Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

I now spend a lot of time in Franklin working and there is a lot of construction still going on. I will take some pics later, but I am amazed at what has happened there in the past few years. Like it or not guys Franklin is part of the Metro area and it is sprawl, however Franklin is no different than many other areas around larger metro areas. I am glad its doing well and it seems this area will continue to have a lot of upscale growth.

I figured it would be a short time before there was an upscale hotel here. I was in Atlanta around Perimeter square and noticed a lot of upscale hotels just outside the loop and had the thought then that Franklin needed a nice upscale hotel. Dont be jealous, Nashville still has the Hermitage, Renaissance and Lowe's to name a few.

Franklin is a very important part of the Metro area as is Murfreesboro, Hendersonville, Mt Juliet, Lebanon, and Smyrna. Dont get mad if I left out a few. Too many to name.

Just saw on News 5 that there are 7 new hotels being built in Cool Springs and there will be 3000 rooms there when they're done! Wow! In addition to the Westin, there's supposed to be a hotel built there at 10 stories and over 300 rooms.

I guess that's what a Nissan HQ will buy you.

Sorry I don't have a link. I checked their site and it's not up yet.

I heard ECD Commissioner Matt Kisber had been working on something for Clarksville but the Nashville Post article I saw referenced of course is for subscribers only.....so I figured it was only a matter of time before another media outlet would pick up the story and divulge it for free....thus leading it here. LOL

This would be HUGE! I so hope Clarksville lands this chemical plant. The economic benefits such a plant and employment boost could have on the city could be staggering. The direct payroll and that from subsidary contract work for local businesses (tool & die, commercial supplies, etc) would tremedously boost the ability of the city draw in new retail, dining, and commercial businesses. Not to mention the shot in the arm to the residential construction in the city.

The tax base of the city would of course also go up, which would hopefully enable the city to operate without raising taxes and still have extra funds for new enhancement and infrastructure projects.This simply would be great for Clarksville and the State of Tennessee.

Matt Kisber for Governor if he pulls this off after landing VW - not the mention the countless other smaller plants and businesses that have come to or expanded in TN under his tenure as ECD Commissioner.

I am surprised no one posted this.

Clarksville is ion the running for a new Dow Corning plant that could employee 4000. This will be a huge boost to the areas economy if built. This is 4 times the number of jobs that the VW plant will bring.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=61741

I read an article which stated the plant could employ 4,000 or 400. Haha, I don't think it is very clear how many would be employed. I would like to see Clarksville get this project much, MUCH more than I would have liked them to get the VW plant. Also, I'm not sure but I do believe the land being eyed is the certified megasite.

I read an article which stated the plant could employ 4,000 or 400. Haha, I don't think it is very clear how many would be employed. I would like to see Clarksville get this project much, MUCH more than I would have liked them to get the VW plant. Also, I'm not sure but I do believe the land being eyed is the certified megasite.

I think you are correct about the mega site. There could be a lot of industry come to Clarksville because of this.

Here is a link to the mega site announcement.

http://www.clarksville.tn.us/news-html/2007/01/news0075.html

I actually grew up in Franklin and over the past 31 years have seen tremendous change of course...mostly for the better some not so much.

As for the Hotels I have received confirmation that the Westin will be located in the new Meridian area off Carothers Parkway. The two buildings now known as Corporate Centre will be renamed as Meridian One and Meridian Two...the new Westin will be located between these two main buildings and will include a parking garages.

There is also a hotel called aloft that will be located next to D1 Sports and Jonathans. This will be much more of a boutique hotel and very unique!! Right now it looks like they are planning on being up and operational in October.

Other great things coming in the Meridian (which is near where I work thank goodness) are Swanky Taco and a Cajun Steamers. Both are restaurants. I've actually never eaten at either.

I was in Franklin the other day and noticed a new crane up with 5 stories of steel already erected at McEwen Town Center. A lot of other construction has taken place there as well. I just cant keep up any longer. Even with the slowdown there is a lot happening all over the mid state.

Its actually looking extremely busy over there with apartments and office building going up. It will be interesting once complete

• 1 month later...

Brentwood Planning Commission approved the Town Center Project 7:3. Once the city commission approves it, we will begin to see construction this fall. I personally think that this could spur more development in Brentwood, which has been lagging behind Franklin and Nashville for the past couple of years.

Town center is a 20,000sf office/retail complex to go up at the intersection of Franklin RD and Town Center Way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are a couple of articles on the Brentwood Town Center from the TN. I haven't seen any drawings or renderings so I am not sure what the design issue is. I did see a PDF of a study done awhile back of things they would like to see. Anyone else have more info on this project? Looks like construction will begin soon on November 15th.

Town Center design will remain for now

Williamson County: Town Center design standards unaltered

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting article on how one manufacturer/retailer moved from Cool Springs to Nolensville due to the traffic congestion.

Clogged Cool Springs sent manufacturer packing

Gift card producer finds niche in Nolensville

"I was absolutely tired of the traffic situation," he said. So earlier this year, the Brentwood resident closed that office and opened a new, 27,000-square-foot facility in Nolensville. The move has allowed Prince to remain close to home while avoiding the high prices and inconveniences he encountered around Franklin.

That means it plans to stay viable in the Nolensville for years, and the company has already started investing in the surrounding area by helping create a walkable community. The company is working with Nolensville's Trees and Trails committee to create a path to a nearby park and Nolensville Elementary School.

But as other manufacturers eye relocating to Nolensville, Prince is in danger of again facing the congestion that once drove him out of Cool Springs.

"I'm not naive enough to believe it's not going to happen here in time enough as well, but in the meantime, it's awesome to come to work in an environment like Nolensville," he said.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't had much traffic around here lately. So, I thought I would post something.

Clarksville's Legion Street/Strawberry Alley project has been completed. It was voted the best public works project in Tennessee for 2008. The final piece to the project was a 22 feet statue dedicated to the children of the area. You can see the story below.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs....D=2008811260331

I think Clarksville has really come a long way in revitalizing our downtown area since the tornado, which will be ten years removed in January 2009.

Edited by miami1855

Haven't had much traffic around here lately. So, I thought I would post something.

Clarksville's Legion Street/Strawberry Alley project has been completed. It was voted the best public works project in Tennessee for 2008. The final piece to the project was a 22 feet statue dedicated to the children of the area. You can see the story below.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs....D=2008811260331

I think Clarksville has really come a long way in revitalizing our downtown area since the tornado, which will be ten years removed in January 2009.

That's very nice. I think that is a great way to revitalize an urban historic area. What's going on around the new hospital? Are all the mobile homes still accross from it? What about the old hospital? Was'nt it to be demolished for a major retail development?

That's very nice. I think that is a great way to revitalize an urban historic area. What's going on around the new hospital? Are all the mobile homes still across from it? What about the old hospital? Wasn't it to be demolished for a major retail development?

As far as the area around the new hospital, there is a mix of small and large-scale office buildings being developed...only one completed at this point. The new Physicians Office Building 1, which ties into the hospital, is move-in ready now I believe. Also, they are pushing a large corporate office/retail park directly across from the hospital, but I do not believe it has gotten off the ground as of yet.

As far as the old hospital, the Atlanta-based company that was to develop the area with retail has backed out. However, I believe a Brentwood-based company has entered into an agreement to develop the area. Parts of the hospital are still being used until early next year...physician offices and the Lifelight helipad. Lifelight will be moving out to Outlaw Field, where they have built a new hanger, early next year. Some of the physicians have been waiting to move into the new Physicians Building 1, which should now be finished.

Also, we keep hearing rumors of all kinds of big box retail coming out to the Sango area. However, I believe they are all waiting for the 41-A widening project to begin, which has been pushed off due to the state's budget problems.