Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

• 2 weeks later...

Spring Hill has officially closed on its largest building purchase in the city's history. The city closed on the Workforce Development & Conference Center at Northfield for $8.18 million on Wednesday, according to a press release. The 38-acre property, just a stone's throw away from the General Motors Spring Hill plant, will allow the city to expand its municipal space.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/spring-hill/2017/12/28/spring-hill-closes-northfield-site-over-8-million/987175001/

Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 4.57.58 PM.png

Hill Center Brentwood Phase II.... http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/brentwood/2017/12/29/plans-proposed-phase-two-hill-center-brentwood/990804001/

Phase two would construct two new buildings for retail with a combined 19,606 square feet, a two-level parking garage with more than 300 spaces, a three-story office building and a four-story hotel with 141 rooms. 

636501583789867809-HillCenterPhase2.PNG

A design rendering of the planned connector between

• Like 1

Two projects in Williamson County:

1)  Heritage Medical Development Group and Heritage Medical Associates offices has broken ground on a 60,000 sq. ft. building at 1622 Westgate Circle, to be completed late this year.

2)  2 story Bell Self-Storage will have 100,000 square feet and be located at 236 Wilson Pike Circle on property previously home to Jim Johnson Landscaping.

Location of the Heritage Medical Building:

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.46.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.47.00 PM.png

• Like 1

A bunch of new hotels coming online in Williamson County:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2018/01/09/new-hotels-franklin-tourism-demand-williamson-county/1007451001/

What's under construction 

• Candlewood Suites, Murfreesboro Road (102 rooms)
  • Hyatt House, Mallory Green development,  Mallory Lane (125 rooms)
  • Harpeth Square, downtown Franklin (119 rooms)
  • Holiday Inn Express, Berry Farms (104 rooms)
  • Hilton Hotel, Corporate Center Drive, Cool Springs (244 rooms)

Renovation

• Quality Inn and Suites, Murfreesboro Road

Permit application in review

• Staybridge Suites, Mallory Green development, Mallory Lane

• Like 2

^ The Harpeth Square one is probably the biggest for the city. Not only because the project it’s a part of is enormous (for downtown Franklin), but because there’s a complete lack of hotels in Franklin when you’re not right off the interstate. A city of c.a. 75,000 and this is the first hotel that isn’t a 5 minute jaunt off of I-65, if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, volsfanwill said:

I wonder if the location maybe hopeful that csx will eventually allow for passenger service?  

The potential for commuter rail on the CSX line was considered but given a low weighting when comparing options. The primary factors were a site less than one mile from the Rutherford County Courthouse, larger than 2.5 acres, with good access and low environmental impacts. So yes, but it's more coincidental than intentional.

• Like 1

Home values are rising across Sumner County. At the end of 2016, the median price of a home was $259,900. A year later, in November 2017, the price was $316,690, an increase of $56,790, according to figures compiled by the Williamson County Association of Realtors, which tracks prices across the Nashville region.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/homes/2018/01/17/even-prices-rise-sumner-county-attractive-destination-home-buyers/1026600001/

13 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The Mack Hatcher bypass around the north side of Franklin finally to be completed.  Work to being in March:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2018/01/19/mack-hatcher-parkway-franklin-extended-what-took/945280001/

This is one of those projects that people have been talking about it for so long that it kind of became a joke. I moved to Franklin in 1998 and I’m pretty sure people were already joking about this extension at that point, definitely when I started high school in 2002 at FHS. I just can’t imagine a Franklin where this project actually happens, even when they start building I’ll still be wary and sceptical. It’s like how I felt when the cubs won the series: my eyes just saw it, but I still don’t believe it because I can’t imagine a world where the cubs aren’t hopeless. 

• Like 4