Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

We saw this coming several years ago. After construction of the more than $1 billion plant completed in 2013, the polysilicon market imploded and production never began.

Hemlock closing Clarksville plant permanently (from The Leaf Chronicle)

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/story/news/local/clarksville/2014/12/17/hemlock-closing-clarksville-plant-permanently/20536529/

Doesn't quite surprise me then, I'll probably see Elizabeth soon and ask her about it.

Arby's and Chick-fil-A are both headed to near the new Wal-Mart on Memorial. 

Omg, are you serious? Lol...smh. Can we get something we don't already have? I guess I'll be waiting for Dollar General, Easy Money, Super Vapes, Krispy Kreme, and Matress Firm to be out there too.

I don't mean to come across as snarky when I say this, but after reading this thread, I'm reminded how much I hated living in suburbia.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm pleased to see that Rutherford County booming, and I appreciate the updates that folks are giving.  And obviously, there are different strokes for different folks and I realize that it's an ideal place for some.  But the sheer monotony of it all would just crush my soul I think (dramatic eh? lol.)  Nothing but national chains and parking lots and stucco and power lines and obnoxious signs trying to be more visible than the one next to it...all of this, around every corner, looking exactly like thousands of other similar places in the country...I wouldn't be able to take it! :sick:

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2

I'm with you on this. In a city and county that is 75% non-military and has a top 5 per capita income in the state, developers continually look to build near Ft. Campbell. The Exit 11/Sango area hasn't seen real retail/entertainment development (while adding thousands of new houses) in years.

What's going on with the Oak Grove Village mall project?   I think Oak Grove is the wrong location and has the wrong demographics for this type of project.  

James Opendra

I'm with you on this. In a city and county that is 75% non-military and has a top 5 per capita income in the state, developers continually look to build near Ft. Campbell. The Exit 11/Sango area hasn't seen real retail/entertainment development (while adding thousands of new houses) in years.

While I agree with you.  It seems more likely that the farmland between Governor's Mall and the Hospital would be developed for this type of open -air mall project.  Just add Macy's...  Clarksville is still desperately underserved retail-wise.

James Opendra

Omg, are you serious? Lol...smh. Can we get something we don't already have? I guess I'll be waiting for Dollar General, Easy Money, Super Vapes, Krispy Kreme, and Matress Firm to be out there too.

There needs to be at least 2 more Chick-fil-a's though.  The one on Old Fort is always packed.  Its a nightmare at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

James Opendra

What signs are you talking about. Murfreesboro has one of the most restrictive sign ordinances in the nation. Try being a small local company competing with the large corporations...they can afford signs and landscape whereas the small company cannot.

Now, if Murfreesboro would step up and put utilities underground it would really help. Next time on NW Broad look down the street and do you see signs or WIRES AND POLES. Even in the new areas you have huge poles and wires.

What signs are you talking about. Murfreesboro has one of the most restrictive sign ordinances in the nation. Try being a small local company competing with the large corporations...they can afford signs and landscape whereas the small company cannot.

Now, if Murfreesboro would step up and put utilities underground it would really help. Next time on NW Broad look down the street and do you see signs or WIRES AND POLES. Even in the new areas you have huge poles and wires.

I'm not sure how a sign ordinance can be considered restrictive while still allowing for the 100 foot tall signs next to practically every national chain out by the interstate.  Those are the signs I'm referring to.  I definitely agree with you about the utilities though.  Nashville has the same issue.  Such an eyesore! 

All that being said, welcome to the forum!

Edited by BnaBreaker

I did a real quick drive down into Cool Springs today and too a few pictures on the fly.

There is a lot under construction on Carothers Drive and just off that road.
Cool Springs Mall Expansion
WgIc2fr.jpg

Newly constructed Towne Place Suites next to the mall
lOmOpH1.jpg

One Franklin Park
U7Xz1L3.jpg

Franklin Park Amphitheater
xCNKTu8.jpg

Apartment on Carothers. One I know is the Crescent project.
F7k5Jw3.jpg

Homewood Suites @ Franklin Park
bVdaJtL.jpg
muPQf6P.jpg

More apartments on Carothers. I think this is part of the Franklin Park project.
xGeShKG.jpg

Columbia State Campus
vJsUzY6.jpg

Project @ Corner of Carothers and Liberty Pike
ZIyBYEE.jpg

Williamson Med Ctr.
rU0SPhi.jpg

Ovation site, which is massive
sk2SOY8.jpg

New AIG HQ @ 7 Springs
AT0OF6t.jpg

• Like 1