Vertis Green Hills, 19 stories, 301 apartments, 67,000 sq. ft. retail/office, $125 million

dmillsphoto

I just could never bring myself to pay what they’ll be asking for one of those units. I mean, I’m glad they’re building some density and it’s kind of cool they are so high on Nashville that they’re willing to build such a large project in a non-core neighborhood, but I just can’t stand Green Hills and I would only want to live there with extreeeeeemly cheap rent. Just my opinion of course. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, markhollin said:

Vertis Green Hills has announced two new restaurants being added to it's line-up:

Santo is being developed by the team behin Epice, the Lebanese restaurant in 12 South. It is slated to occupy 2,061 square feet of space, will feature modern Mediterranean cuisine. according to a news release.

Brixx Wood Fired Pizza will also be added.

Previously announced culinary options Char Restaurant and True Food Kitchen.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/06/06/towering-green-hills-project-adds-mediterranean.html

Good news as we need more restaurant options and Epice is one of the best restaurants in town.  Food there is fresh and somewhat different but not to the degree some might think.  I know many on here are not fans of Green Hills, but I've been here 35 years and I wouldn't live anywhere else.  I know how to maneuver the traffic issues, which are legitimate, and I don't mind walking from Hill Place and Y, to the mall....yes you can do that.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Southern Land Co. will be moving their Cool Springs office to their new Vertis Green Hills Development, taking up the top (4th) floor of the structure facing Hillsboro Rd. 

More at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21023865/notes-planning-staff-recommend-tower-approval

• Like 3

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ All of those things are literally within a two block walk---but perhaps some people need to have EVERYTHING on their doorstep.  Sheesh.  

Haha touche'... that, I was not aware of.  I definitely don't think everything needs to be on someone's doorstep.  I just live in a two story walk-up here, so I have to walk to everything and I am fine with it.  Still though, I don't really understand the point of all the retail space in these new residential buildings if it is all going to go to 'luxury' stuff that a tiny percentage of the population uses.  

• Like 1

I think that's just the normal order of things, starting with new retail space. First you get the high dollar tenants, usually chains. Not coincidentally they tend to be the latest fads and have a bigger budget for rent. Then oversaturation of particular retailers creates the shakeout and space sits empty. Building owners don't like empty storefronts. Rents come down enough to lure in another service geared more to something the residents in/around the building need. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I think that's just the normal order of things, starting with new retail space. First you get the high dollar tenants, usually chains. Not coincidentally they tend to be the latest fads and have a bigger budget for rent. Then oversaturation of particular retailers creates the shakeout and space sits empty. Building owners don't like empty storefronts. Rents come down enough to lure in another service geared more to something the residents in/around the building need. 

Very good points... I'm probably being unfair, as I'm used to more established urban neighborhoods that have already been 'lived in' for quite a while and have already had the chance to balance out.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Very good points... I'm probably being unfair, as I'm used to more established urban neighborhoods that have already been 'lived in' for quite a while and have already had the chance to balance out.  

I agree with your original point though. Like how many freaking yoga studios do we need in this city. 

I actually read an article recently where the author was making the point that many millennials are satisfying their need for a deep community connection, the kind which previous generations always satisfied through church, with yoga and CrossFit. So maybe these neighborhoods have CrossFit and yoga studios on every corner for the same reason that their parents and grandparents hometowns have churches on every corner. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nashwatcher said:

How long do you predict until we hear another tower announcement for Green Hills?

Well, this has to help the cause as this impresses me considering it says these units won't really be ready until the end of the year:

"Those 17th- and 18th-floor apartments rent for between $6,200 to $14,000 per month. Seven of the 14 are already leased."

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DDIG said:

Well, this has to help the cause as this impresses me considering it says these units won't really be ready until the end of the year:

"Those 17th- and 18th-floor apartments rent for between $6,200 to $14,000 per month. Seven of the 14 are already leased."

People will pay a lot of money to walk to Trader Joe's rather than park.  The law of scarcity at work.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DDIG said:

8A8DA163-E01B-49CD-95A2-E784EF2BA32F.gif

• Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 8:02 AM, nashwatcher said:

How long do you predict until we hear another tower announcement for Green Hills?

I still don't understand how they got this one past the rich NIMBYs over there. Are there other sites in green hills that are zoned for this kind of height?