Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

• 2 weeks later...

More jobs for Clarksville? Not much detail yet.

2 Companies May Take Jobs To Clarksville

http://www.wsmv.com/...926/detail.html

With APSU, Ft. Campbell, easy access to I-24, and a diverse population, Clarksville is poised for major growth in the future. It just needs to shed it's good 'ole boy image. A good marketing campaigne is in order to overcome it.

James Opendra

• 1 month later...

With APSU, Ft. Campbell, easy access to I-24, and a diverse population, Clarksville is poised for major growth in the future. It just needs to shed it's good 'ole boy image. A good marketing campaigne is in order to overcome it.

James Opendra

Agreed^. These are exciting times for Clarksville. It will be interesting to see the new retail that will come to the area as well as the improvements to I-24. The good old boy image will be necessary to shed if the growth is expected to continue. However, with a growing university and new people in its job market, it won't be terribly difficult. Investment in making Clarksville a metropolitan air port as well as investment into infrastructure upgrades will also be necessary as the city grows. Clarksville, should also market its proximity to tax free groceries, 6% on clothing and electronics and scenic routes via Kentucky in combination to its no state income tax and low business tax via Tennessee. Being right in the center of things will help coporations understand cost cutting strategies by locating to the city.

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed^. These are exciting times for Clarksville. It will be interesting to see the new retail that will come to the area as well as the improvements to I-24. The good old boy image will be necessary to shed if the growth is expected to continue. However, with a growing university and new people in its job market, it won't be terribly difficult. Investment in making Clarksville a metropolitan air port as well as investment into infrastructure upgrades will also be necessary as the city grows. Clarksville, should also market its proximity to tax free groceries, 6% on clothing and electronics and scenic routes via Kentucky in combination to its no state income tax and low business tax via Tennessee. Being right in the center of things will help coporations understand cost cutting strategies by locating to the city.

Ironically, a great deal of Kentuckians shop in Clarksville/Tennessee. Go out to the mall area (Governor's Mall) and you can literally count hundereds of cars with Kentucky license plates.

Speaking of the mall, why not market the Two Rivers Mall as an outlet? A smaller version of Opry Mills perhaps? An excellent central city location. Any thoughts here?

James Opendra

Ironically, a great deal of Kentuckians shop in Clarksville/Tennessee. Go out to the mall area (Governor's Mall) and you can literally count hundereds of cars with Kentucky license plates.

Speaking of the mall, why not market the Two Rivers Mall as an outlet? A smaller version of Opry Mills perhaps? An excellent central city location. Any thoughts here?

James Opendra

Two Rivers Mall as an outlet mall is a great idea. Something similar to Lebanon Premium Outlets could happen as I'd love another Ralph Lauren Polo store in the region. The central location and size of the shopping center could be expanded. As you have mentioned, many Kentucky shoppers flock to the region for shopping already. Clarksville could adopt some design standards though. Two Rivers Mall and Governor's Square Mall are not pleasing to the eye. I'm kind of surprised Clarksville does not have at least two decent sized malls. Clarksville is severely underserved in the retail market compared to similar cities in size (Murfreesboro, Chattanooga).

Edited by Justiceham

Two Rivers Mall as an outlet mall is a great idea. Something similar to Lebanon Premium Outlets could happen as I'd love another Ralph Lauren Polo store in the region. The central location and size of the shopping center could be expanded. As you have mentioned, many Kentucky shoppers flock to the region for shopping already. Clarksville could adopt some design standards though. Two Rivers Mall and Governor's Square Mall are not pleasing to the eye. I'm kind of surprised Clarksville does not have at least two decent sized malls. Clarksville is severely underserved in the retail market compared to similar cities in size (Murfreesboro, Chattanooga).

That's true. I cannot believe how the population has grown since I was in school there. It is so spread out in terms of square miles. Even with bypasses and alt. routes it can take a long time to get from one side of town to the other.

J Opendra

• 2 months later...

Found this while looking for something about the apartments by Bristol going in at the sold Lionstone parcel.

Bell Historic Franklin

http://www.bristolde...ortfolio_fd.htm

Located in Historic Franklin, Tennessee, just east of The Factory, and close to downtown shopping, fine dining and entertainment.

15.1 Acres

218 Units

112 One-Bedroom Units

100 Two-Bedroom Units

6 Three-Bedroom Townhomes

966 Square Foot average

Construction Start Date - August 2011 (Construction has commenced!)

bellhistoricfranklinimg.jpg

Edited by timmay143

Interesting. That project was called Jamison Station and they got the first couple of buildings done before the developer went belly-up. It's a great new urbanist section of town that the city is already internally seeing as a TOD because it's where Franklin's station will go when we get some form of regional transit.

• 2 weeks later...

That's cool. I know I've seen some urban type things near downtown Franklin before. I think they were some town houses built a few year back. Franklin has a great downtown area, and it is great to see them utilizing it in an urban way. Downtown Franklin has some great older houses around too. The same goes for Murfreesboro.

Here are some photos from CS. I saw three projects there the other night while eating at Chuy's. Four cranes total! I don't know what they are. I'll do some research or if anyone knows and wants to shed some light on the mystery.

First one with a mobile crane. I've posted a (poor) shot of this one before. It is on the east side of 65 and farthest north.

6117624672_0b42cb58b0_b.jpg

Untitled by timmay143, on Flickr

Here is the second one. It has a steel frame up and is located on the east side as well but a little further south. It has two cranes. It is not visible in this shot.

6117069397_89121a643a_b.jpg

Same project and you can see both cranes.

6115133744_a90383b4ca_b.jpg

Here is just a shot of the CS area.

6115130094_2a70e9a39c_b.jpg

This is the third one. In the middle of the picture in the distance. It looks close to being complete. This was taken from the CS Blvd off ramp of 65S. You can see the Nissan NA HQ on the left.

6115126462_78f11aec87_b.jpg

Another shot at the intersection of Mallory and CS Blvd.

6114578489_5c50ba915d_b.jpg

Here are some close ups.

picnikfile_skhURc by timmay143, on Flickr

6117950452_f39520915f.jpg

picnikfile_6tccNV by timmay143, on Flickr

6117955756_639b2e9ce6.jpg

picnikfile_V_cxrY by timmay143, on Flickr

picnikfile_A7WHUM by timmay143, on Flickr

6117924600_4585f71d18.jpg

picnikfile_iuLqe1 by timmay143, on Flickr

Edited by timmay143

I saw the same cranes up myself and yes the third and the last are the Drury Hotel. The rest I am not sure. There was suppose to be a new IRS building on McEwen and I don't know if that has started yet or not. I do know there was a spec office building being built as well. but as for location I don't know.

• 3 weeks later...

Posted this in the new Wilson Co./Lebanon/Mt. Juliet thread I started. Murfreesboro and Lebanon are getting new Amazon.con distribution centers!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20111007/NEWS01/111007024/Amazon-targets-Murfreesboro-Lebanon-new-sites?odyssey=tab{sodEmoji.|}topnews{sodEmoji.|}img{sodEmoji.|}FRONTPAGE

• 4 months later...

New call center for Franklin.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120224/BUSINESS01/302240135/-1/7daysarchives/Franklin-call-center-opens-150-jobs-possible

A direct marketer is expanding its presence in Franklin, which could create as many as 150 jobs.

Affinion Group Inc. opened a call center at its 801 Crescent Centre Drive facility on Friday, company spokesman Michael Bush said. The company plans to initially hire 100 to 120 people, with employment ultimately expected to peak at 150 or so, he said.

Affion, headquartered in Stamford, Conn., already employs about 500 in Williamson County.

Potential of the last bit of land in MF being developed. That and the demo of the Murray site.

Brentwood acreage awaits development - Grading work could start soon on last big chunk of land in huge office park

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120305/WILLIAMSON08/303050022/Brentwood-acreage-awaits-development?odyssey=mod{sodEmoji.|}mostview

• 3 weeks later...

This thread will be dedicated to projects outside Davidson County, yet relevant to Nashville Development. The previous thread was deleted due to name calling and personal criticism of other forum posters. People on this site come from a variety of political, religious, and philosophical beliefs. Everyone's voice will be heard without personal attacks. One can respond to a post without judging others. We must be civil to one another. Therefore feel free to post, but if you disagree with someone, please use an educated, academic, and thoughtful response. There is no need to use terms like Illogical, idiotic, stupid, contradictory, or use politically charged jargon or words that incite rhetoric and start arguments.

Now, lets start over please.

MT

I think a lot of us agree that we would rather have the spec office space projects located in Davidson County, but I think the reason for the hostility lies with people sharing some rather hateful view of the suburbs and their inhabitants.

If we are going to have a project thread for things located outside of Davidson County, that sort of commentary needs to be absent, in my opinion. If we include that, then we're not really talking about out of county projects and proposals...we're talking about how much we hate the suburbs. That's not really helpful to the discussion.

Well, it's still Davidson county but since it's the county-line-hoppers, I will include it here.

Driving home from work today put me past Seven Springs, and ground work appears to be happening for the Lifepoint Hospitals HQ relocation. Equipment is on site and getting dirty. If I drive by there this weekend I will take pics and upload.

Edited by dmillsphoto

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Speaking of hotels...

Talk of boutique hotel in Franklin is earnest

http://www.tennessea...lliamson County

Archival purposes:

Talk of boutique hotels is again ramping up in downtown Franklin, and one land owner said he is on the verge of signing a deal that would finally turn those rumors into reality.

Local developer Jay Franks said that a vacant, 2-acre parcel off Second Avenue North is under contract while a hotelier pulls together the financing. Though the deal is not finalized, Franks said he is confident the project will move forward and expects to begin talking with neighboring property owners early next month about the impact of a 100-room boutique hotel.

The lot, at 122 Second Ave. N., is next door to the former public defender’s office and across the street from the Williamson County office of The Tennessean.

“There’s just a good opportunity to redevelop that entire block,” Franks said.

Franklin leaders for years have toyed with selling or leasing a portion of its City Hall property at 109 Third Ave. S. to a boutique hotel developer. The city would use money from that deal to help pay for building a new city hall on the site. Franklin’s plan had an early cost estimate of $18 million to $20 million.

The national recession quieted much of the discussion about a possible boutique hotel deal until recently. City Administrator Eric Stuckey recently asked city staff to re-evaluate whether the city’s overall plan still makes sense in today’s economy. A final review date has not been set.

City aldermen have supported rezoning the 4.27-acre City Hall property from civic/institutional to a mixed-use designation through two of three votes. A third and final vote to rezone the property has not been scheduled yet.

Nashville developer Bill Barkley, who has been working with a hotel company for the City Hall site, said there’s a strong enough market in downtown Franklin that two smaller hotels could work.

“I think it’s great, actually,” said Barkley, who was involved in the redevelopment of the Gulch neighborhood in Nashville. “I think the market for boutique hotels is big enough for two boutique hotels.”

Barkley declined to name which boutique hotel company is interested in the City Hall property, but he said they want to build a 90- to 100-room hotel.

Likewise, Franks said he is not ready to name the company eyeing his property.

Mark Shore, executive director of the Williamson County Convention and Visitors Bureau, said he is aware of Franks’ potential deal and agreed with Barkley that the market here for this type of lodging is strong. Tourists routinely ask whether Franklin has a hotel in its downtown and whether there are nearby bed-and-breakfast options. The city has neither, said Shore.

Even with two boutique hotels, that niche would not cannibalize the Cool Springs market, he said.

Zoning regulations would allow for a hotel on Franks’ property, though boutique hotels are not defined in the ordinance. City officials this month are expected to consider adding that language, according to a spokesperson.

Two hotels in the 15-block downtown area could work because Franklin’s downtown has grown to add more stores, restaurants and the Franklin Theatre, which makes it more of a draw to visitors, while downtown Franklin itself is also a factor, Barkley said.

“There’s a real strong customer base for hotels in areas where there’s walkable districts, like in an urban area or a downtown,” Barkley said.

Developer Preston Ingram, who owns property off East Main Street near the Harpeth River that he’s advertising as suitable for a boutique hotel, did not return calls seeking comment for this story.

I was curious if anyone knew anything about the plans in Brentwood for the old Murray building(being razed now) and the Tennessee Baptist convention building? The Baptist convention just sold their building to GBT, who is codeveloping the Murray building with HG Hill. I would anticipate the Baptist building being razed as well, creating a contiguous 16 or 17 acre lot in the heart of Brentwood. This is a pretty serious development and no one has really said a word about it on this board.