Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Its so funny that Eagleville has Urban growth boundaries. Raise your hand if you have been to Eagleville. Then you would know what I am talking about.

That's because it's an incorporated community in a fast-growing county. Were it unincorporated, it wouldn't have such boundaries.

• Like 1

TierPoint to build $20 million expansion to its data center in Franklin.  http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2017/01/26/tierpoint-investing-20m-franklin-data-center-expansion/97061238/

• TierPoint inherited the data center through buying Windstream Hosted Solutions in late 2015.
  • The latest expansion would more than double to 53,000 square feet size of the facility at 311 Eddy Lane.
  • TierPoint said nearly 20 percent of the space that it plans to add in Franklin have been pre-sold.
  • The TierPoint facility is one of two large standalone data centers in Williamson County with the other operated by Peak 10 Inc.

636210426944076272-Tierpoint.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Lebanon development:  CHICKEN!  CHICKEN!  CHICKEN!  South Hartmann Dr near I40 interchange development is a Bojangles store as they continue their expansion westward from the Upper Cumberland.  I believe the construction on South Cumberland near I40 is a Popeye's store....as I was told.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tragenvol said:

Lebanon development:  CHICKEN!  CHICKEN!  CHICKEN!  South Hartmann Dr near I40 interchange development is a Bojangles store as they continue their expansion westward from the Upper Cumberland.  I believe the construction on South Cumberland near I40 is a Popeye's store....as I was told.

There's also a Panera Bread being built in front of the Cracker Barrel!

Apparently a new 800,000 sqft LG plant is coming to Clarksville and bringing with it 500+ jobs. Per the article in the Leaf Chronicle, an announcement will be made in Nashville tomorrow. This continues the strong investment and job growth in middle Tennessee.

Edited by mbjjbbb
Spelling
  • Like 4

The decision was made on cost of new construction and changing position of the company. Since they started the T.S. campus, they have grown and acquired their largest competitor's (P&G's) pet care division for $3 billion. They will be staying at Cool Springs and moving to the new Ovation mixed used development underway now. 

Here is the related article about Ovation... http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/02/28/huge-employer-cements-deal-for-new-headquarters.html

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

This makes sense to me. I was scratching my head when they announced they were going to locate in Thompson's Station. If located there the majority of their employees would be travelling at least 20-30 minutes as opposed to locating in Nashville or Cool Springs.  Proximity to workers is paramount to attracting and retaining talent at the entry level and mid levels.