Major Events in Charlotte

cltbwimob

You are right. I'm not sure either what the minimum seating capacity has to be but I think I read somewhere they were rethinking the mega-seating requirements. Still, this wish speaks to my bigger wishes of a retractable roof over BofA Stadium or its successor. I've always thought that was a missed opportunity.

While it may have been a missed opportunity from the standpoint of hosting one huge event every 5-10 years (or more), I'm personally glad BofA Stadium is open air.  The game-day experience in a dome just isn't the same.  Football is supposed to be played in the elements, and that's part of the fun for fans.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I lived through the 1982 World's Fair in your Knoxville, Tennesssee. I was in law school at UT.

Every night, the 1982 World's Fair ("you've GOT to be THERE!") closed with fireworks. As the law library where I toiled away was but a few scant blocks from the 1982 World's Fair ("you've GOT to be THERE!") I had nearly 3 months of fireworks, night after night.

It was years before I could enjoy fireworks again.

Please no World's Fair. How embarrassing.

Go Vols! Grew up in Knoxville and went to UT.

Archived