Buckingham Gulch Tower 38 Floors, 450+ ft., 345 residential units, 4,900 sq. ft. retail

Paramount747

14 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I heard through the legal world grapevine that Buckingham ran into money trouble. They're not a large company and they "bit off more than they could chew".  I think they haven't made any large announcements in years. 

I kinda wish they had never made this announcement....  Oh well,  maybe they'll sell the property and a new developer will see the same potential as  the Buckingham Tower.   I know it's highly unlikely, but maybe a developer will buy the property and the plans and move forward with it.   Hey, there's always a smidgen of hope... :)

• Like 1

Beautiful building idea. If what I heard is true, then that would explain why this never got built at the most favorable time in the core to build high rise residential buildings. This thing was announced years before the Amazon announcement. 

1 hour ago, PillowTalk4 said:

I kinda wish they had never made this announcement....  Oh well,  maybe they'll sell the property and a new developer will see the same potential as  the Buckingham Tower.   I know it's highly unlikely, but maybe a developer will buy the property and the plans and move forward with it.   Hey, there's always a smidgen of hope... :)

That is kind of my thought.  Given the lot size and increased value, perhaps a new developer nabs it and puts something really nice and nice-sized there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Latest update is that 2.5 years after they applied for water & sewer availability permits, it is still unclear if Buckingham is ever moving forward on the 38 story tower. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/plans-remain-unclear-for-gulch-project-on-long-term-hold/article_cd753820-d785-11ec-bea3-f35c005a6ebc.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know what's going on at the Buckingham lot on the southwest corner of 12th Ave S and Division?  All the brush was cleared making it easy to just walk off the cliff in the back where the lot is by the interstate.  I can't imagine this hazard remaining in place for months.

IMG_9233.thumb.jpg.cdad0ac890c9a1c4e9b742249b7b2f73.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...