Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

I fail to see how any of the above are examples of "natural beauty"... and who said anything about living in highrises?

I think landscaped beauty is probably more apt, but there are great views of hills surrounding all of the development. 

I've defended Cool Springs on here before, but I really do think it isn't as bad as many around here say. As far as suburbia goes, its pretty much the best you could ask for. 

2 hours ago, henburg said:

I think landscaped beauty is probably more apt, but there are great views of hills surrounding all of the development. 

I've defended Cool Springs on here before, but I really do think it isn't as bad as many around here say. As far as suburbia goes, its pretty much the best you could ask for. 

Well, on that we can agree... as far as Nashville area suburbia goes it's about as good as it gets.  

Franklin and Cool Springs have restrictions on building on hilltops, so pretty much anywhere you stand in cool springs you can look around and see green hills. Plus there are a ton of trees everywhere, even the parking lots have spots with trees built into them to break the monotony and give shade. There are restrictions on billboards so you don’t have to stare at bunny bread advertisements while waiting for a green light (compare that to the drive down Hillsboro in Green Hills). There are lots of reasons to like Cool Springs. People who work there typically like working there, and people who live there like living there, from what I’ve gathered. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neigeville2 said:

^My office is there and I hate it.

I wasn’t speaking for everyone. My brother used to work for Mars in cool springs and he hated it too. I just meant that generally, by speaking with many people over the years, I get the impression that most like working there. But that’s just from what I’ve gathered, not through any scientific polling or anything. 

• Like 2

On 11/10/2017 at 8:34 AM, markhollin said:

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 8.29.02 AM.png

This picture is way later than the others.  Im going to say this is at the oldest 1997.  I lived off of General George patton from 1992- 1997.  for most of that time the closest Kroger was on highway 96 in franklin. this picture has a kroger in it so it has to be at least 1995 or 6.  but my freshman year at Centennial, 1996-1997, Mallory ln dead ended at Jordan road, and I had to go around to Liberty Pike.   and Mallory is mostly finished here, so 1997 at the earliest.

• Like 2

I know this is in Coffee County, but this thread seemed the best spot to place this story...

The Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival and Coffee County officials are nearing a deal to keep the festival in Manchester for the next several years, ease traffic congestion leading to the property and pave the way for more events at Great Stage Park.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2017/11/14/bonnaroo-nears-deal-remain-coffee-county-ease-traffic/857951001/

• Like 3

Williamson County has landed in the top 10 richest counties in the country, as ranked by Forbes magazine.

The county ranks seventh on the list with a median household income of $104,367.

“Williamson County attracts new business with low costs — it has the lowest county tax in the Nashville area, no state income tax and the Nashville area has a 4% lower cost of living than the national average,” Forbes wrote. The county came in ahead of Arlington County, Va., outside Washington, D.C., and home to many federal workers and contractors. Williamson was behind Los Alamos County, N.M., home to the Los Alamos National Laboratory.

The entire list is available at http://www3.forbes.com/business/the-10-richest-counties-in-america-2017.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Life Time Athletic Franklin opened the brand's first Nashville-area athletic resort at 5020 Carothers Parkway in early November. 

The $30 million, 124,000-square-foot building has 300 employees. Included in the complex are nine bodies of water throughout the indoor/outdoor aquatic centers, a full-treatment spa, two basketball courts, group exercise studios, a private medical practice and indoor/outdoor dining venues. The Franklin location is the 128th destination in North America for the Minnesota-based company.

To see 35 images of what this space has to offer, click on the link below:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/12/04/go-inside-franklins-new-30-million-athletic-resort.html

• Like 1

The City of Clarksville is planning some impressive projects appropriate for  city of it's size (150,000 +/- population).  One project that is getting some early attention from the City is a proposal for a performing arts center on the site of the Roxy Theater in downtown. The city has budgeted money to begin negotiations for purchase of the site.

37951828175_ab857e8b00_c.jpg

This will be a great and much needed addition to the City.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHofKS said:

The City of Clarksville is planning some impressive projects appropriate for  city of it's size (150,000 +/- population).  One project that is getting some early attention from the City is a proposal for a performing arts center on the site of the Roxy Theater in downtown. The city has budgeted money to begin negotiations for purchase of the site.

37951828175_ab857e8b00_c.jpg

This will be a great and much needed addition to the City.

Please tell me they aren't demolishing the Roxy Theater.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Please tell me they aren't demolishing the Roxy Theater.  

1 hour ago, PHofKS said:

That's the plan.

I am close friends with the manager and owner of the Roxy they are ecstatic about this plan. And before any "historians" jump on me, the building infrastructure is in shambles and is literally not worth salvaging. This plan is welcomed by many.

• Like 3

I really don't remember too much but recall reading about this plan several years ago, and think I remember there was part of the plan to save a facade or the marquee or both in the new auditorium. Basically, the new one was supposed to wrap around the old shell. Is that not the case? 

I have attended several theatrical performances there and it is not a place that would lend itself to renovation and still serve as a  large,  quality performance space.  There was a plan, some years ago, to build a new, but small regional theater, but unfortunately, the fundraising did not go well and the owners of the regional theater company, used the funds to pay operating expenses. As a regional theater, they had paid actors from all over the country who were provided living space and a salary for appearing in most of the plays presented in a season, and that gets expensive. 

I don't know how big the facility will be but hopefully they can host touring Broadway shows and musical acts.  Oddly, Austin Peay has one of the nation's top 10 performance halls a few blocks away, but it is only 600 seats. Nevertheless, a performance hall would help define Clarksville as an important city and a better place to live, work and play.

• Like 4

I drove by it last week (on my way to see my wife in the emergency room, naturally) and Lifetime was absolutely packed to the gills. I don't think there was a single open parking spot on the entire campus. 

Yes, $200 seems like a lot, but I have been told they even have full childcare AND that childcare includes fitness classes (e.g. martial arts, gymnastics) for the kiddos. Perfect for the WilCo suburbanite lifestyle. 

Edited by Vrtigo
  • Like 1