Buckingham Gulch Tower 38 Floors, 450+ ft., 345 residential units, 4,900 sq. ft. retail

Paramount747

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:08 PM, titanhog said:

I'm really excited about this development.  Where it will sit on the edge of the "loop" and with a 450+ height will significantly change our skyline...maybe even more than 505.  This thing will look like a behemoth and stretch the eye when viewing our skyline from certain perspectives.

I will be even more excited when we start to hear noise about it.  Any updates or whispers anyone has heard?

I think the biggest threat to this project is the national economy.  There are some concerns for a national slowdown. It's been 7 years of growth and we're due to have a recession anytime now.  Even locally we're seeing fewer projects in the distant horizon than we had been seeing because of the concern that we've overbuilt.  I really hope this project and the 5th+Broadway get started before that inevitable slowdown happens.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Hey_Hey said:

I think the biggest threat to this project is the national economy.  There are some concerns for a national slowdown. It's been 7 years of growth and we're due to have a recession anytime now.  Even locally we're seeing fewer projects in the distant horizon than we had been seeing because of the concern that we've overbuilt.  I really hope this project and the 5th+Broadway get started before that inevitable slowdown happens.

I was thinking that too. We're in another bubble like '08, so Buckingham could turn out like Signature.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2016 at 4:38 PM, Paramount747 said:

Bump since this has been awhile and there has been discussion whether this will be built at all.

There were surveyors over there maybe November'ish. This was never to have started in any visible fashion until this fall so barring any announcement I wouldn't think anything is wrong unless we get into 2017 with no progress.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, wreynol4 said:

I noticed that person posting on skyscrapercity literally posted under every thread for nearly all projects going on and announced as if he/she is in the "know".  He said this and the old convention center are dead, let's hope not.

After looking at all of those posts, they seem to be reminiscent of someone who is just giving their best-guess based on 2+2.  I didn't see any information given that really seemed like "inside info."  Not to say that these projects will definitely happen...but I'd like to see info from another source before throwing in the towel on this and the old CC site.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, titanhog said:

After looking at all of those posts, they seem to be reminiscent of someone who is just giving their best-guess based on 2+2.  I didn't see any information given that really seemed like "inside info."  Not to say that these projects will definitely happen...but I'd like to see info from another source before throwing in the towel on this and the old CC site.

For sure, every comment was really, really general and he was pretty much a new member there.  Since I joined this site, I mainly read this one, rarely post here and almost never post there anymore.  I know Gulch Buckingham is not as likely as the old convention center, but I really, really, reallly hope the Old convention center is still on even if its scaled back.

• Like 1