Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Two additional Wal-Marts are coming to Murfreesboro. Each store will be a neighborhood market with drive-thru pharmacies and fuel stations. This makes 7 Wal-Mart entities in Murfreesboro alone. In additional news, a second Kroger Market Place is planned at the Veterans Parkway and Highway 96 intersection. Burger King, McDonald's, and a Mariott Hotel have also submitted plans for the Gateway area. Starbucks is also coming soon on Memorial Boulevard.

http://www.dnj.com/story/money/business/2014/12/15/two-new-wal-marts-proposed-murfreesboro/20436405/

Edited by Justiceham

Two additional Wal-Marts are coming to Murfreesboro. Each store will be a neighborhood market with drive-thru pharmacies and fuel stations. This makes 7 Wal-Mart entities in Murfreesboro alone. In additional news, a second Kroger Market Place is planned at the Veterans Parkway and Highway 96 intersection. Burger King, McDonald's, and a Mariott Hotel have also submitted plans for the Gateway area. Starbucks is also coming soon on Memorial Boulevard.

http://www.dnj.com/story/money/business/2014/12/15/two-new-wal-marts-proposed-murfreesboro/20436405/

That's a crazy number of Wal Marts (even though some are neighborhood markets).

Where is the Starbucks going at exactly? 

Does anyone know what that is being built next to the Thorntons on Medical Center Pkwy? 

Tire Discounters is under construction next to Thorntons as well as in the Kroger shopping center on highway 96 east. Starbucks will be across from the V.A. Hospital by the Publix Shopping Center.

Are there any non-generic chain store/restaurant developments happening in the older section of Murfreesboro? 

The Alley Restaurant and bar recently opened on Main Street. The land orginally purchased for the development of a now defunt six story condo has now been sold and rezoned back to central business district. A new judicial building and adjacent parking garage are in the works for Maple Street. The judicial building project will be at least 6 stories and take up an entire city block. The bridge over broad street is just about to wrap up utility movements so that new beams for the interchange may be installed. Lytle and Maney Avenue will get new streetscape treatments similar to Maney Avenue from U.S. 41 to Vine Street. Both streets are to be realigned. Lytle Street will include a roundabout entrance into downtown and at the end will have a new direct entrance into MTSU. No word yet on when Middle Tennessee Boulevard will start reconstruction (it's now two years behind schedule).

http://www.alleyonmain.com/

• Like 1

Forgot to post this.

15835555788_76e735c492_b.jpg

This is a building U/C in downtown Franklin, at the intersection of 9th and Columbia Ave (about 2 blocks from 5 points), next to Franklin Synergy Bank and near the Franklin Police Dept. 

For a new building, it has some really nice architectural touches. Anyone know what it is?

I actually meant to post this months ago, there was a sign up in October but I've already forgotten what it is. I almost want to say something for city government, but I may be totally off.

Tire Discounters is under construction next to Thorntons as well as in the Kroger shopping center on highway 96 east. Starbucks will be across from the V.A. Hospital by the Publix Shopping Center.

Working for Starbucks, it's not going there. The new one is going across from Hastings in an old Mexican restaurant that's been empty for over 5 years, so serious building rehab is going on and should be open in February.

The Alley Restaurant and bar recently opened on Main Street. The land orginally purchased for the development of a now defunt six story condo has now been sold and rezoned back to central business district. A new judicial building and adjacent parking garage are in the works for Maple Street. The judicial building project will be at least 6 stories and take up an entire city block. The bridge over broad street is just about to wrap up utility movements so that new beams for the interchange may be installed. Lytle and Maney Avenue will get new streetscape treatments similar to Maney Avenue from U.S. 41 to Vine Street. Both streets are to be realigned. Lytle Street will include a roundabout entrance into downtown and at the end will have a new direct entrance into MTSU. No word yet on when Middle Tennessee Boulevard will start reconstruction (it's now two years behind schedule).

http://www.alleyonmain.com/

Nice!!!  Thanks for the run down...I like that old Murfreesboro is still chugging along, because it's got great bones.  It really is a beautiful town once you get down into it, and I think people forget that because of all the sprawl.

Id prefer the Starbucks to go in at Publix rather than across from Hastings. 

Well, I honestly would as well but the traffic count that far north doesn't justify a location yet. The new one being built will be huge, nearly twice the size of the Old Fort Pkwy store and likely the "flagship" for Murfreesboro with all the bells and whistles they can muster. That location will be pretty dang busy all day.

Working for Starbucks, it's not going there. The new one is going across from Hastings in an old Mexican restaurant that's been empty for over 5 years, so serious building rehab is going on and should be open in February.

That's not entirely correct either. The new Starbucks is going across from Hastings in the former El Terrero Restaurant. However, I am friends with the district manager and she confirmed they have purchased a parcel of land by the Publix Shopping center. She couldn't confirm an exact location but this one will be the next location after Memorial. Traffic counts have the least to do with their location selection. They use incomes and the number of households/businesses in the area to select locations. The Rutherford store has poor traffic counts and to some degree, the Church Street location but they chose the site because of MTSU being close by and other retail establishments in the area. Church Street makes sense because of the demographics of the area. I'm wondering if the Kroger Marketplace behind it will have one inside, can you say overkill?

Edited by Justiceham

it is all about demographics,

Brentwood, Franklin, Thompson Station/Spring Hill,... 4 targets, 2 walmarts 1 sams

Smyrna, Murfreesboro.... 7 walmarts, 1 Sams, 2 Targets

So...you're saying we're all hillbilly rednecks down here in Rutherford County, huh?  :)

(That's pretty much the truth.  That's why I stick to Target instead of venturing out to Redneck Wonderland)

Interesting. Thanks for posting the inside information. I frequent all of the Starbucks in Murfreesboro quite regularly. lol 

I think I go to the one at the Avenue the most followed by the one on Rutherford Blvd. 

The Avenues location was supposed extend into the Matress Firm next door. That would have been really nice, but Matress Firm outbid Starbucks for it. I go to that location the most, as well. You've probably seen me with my partner and not even known it.