Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

• 2 weeks later...

Planet Fitness will open a new location in Murfreesboro near the Stones River Mall area. Teen retail store Five Below is under construction in the Towne Center shopping center next to Toys R Us. This will be the first location in Tennessee. The company has a large logistics space in Olive Branch for its first Memphis distribution center.

New project breaking ground in Oak Grove (up Fort Campbell Bvd.). Should end up being a relatively major shopping and entertainment area (based on the proposed plans). The first stage, a movie theater with a modern 80' screen, is scheduled to break grown on the 20th. This will provide additional entertainment and shopping options for Clarksville and surrounding communities:

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article/20140115/NEWS01/301140030/Construction-start-Oak-Grove-Village-huge-movie-theater

About 20 minutes from downtown Clarksville.

The issue here is the Oak Grove mayor.  He's a bit...er, flaky.  The economy hasn't helped and let's be real, the income from enlisted Army isn't big.  Most are averaging between 17-20,000 a year.  That's not much.  Our running joke here at the radio station is we'll believe it when we see it.

Edited by Lexy

Preds and Clarksville may partner on new sports complex. From the NBJ.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/morning_call/2014/01/clarksville-may-partner-with-nashville.html

Rumored placement of this proposed sports complex is just off of Exit 8, which will be across Rossview Road from the incoming Hankook Tire facility.

I haven't noticed any discussion on the Franklin Synergy Bank building in Brentwood. It's a great little infill project off of Town Center Drive behind the Pinnacle building. It's really taking shape. Two stories, and an urban layout (very similar to the Pinnacle and TD Ameritrade buildings). I'll snap some pictures later if I get a chance.

Also, there is a building U/C in Franklin, on Liberty Pike between I-65 and Carothers. 2 story, 32k sq ft Class A office. Doesn't look like anything noteworthy. I'm guessing it's geared towards medical offices given the proximity to WMC.

The entire Synergy project seems to be under construction. There is supposed to be a Marriott in the project as well. I think the building you are talking about is right off of Franklin, is it not?

Yes, the Franklin Synergy Bank building is a half block off of Franklin Rd on Town Center Dr (the road with the roundabout).

Marriott? Where is that supposed to go? 

That will be incorporated in the Synergy Park and old mansion.

Ah...you mean the office park. I'm talking about a single project that is in the 'town center' area of Brentwood (between OHB and Church St E). 

As for what you are talking about, all I have seen so far as that they raped the landscape around the mansion and fenced it off.