Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

I lived in Brentioch before Nippers had a corner! What now?!

;)

My parents moved out there when Franklin Rd @ OHB was a 2 lane intersection.

I can remember when Nipper's started. There was a battle to see who could build the first grocery there. FoodWorld/Bruno's/Albertsons (where the current Walmart Neighborhood Market is) beat out a rumored Food Lion (where the current Kroger is), and Food Lion never ended up following through...they just left the field there with torn up soil/rock for years.

I can remember when Cottonport, Saddlewood, and Copperfield were U/C, and when Fredricksburg was a meadow.

I also remember the movie theater in the Brentwood Place shopping center, behind Pizza Hut.

My parents moved out there when Franklin Rd @ OHB was a 2 lane intersection.

I can remember when Nipper's started. There was a battle to see who could build the first grocery there. FoodWorld/Bruno's/Albertsons (where the current Walmart Neighborhood Market is) beat out a rumored Food Lion (where the current Kroger is), and Food Lion never ended up following through...they just left the field there with torn up soil/rock for years.

I can remember when Cottonport, Saddlewood, and Copperfield were U/C, and when Fredricksburg was a meadow.

I also remember the movie theater in the Brentwood Place shopping center, behind Pizza Hut.

Yeah, I remember that being a 2 lane too. It's crazy how much it's changed. The grocery wars there was crazy, especially when they did all that blasting for nothing (until Kroger built of course).
  • Like 1

Yeah, I remember that being a 2 lane too. It's crazy how much it's changed. The grocery wars there was crazy, especially when they did all that blasting for nothing (until Kroger built of course).

It is crazy.

And I'll cut you if you call it Brentioch again. 

To me, "Brentioch" is anything between nipper's corner and Antioch city limits.  Nipper's corner is still Brentwood.  I too remember it being next to nothing.  I have an aunt that lives on Frontier Lane.  They bought their house when theirs was the only subdivision and everything else was fields.  It's frustrating explaining to people where I live so sometimes I just say Brentioch, if "Tusculum" doesn't ring a bell.

• Like 1

Murfreesboro is developing a comprehensive plan for the city. I mentioned a few things about the plan last year. The new plan will continue to 2035 in efforts of identifying plans, projects, and citizen input for the entire city. More information is found here.

http://www.dnj.com/story/news/local/2014/08/09/murfreesboro-officials-seek-input-comprehensive-plan-objectives/13852149/

http://www.2035newsletter.com/

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud when I read this quote from the mayor;

"Our goal is to continue to make Murfreesboro one of the best places in the country to live, work and play"

The mayor of Anywhereville is going to make that statement. If you do not, you're pretty much admitting that your hamlet sucks.

To its credit, Murfreesboro is a much better live/work/play community than it was even when my brother attended school there in the early/mid 2000s.

You're right. Maybe it's unfair of me to be so cynical about the 'boro, but I left that town with a bad taste in my mouth. I've always regretted my decision to go to MTSU. While I feel I got a good education and the University has good curriculum, I feel that the town is simply a poor place to live and not conducive to an education.

I'm going to stop there. I know some here live in the 'boro and love it. I also realize that the issues with that town are not invisible, so I won't start rattling them off.

I just really hope that town gets some vision and soon. Because, with an honest effort, it really could be a wonderful place to live, work, play.

You're right. Maybe it's unfair of me to be so cynical about the 'boro, but I left that town with a bad taste in my mouth. I've always regretted my decision to go to MTSU. While I feel I got a good education and the University has good curriculum, I feel that the town is simply a poor place to live and not conducive to an education.

I'm going to stop there. I know some here live in the 'boro and love it. I also realize that the issues with that town are not invisible, so I won't start rattling them off.

I just really hope that town gets some vision and soon. Because, with an honest effort, it really could be a wonderful place to live, work, play.

I used to feel the same way about Murfreesboro, yet here I am (on the edge of it at least). I think Murfreesboro is a great place to raise a family. Great schools and less expensive housing. For singles, couples or people who just really like the hustle and bustle however, then yes, the work and play aspects are in Nashville. I see Murfreesboro more as a place for families to move to that want a little slower pace than living in Nashville. Don't get me wrong, I was born and raised in Nashville and loved every second of it, but something about Murfreesboro just makes me feel comfortable, at least in the area I'm at. And it's not like I have to go far to get the excitement of Nashville. But it's all personal opinion based on your own experiences, so it's not like there is a right or wrong answer, so what you said isn't unfair at all, that's what you experienced.
  • Like 1

Hospital giant CHS plans big expansion near Franklin HQ

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2014/08/hospital-giant-chs-hunts-for-more-room-near.html

450,000 square feet is a lot of space.....I wish they would consider the CBD or Midtown or the Gulch. It would be good to have a fortune 500 company visible in the city than out in the burbs.

Either way, this is a plus for the region. Coolsprings and Franklin is continuing their red-hot streak. Hopefully they will go to the Ovation or Franklin Park site.

I'll post some pictures of this once they start building it. There's also a Lifestyles Community that I'm waiting for them to start building so I can take pictures of it. As it stands right now they've been moving dirt from one pile to another pile for a few months now. Hopefully the LC project will go vertical pretty soon. If it's one is as good as their other work it should be nice.

https://lifestylecommunities.com

Edited by erdichia

There are plans to build a new road along I-40 in Wilson county. This road would be part of the stalled Bel Air Providence development. The intent is to allow more businesses to have visibility from the interstate.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2014/08/24/new-road-expand-providence-marketplace-footprint/14546435/