Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Vision Hospitality out of Chattanooga will develop two hotels in the South Star project in Franklin. The large projects underway within rock throwing range. South Star, Ovation and Franklin Park.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2014/10/21/vision-hospitality-develop-hotels-franklin-summit/17679605/

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know what may be being built on the land beside Lowes?  Maybe the owner is just trying to clear it to try and sell it.  It is quite a large area and the trees are being taken down which shows just how big that lot is.  Several years ago there was a plan on the other side of Lowes that was going to have Penneys and other stores.  Of course 2008 happened and that went away.  I live in Cane Ridge, (yes it is officially Cane Ridge according to my voter registration card), but work in Smyrna.  It would be nice to get a few more stores.

I haven't heard or seen anything other than forest thinning. Before more stuff lands on Sam Ridley Pkwy, Smyrna has got to figure the hell out what to do about the traffic. There's room for one more lane each way, something has to be done and soon.

It would help if they would go ahead and build the new exit between Exit 66 and Exit 70.  I think the road would end up connecting with Enon Springs.  That would keep some people off of Sam Ridley and would open up more land for development along I-24.

It would help if they would go ahead and build the new exit between Exit 66 and Exit 70.  I think the road would end up connecting with Enon Springs.  That would keep some people off of Sam Ridley and would open up more land for development along I-24.

That would be great for where I work. Hope they do it.

They've talked about it for a long time.  Not sure what the hold up is.

Yeah, been on the table for a while. When I lived in Smyrna, I really wanted it to happen because my neighborhood backed up to Rocky Fork (where the exit would be). It would help with the Sam Ridley and Almaville Rd traffic. 

Pat Emery lands two more HQ tenants for One Franklin Park, work beginning on next building

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2014/11/pat-emery-lands-two-more-hq-tenants-for-one.html

Pat has his hands full with trying to fill up One Franklin Park, the convention center redevelop, and his existing buildings in Cool Springs. Looks like he is doing a good job so far.

my favorite quote from that article.

"For the only time in the city’s history, a Brentwood-based business received tax breaks from the city to build its corporate headquarters to keep the company in the city limits. "

John... any comment?...