Vertis Green Hills, 19 stories, 301 apartments, 67,000 sq. ft. retail/office, $125 million

dmillsphoto

28 minutes ago, UTgrad09 said:

Transporting important equipment to the roof...

Surely hope they double- and triple-check those slings during transit.  Would hate for one of 'em to flop off or become partially loose and shift, with the release of a flying cesspool onto Richard Jones Rd, for it to smear the windshield of an Escalade or two.  BTW you were floating around about a mile from me, as the crow flies, although I wasn't likely in the area then, during daylight.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Nice shots. You really got out and about today. Some of your vantage points (I swear) must be from a drone. 

Hahaha!! Thanks!! I haven't fell yet, that's the important thing! I put safety first, but some of places I have been are a little scary. Some these older parking garages seem to defy gravity :shok:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This development will now go by the name "Vertis Green Hills."  From today's Nashville Post:

Nashville-based Southern Land Co. announced Wednesday that Vertis Green Hills will be the name of its mixed-used project underway at 4000 Hillsboro Pike. In a release, the company said construction of the 18-story residential tower will top out in March, and pre-leasing for apartments is expected to commence in June. The two-building development — for which a website is now live — is scheduled to be finished in December.

For the retail component of the project, SLC has signed leases with fine jeweler Mednikow, upscale health-food dining option True Food Kitchen and steak lounge and restaurant Char.

Vertis Green Hills will offer 310 high-end apartment units and penthouses ranging from 580 to 3,456 square feet. It will include approximately 85,000 square feet of commercial space for office, retail and restaurants

“Vertis Green Hills will set new standards of quality for office, residential, dining and retail in Green Hills,” Tim Downey, SLC founder and CEO, said in the release. “It will bring people together, promote walkability and healthy living and serve as a vibrant center of community life.” The name is derived from the Latin root ‘vert’ — which means turn or convert — and “emphasizes the transformative nature of the project and community,” the release notes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Nashtitans said:

This and 222 are probably the 2 slowest projects to go up. It feels like this has been in development for years

Vertis has gone up at a normal pace for the footprint of the building, litigation just slowed the groundbreaking. The demolition of the gas station and coffeehouse seems like forever ago.

Edited by claya91
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Tenants in the retail/commercial space at Vertis Green Hills are starting to be announced.  Here are four:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2017/03/30/corepower-yoga-among-4-new-tenants-green-hills/99819590/

Looking forward to hearing the restaurant announcements, GH is severely lacking in fast casual dining options.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...