Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

The city or state bought some houses that used to be where Mack Hatcher intersected Hillsboro Road and demolished them probably 10 years back, and over the past few years they’ve been using that spot to store materials and dirt from where they’re widening Hillsboro in front of Franklin High. That may be what you’re thinking of, @MLBrumby. Out on New Hwy 96 near Westhaven I’ve seen them occasionally replace the stake markers that show where the road will go when a combine runs over them or something, but I’ve never seen anything besides the stakes out that far west  

They recently (the past 5 or 6 years) widened Mack Hatcher from 2 lanes to 4 with a big median from Franklin Road to Murfreesboro Pike. And the counterintuitively lowered the speed limit from 55 to 45 after they were done, too. I think maybe the eventual plan would be for it to be 4 lanes all the way around the city. 

• Like 1

Williamson County is the 7th wealthiest county in the nation, according to Forbes.  While I don't doubt that, Forbes is way off on their population.  They say Willco has a population of 489,250 while the Census Bureau says Willco has a population of 219,107.  And, of course, Forbes inexplicably shows a picture of downtown Nashville (yes, that picture) instead of Franklin.  It also looks like 6 of the 10 wealthiest counties are full of federal employees.  Anyway, here's the top 10 list:

county...median household income

1. Loudoun County VA (DC metro)...$125,900
  2. Falls Church VA (independent city which acts as its own county) (DC metro)...$122,092
  3. Fairfax County VA (DC metro)...$112,844
  4. Howard County MD (Baltimore metro)...$110,224
  5. Douglas County CO (Denver metro)...$109,926
  6. Los Alamos County NM...$107,126)
  7. Williamson County...$104,367
  8. Arlington County VA (DC metro)...$104,354
  9. Hunterdon County NJ (NYC metro)...$102,797
  10. Santa Clara County CA (Silicon Valley)...$102,191

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rebeccalerner/2017/07/13/top-10-richest-counties-in-america-2017/#747ddff2ef38

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jmtunafish said:

Williamson County is the 7th wealthiest county in the nation, according to Forbes.  While I don't doubt that, Forbes is way off on their population.  They say Willco has a population of 489,250 while the Census Bureau says Willco has a population of 219,107.  And, of course, Forbes inexplicably shows a picture of downtown Nashville (yes, that picture) instead of Franklin.  It also looks like 6 of the 10 wealthiest counties are full of federal employees.  Anyway, here's the top 10 list:

county...median household income

1. Loudoun County VA (DC metro)...$125,900
  2. Falls Church VA (independent city which acts as its own county) (DC metro)...$122,092
  3. Fairfax County VA (DC metro)...$112,844
  4. Howard County MD (Baltimore metro)...$110,224
  5. Douglas County CO (Denver metro)...$109,926
  6. Los Alamos County NM...$107,126)
  7. Williamson County...$104,367
  8. Arlington County VA (DC metro)...$104,354
  9. Hunterdon County NJ (NYC metro)...$102,797
  10. Santa Clara County CA (Silicon Valley)...$102,191

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rebeccalerner/2017/07/13/top-10-richest-counties-in-america-2017/#747ddff2ef38

Yeah, that is some pretty piss poor research they did.  It looks like the population they used was from Williamson County Texas, which is also a wealthy suburban county north of Austin home to places like Round Rock and Georgetown.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Yeah, that is some pretty piss poor research they did.  It looks like the population they used was from Williamson County Texas, which is also a wealthy suburban county north of Austin home to places like Round Rock and Georgetown.

It looks like that's what happened.  Forbes used Williamson County TN's median household income but Williamson County TX's population.  ugh

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When a small team of developers bought an 8-plus-acre tract of land fronting Clayton Arnold Road in Thompson’s Station in 2015 with the intent of developing a small neighborhood called Allenwood, the land across the street was a cow pasture. 

Today, that adjacent land houses the new K-8 Thompson’s Station Elementary and Middle schools, which are slated to open to students this fall.

This is just one example of the growth in the Thompson’s Station area. In addition to the schools, there have been a number of infrastructure improvements as well as new restaurants and retail popping up nearby. Neighboring Critz Lane is getting a much-needed facelift and traffic light, and homes continue to pop up in nearby master-planned communities such as Bridgemore Village and Canterbury. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/homes/2018/01/22/pocket-neighborhood-bridges-countryside-new-development-thompsons-station/1049457001/

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 7.17.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 7.18.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 7.18.25 AM.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, markhollin said:

Delek US Holdings, a publicly traded energy company, will expand its Brentwood headquarters and add 175 jobs, according to state officials. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/01/25/delek-us-holdings-add-175-local-jobs-brentwood-headquarters-expansion/1065343001/

This is really good news. I had heard speculation and rumors that Delek would move their HQ to Texas after they sold Mapco in 2016.

• Like 1

The Parkes Cos. Inc. plans to build an Element Hotel at the intersection of McEwen Drive and Mallory Lane. That crossroads, just west of Interstate 65, also features a Whole Foods Market (Nasdaq: AMZN) and Northside McEwen, a $270 million mixed-use development that is under construction.

Parkes and its partners have signed a franchise agreement for a 198-room Element hotel. It would be the featured piece of the "McEwen at Mallory" project that Parkes is pursuing on a 4-acre property it purchased for $7.3 million in March.

No renderings yet.  Full story behind the paywall at NBJ:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/01/25/marriott-brand-hotel-planned-near-franklins-whole.html

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 6.05.26 AM.png

• Like 1

MTSU is hoping to start a $38 million academic classroom building for its College of Behavioral and Health Sciences. The building will bring together the college’s departments of criminal justice, psychology and social work. It will also provide classrooms, offices and lab space for the university, according to a release from MTSU. Completion is planned for 2020.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20990772/notes-mtsu-eyes-38m-academic-building

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 10.19.37 AM.png

• Like 3

A 20-acre property that was home to A-Game Sportsplex in Franklin's Cool Springs commercial hub is scheduled to be sold at auction this month, after at least two previous deals fell through.

The starting bid is $4.25 million.  Ten-X is pitching the property as "well-positioned as [a] future corporate campus," potentially as an office building of 110,000 square feet to 175,000 square feet. "Conversion to office use would provide a unique, affordable leasing alternative — currently a scarce resource in Cool Springs," the company says in its listing.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/02/01/auction-set-for-franklins-a-game-sportsplex.html

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 8.35.34 AM.png

3 minutes ago, markhollin said:

A 20-acre property that was home to A-Game Sportsplex in Franklin's Cool Springs commercial hub is scheduled to be sold at auction this month, after at least two previous deals fell through.

The starting bid is $4.25 million.  Ten-X is pitching the property as "well-positioned as [a] future corporate campus," potentially as an office building of 110,000 square feet to 175,000 square feet. "Conversion to office use would provide a unique, affordable leasing alternative — currently a scarce resource in Cool Springs," the company says in its listing.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/02/01/auction-set-for-franklins-a-game-sportsplex.html

It was a fantastic venue in a HORRIBLE spot in Cool Springs.  Anytime there were hockey or volleyball tournaments, traffic would be insane.  I hope WillCo can find another location for a venue.  

• Like 1

I worked there in high school and it was so poorly run it was stunning. That much should be obvious just based on the fact that it was the only rink in Willco and it went out of business despite a huge demand. I'd love to see the Preds do another Ford Ice Center type project at a better location, because the area sorely misses it. 

• Like 1

After months of uncertainty, a controversial proposed development in Thompson's Station is back on the table — and Tiger Woods has rejoined the project. 

The Thompson's Station Planning Commission recommended rezoning nearly 687 acres to transect community (TC) to allow for the development of a mixed-use community and golf course, known to many residents as the Two Farms development, between Coleman Road and West Harpeth Road, east of Carter's Creek Pike. 

The rezoning is just the first step in the revived proposal, headed by Houston-based Beacon Land Development. 

Phase one of the project, which includes more than 1,200 acres, would include about 1,180 housing units, Beacon Land Development President Mike Abbott told the town's planning commission last month. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2018/02/02/tiger-woods-thompsons-station-two-farms-development/300614002/

Fresh Hospitality, restaurant company with over a dozen brands, including Vui's Kitchen, Biscuit Love and Tazikis, plans Liberty Station, a 57,000 commercial project with 18,000 retail/restaurant, 25,000 office and a branch for Liberty Financial at the SE corner of Carothers and Liberty in Franklin. Plans before city review board. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/02/13/first-looknashville-restaurant-giant-reveals-plans.html

5027.png?1518545178

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Another rendering of the Bigby development (NE corner of McEwen Drive and Carothers Parkway) in Cool Springs area that will feature 11 story/280,000 sq. ft. office building, 6 story/200 room boutique hotel, 6 story/330 unit apartment building, and two stand alone restaurants.

Bigby render, Cool Springs, Feb, 2018.png

When is this supposed to break ground? I completely forgot about this project, if I knew about it at all. That intersection is going to be insane if all these projects actually take off. 

1 hour ago, Pdt2f said:

When is this supposed to break ground? I completely forgot about this project, if I knew about it at all. That intersection is going to be insane if all these projects actually take off. 

Insane is an understatement.  4-5 Franklin Park buildings, the above mentioned project, Ovation, and whatever is across the street from Ovation.  Not to mention McEwen is turning into a massive artery between Brentwood (Wilson Pike) and Cool Springs.  And Liberty/Carothers is getting busier and busier.  There are additional phases to the Columbia State campus and apartments being built next to it.  McEwen and Cool Springs Blvd (around the round-a-bout) has a bunch of land waiting to be built on.  I used to live in McKays Mill on Liberty.  Glad I got out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

I don't recall seeing anything happening onsite. I had heard dirt would move this year, if all goes well

• Like 2