Buckingham Gulch Tower 38 Floors, 450+ ft., 345 residential units, 4,900 sq. ft. retail

Paramount747

I think when it comes down to the end of the day, it's the 20 story version is what we will get.

Probably.

What makes you guys say this?  Just hunch, or something more?

I for one hope the 38 story design is approved.  Sentiments I have heard recently seem to be majority (though not unanimously) in favor.  

What makes you guys say this?  Just hunch, or something more?

I for one hope the 38 story design is approved.  Sentiments I have heard recently seem to be majority (though not unanimously) in favor.  

Just typical Nashville.  I have zero definitive evidence to prove this will happen, I just know this town well enough to know what gets promised is not what's usually delivered.  With that said, I'm cautiously optimistic that the 38-floor version will, in fact, get built.

Glimmer of hope for you... Buckingham is an out of town developer, and the out of town guys mean business (just look at the speed and deliberation at the Skyhouse site)... and it seems that they have presented an "either-or" scenario to the planning commission.  There's a drastic difference between the two.  And of course, they did not deviate (almost not at all) from their original plan for the Aertson (and didn't they even go taller by a floor?).  So Buckingham is not Giarratana (or Turnberry for that matter), in that their projects do not get smaller.

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

I would encourage anyone interested in seeing the 38 story version approved to actually attend the meeti tomorrow and speak in favor of it. It is easy to do (I've done it previously). A non-investor voice in favor that speaks clearly and raises legitimate points makes a great deal of difference.  Most people go to these when they are against something, but most people who are in favor of it do not attend.

I have been amazed at what interested, well reasoned citizens can accomplish in Nashville if they are willing to take the initiative. It's there for the taking.  

What are the details on tonight's meeting?  Maybe if we put them out on the forum some folks will show up.

What are the details on tonight's meeting?  Maybe if we put them out on the forum some folks will show up.

Every other THURSDAY, 1:00 p.m., at 700 Second Avenue S . This is the Howard School complex. So today at 1pm.

Here is the agenda: http://www.nashville.gov/document/ID/c44e9c1e-a5b0-4fbd-aec7-f430606704cd/September-17-2015

• Like 1

It is in front of the Board of Zoning Appeals today at 1PM. It is in meeting room/auditorium located at 700 2nd Ave S.  When the topic comes up they will ask for supporters and opponents who want to speak.  You can also approach the Metro staffer who sits at the left side of the desks to tell them you want to speak and they will make sure you know how it works. 

• Like 2

Every other THURSDAY, 1:00 p.m., at 700 Second Avenue S . This is the Howard School complex. So today at 1pm.

Here is the agenda: http://www.nashville.gov/document/ID/c44e9c1e-a5b0-4fbd-aec7-f430606704cd/September-17-2015

It is in front of the Board of Zoning Appeals today at 1PM. It is in meeting room/auditorium located at 700 2nd Ave S.  When the topic comes up they will ask for supporters and opponents who want to speak.  You can also approach the Metro staffer who sits at the left side of the desks to tell them you want to speak and they will make sure you know how it works. 

Wish I could go.  Can't make a 1pm today.  Thanks for the info.

I'd like to go right now, but from 6th and Charlotte (Capitol Hill), if I caught the Purple Line circulator at either 4th and Union (if on detour) or Union between 1st and 2nd, then I'd miss the last bus departing Fulton at 2pm and be stranded from my office.
-==-

There was very little opposition to the project. The most vocal came from a resident of 1212 that really does not have a hog to run in the race unless you count her. The only other concern was the pool on the south end of the Icon. One of the residents of Terrazzo was not really against the project in the end and basically supported it.

i got the feeling at least two board members would have voted for it right then and there if it were voted on. I think two more would be leaning that way.

• Like 3

Do they give a reason for deferrals? Does this reopen the public comment window? I sent a message to Scott Travis in support but I can snail mail the bza if I have two weeks. 

You can email your letter to the BZA and include it in the discussion.  Metro actually scans all letters and makes them part of the public record available online.  [email protected]