Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

J. Alexander's would do very well in Murfreesboro. We really don't have any upscale restaurants with good food in town, at least one's that aren't overrated. Taziki's, Zoe's Kitchen, Chicken Salad Chick, Atlanta Bread, etc., more healthier options would be nice other than greasy chains. I heard that Yeah Burger! is coming to Nashville which would also be great to have here in town, somewhere near MTSU. Yeah Burger! is a lot like Burger Up but better (fast casual) with locally sourced grass fed beef, more gluten free options, and faster service. 

https://www.facebook.com/ybnashvillemidtown

Edited by Justiceham

I think if J. Alexanders would come to Murfreesboro, they'd go near the Avenues mall or Old Fort Pkwy/Thompson Ln. area.  The Black-Eyed Pea would be nice in the area too, although not high end which is still good eating.

James Opendra

Agreed on the J. Alexander's location because the Memorial Blvd corridor on the north side of town doesn't have the dense traffic the restaurant would likely desire or concentration of competition, plus it's a still developing commercial/restaurant corridor. The big domino had to fall, and unfortunately it was Wal-Mart, but it's now signaled that side of the city is ready to boom with commercial activity. 

Agreed on the J. Alexander's location because the Memorial Blvd corridor on the north side of town doesn't have the dense traffic the restaurant would likely desire or concentration of competition, plus it's a still developing commercial/restaurant corridor. The big domino had to fall, and unfortunately it was Wal-Mart, but it's now signaled that side of the city is ready to boom with commercial activity. 

Yes that is true.  It is also true on the South-side too with a new Walmart about ready to open on hwy 231 plus a hugely expanded Kroger and rumored Lowe's, Target, Chick-fila, TGI friday, and Capt. D's.

James Opendra

Yes that is true.  It is also true on the South-side too with a new Walmart about ready to open on hwy 231 plus a hugely expanded Kroger and rumored Lowe's, Target, Chick-fila, TGI friday, and Capt. D's.

James Opendra

U.S. 231 will end up looking a lot like the U.S. 72 corridor in the Madison/Huntsville area, as many new restaurants and retail establishments have opened up in the past few years. It's mostly sprawl, but at least having options on all four nodes of the city will provide much needed relief from congestion on Old Fort Parkway. Medical Center Parkway is continuing to thrive with a new La-Z-Boy Gallery, Jonathan's Grill, Dollar General, and Wal-Mart coming soon, and will most likely see the most upscale dining options. Just announced today, Stones River Mall was sold to Sterling Organization, that has plans for new tenants.

http://www.dnj.com/story/money/business/2015/03/11/stones-river-mall-sold/70144260/

Huge new manufacturing facility coming to Smyrna. The company isn't named yet, but roughly 1k jobs and $100mil investment, which is huge, is on the way.

Announcement to be made by the governor tomorrow at the State Capitol.

http://www.dnj.com/story/money/2015/03/16/new-jobs-project-cedar/24842725/

Edited by NashRugger
  • Like 2

Here's an aerial shot from late last year of the Hankook Tire site construction off of Exit 8. The state is now in the midst of widening the bridges over the interstate to accommodate added traffic. The city is also building a new EMS/Fire station near the site as part of the company agreement.

HankookTire102414_328.jpg

• Like 1

I work in Smyrna (not at Nissan) and was hoping they were going to announce a different company coming here.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see new jobs coming, but the way the media was reporting, it made it sound like something new.  

Edited by nashbill
  • Like 1

I work in Smyrna (not at Nissan) and was hoping they were going to announce a different company coming here.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see new jobs coming, but the way the media was reporting, it made it sound like something new.  

Well...it is kinda a new company (or companies).  From the way I understand it, Nissan will build the 1.5 Million Sq Ft building...then any Nissan supplier who wants to set up shop here can come in and hire.  Sounds almost like the medical mart thing, but with auto suppliers.  Could mean 20-30 or more new suppliers opening shop in Smyrna.

• Like 2