Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Anyone ever find out what's going in at the corner of Old Nashville Hwy and Sam Ridley just east of Walgreen's in Smyrna.  Still haven't seen anything on that.

http://www.dnj.com/story/opinion/2015/02/28/stump-scott-possible-sam-ridley-parkway-development-study/24196635/

Basically they are just grading it. I guess it will make it more attractive to a potential developer if all of the site prep is done and they know what they can do with it.

• Like 1

Three new Burger King Restaurants are under construction in Murfreesboro at New Salem Highway (99), Thompson Lane, and Lascassas Pike (96). An additional Burger King is also under construction in Smyrna at the Almaville Rd. exit.

Where is the one on Lascassas going to be?

I know this isnt big news development wise (by the standards on this forum) but it is exciting for me. The second Dunkin Donuts in Murfreesboro will open on Memorial Blvd across from the Murfreesboro Athletic Club.  I love coffee so this is share-worthy news for me.  :P

Edited by MetroTN

I know this isnt big news development wise (by the standards on this forum) but it is exciting for me. The second Dunkin Donuts in Murfreesboro will open on Memorial Blvd across from the Murfreesboro Athletic Club.  I love coffee so this is share-worthy news for me.  :P

I'm not a regular contributor to this thread.  Dunkin's good, and I go to one a lot at the Bus station, the MTA MC Central, DT Nashv'l, about a block from my job, but I've already gotten hooked on Donut County on Mem Blvd. near Clark.  I do love D-D's coffee though, so in any event, the new D-D will provide a needed outlet there, no doubt.

It really ought to help out those at the Athletic Club, shouldn't it?

-==-

Edited by rookzie

Well, I have felt that Murfreesboro can certainly support more DD's. I see them more of them opening in the future. One near the Avenue would be nice.

Near the Sonic Restaurant. Publix had plans for a store in that area as well but those plans have been put on hold, indefinitely. The Kroger manager told me the Lascassas store will become a Marketplace in the next few years.

Three new Burger King Restaurants are under construction in Murfreesboro at New Salem Highway (99), Thompson Lane, and Lascassas Pike (96). An additional Burger King is also under construction in Smyrna at the Almaville Rd. exit.

I couldn't imagine getting excited for more Burger Kings until I went to the BK web site and saw that there are only 4 of them in Murfreesboro.  That does seem pretty paltry for a city of 120,000.  There are eight in Clarksville and three in little ol' Cookeville which is just 1/4 the size of Murfreesboro.  Anyway, I do love the Whopper.

With Nashville being "discovered" by out-of-state developers I'm sure this means that Murfreesboro is going to see a flurry of new developments, too, more than it has in the past.

Murfreesboro undoubtedly benefits from being close to Nashville. I moved here from Knoxville last year and chose it for it's affordable housing. I just wanted to be someone in the Nashville metro and Murfreesboro has been a good fit. 

OK, this is not necessarily a new project, but I wanted to mention this.  I had to return a phone package that came with Xfinity triple play.  Had to take the phone to get the cheaper rate.  I took it and never used it.  

Comcast has been on my most hated companies list as it is with rest of the country. 

The evening before, I had received my bill it had gone up $50, because I had the phone.  I called and was actually speaking to someone within a few minutes.  In encounters gone by I would warn the person I was talking to that by the end of the conversation I would be angry and my anger was not at them, but the company.  He had a deal worked out which came within a few dollars of what my old bill was.  It actually was not an unpleasant call.  Now, the rest of the story.  I live in Cane Ridge, but prefer the Murfreesboro location better than the Metro Center.  It had moved into a new space on Thompson Lane, not far from Medical Center Parkway.  I walked in and thought I am at the wrong place.  They had copied a phone store type look with Apple type service (Apple like, they are not there yet).  A worker walked up and took my name and typed into his Ipod and put me on the list displayed on wall.  3 people in front of me.  There was a lounge area with a big screen TV and sofas and displays of there products.  It all was very nice.  I was turning in my phone in a matter of minutes.  I got my receipt and was out the door in less than 15 minutes.  I didn't know what to do.  I thought I crossed into the twilight zone or parallel universe.  Who am I going to hate now?  I wonder if this is going to be there model for other towns and cities.  Do you think they finally got the message that being hated and making a lot of money is not necessarily a good thing?  Have any of you been to other stores lately?  Are the same?  

• Like 2

Interesting story about a $30 hot dog! (wrong link, I believe)

Edited by Bezoar
  • Like 1

I had a half day at work today and on my to do list is call comcast.  glad to konw they are workign on things

update: bill reduced by $75

Got my bill reduced by $75. Love competition. They must be feeling AT&T's and Google's heat.

Ok.wait. Whazz going on here?  What did you have to do.  been a Comcast end user since '97 (ViaCom - InterMedia).  I've been dying for some competition to come, and your testimonials have started to heal my damaged cochlear nerves.  Do I have to threaten to change ISP?

-==-

she first tried to get me to lower my tv tier, but i said i was looking at the top tier of uverse, and their offer was 135.  it took her about 5 minutes of working but she came very close to matching.  and I know that comcast internet is much more reliable than ATT so i was ok with the slight difference.

• Like 1

she first tried to get me to lower my tv tier, but i said i was looking at the top tier of uverse, and their offer was 135.  it took her about 5 minutes of working but she came very close to matching.  and I know that comcast internet is much more reliable than ATT so i was ok with the slight difference.

Maybe in general.  I have ATT now and for me it has been way more dependable than comcast ever was, I couldn't be happier with it.  I work at home so I'm on the internet all day.  Only problem I've ever had was when the dog dug up the cable and chewed it in half.

• Like 1

Maybe in general.  I have ATT now and for me it has been way more dependable than comcast ever was, I couldn't be happier with it.  I work at home so I'm on the internet all day.  Only problem I've ever had was when the dog dug up the cable and chewed it in half.

(kraX me up)  Sounds like a new take on the ol' grade-school homework excuse.

-==-

Huge news no one is really addressing: http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/morning_call/2015/05/franklins-planning-director-abruptly-resigns.html

Related to Harpeth Square's approval or to CHS announcing they are building in Antioch and not Franklin?

I saw that article and have no clue. There could be various reasons and we can speculate, but I doubt it would have anything to do with the issues you stated, but I could be wrong.

I would bet there is a personal reason. That is usually the case if there is no hint of any wrong doing when a person leave abruptly.

Ok.wait. Whazz going on here?  What did you have to do.  been a Comcast end user since '97 (ViaCom - InterMedia).  I've been dying for some competition to come, and your testimonials have started to heal my damaged cochlear nerves.  Do I have to threaten to change ISP?

-==-

That's the oldest trick in the book. When your rates go up, you threaten to leave for another company and the representative usually makes an exception to keep you there by adding a free month or reducing the price. Be careful with the direct deposit payment system via mobile devices. Always check your bank statement. They claimed that I never paid even though I signed up for the program. They tried to add late charges but told them I had recorded the conversation and got names of the representatives I talked to in the past, and they magically changed their minds.

• Like 1