilson County: Launchpoint Church has purchased 4 acres on North Hartmann Drive at US Hwy. 231 North to build 14,500 sq. ft. facility that will include a 500 seat sanctuary.  the land cost is $500,000 and the construction will be in the $1 million range.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/lebanon/2021/08/12/launchpoint-church-lebanon-buys-4-acres-new-sanctuary/5558638001/

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 1.36.27 PM.png

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 5:41 PM, Luvemtall said:

The new QT c-store in Lebanon is now opened 

Got gas there today...good snacks on-hand...but may not beat the revamped Racetrac offerings.  Someone recently complimented their pulled pork tacos...I think I would like to try the brisket tacos.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, tragenvol said:

Got gas there today...good snacks on-hand...but may not beat the revamped Racetrac offerings.  Someone recently complimented their pulled pork tacos...I think I would like to try the brisket tacos.

I haven’t had the chance to stop in there yet, will most likely over the weekend. Don’t get to much in way of food/snacks , but I do look to see how easy it’s to get our truck and travel trailer in for fuel. My pickup is gas and sometimes it’s not to easy to navigate these places, especially when busy. If I had diesel, then it’s easy to go to truck fuel lanes. But so far only Pilots and Flying J have gas at a rv/truck lane.

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

I haven’t had the chance to stop in there yet, will most likely over the weekend. Don’t get to much in way of food/snacks , but I do look to see how easy it’s to get our truck and travel trailer in for fuel. My pickup is gas and sometimes it’s not to easy to navigate these places, especially when busy. If I had diesel, then it’s easy to go to truck fuel lanes. But so far only Pilots and Flying J have gas at a rv/truck lane.

Fairly easy to get in and out from...way easier than Pilot in Lebanon.  QT's a bit out of the way for me; I use that exit, but from Exit 239 I'm venturing to/from north of I40 when there.  I grabbed a bottle of water, snacks looked ample...just not as ample as the new Racetrac.  Premium gas was reasonable that close to the interstate, but I try to get premium from Sam's Club at all times.

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 1

Robertson County: Bethel Ridge will be approximately 200 single family homes and  60 townhome on 155 acres, along with 5.85 acres of commercial retail along Bethel Rd., just off of I-65.  Natelli Communities is the developer.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/robertson/2021/08/17/bethel-ridge-new-plan-seeking-292-homes-millehttps-presto-gannettdigital-com-rsville/8095679002/

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 8.18.52 AM.png

• Like 2

Dickson County, 3 projects:

1) Phase 4 of White Bluff subdivision approved (23 single family homes) near intersection of Hwy 70 and Hwy 47.

More at The Tennessean here:  https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/dickson/2021/08/16/white-bluff-commission-approves-subdivisions/8147201002/

2) Taylortown subdivison (5 homes) at Tyalortown Rd. and Pleasant View Rd.

More at The Tennessean here:  https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/dickson/2021/08/16/white-bluff-commission-approves-subdivisions/8147201002/

3)  Dickson Skate Park work underway.

More at The Tennessean here:   https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/dickson/2021/08/17/ground-broken-dickson-skate-park/8153653002/

Dickson Skate Park rendering:

Dickson Skate Park, Aug 18, 2021, render.png

Bell Forge, Phase 4, 23 homes, White Bluff, TN, Aug 18, 2021, site diagram.png

Taylortown.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Anyone know what's going on on Murfreesboro Rd just North of 840 in Murfreesboro? It's across from Singer Rd, which is already a cluster with traffic, especially when the train is running. They completely cleared a large section of woods there about a week or so ago. 

14 hours ago, satalac said:

Anyone know what's going on on Murfreesboro Rd just North of 840 in Murfreesboro? It's across from Singer Rd, which is already a cluster with traffic, especially when the train is running. They completely cleared a large section of woods there about a week or so ago. 

Pretty sure a development was approved there in the last year or two. Also, that is close to where Cherry Lane will eventually end after it gets extended & added as an interchange to I-840. 

There was what was basically a massive junkyard amongst a lot of that brush & woods along Overall Creek up to near the Stones River that'll require a lot of removal of crap before they can develop.

• Thanks 3