Buckingham Gulch Tower 38 Floors, 450+ ft., 345 residential units, 4,900 sq. ft. retail

Paramount747

• dmillsphoto changed the title to Buckingham Gulch Tower 38 Floors|450+ Feet | In Design |Proposed| 2019

Here is the article from the Post. Height would be right at 450'.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2015/8/28/gulch_site_targeted_for_skyscraper

If we're being nitpicky on threads, didn't we have a "sliver lot" proposal thread a while ago? :rolleyes:

There have been several, but this is the first proposal with legs and a rendering.

• Like 2

The use of the gold and blue colors will really stand out. As far as a box, most residential towers have a flat roof to accommodate a pool area. Hopefully if approved and built, there would be a rooftop pool like the Veridian has.

I am planning on going to this MDHA meeting for sure!

Edited by smeagolsfree
  • Like 1

I could see this starting by the end of the year. They have deep pockets, and the demand is there. I think they will sell out rather quickly. It is easier to finance apartments, but I think they will get sold quickly.

I think they may get the height variance. Even if they don't, I think they build something in the 20-25 story range. Pretty soon there will not be any difference in the Gulch and Downtown. Remember, Palmer got his height variance for the WES Summitt towers which were 400+ feet back 5-10 years ago.

One has to wonder why they don't buy Palmers  empty hole and start. Palmer got the height variance, and he has excavation done. 

Fantastic looking project. I really hope they get approval. A building this big on a tiny site would really be a new paradigm for density in our city. In its location, right by the interstate, who would this slender sexy big tower hurt? Awesome.

I could see this starting by the end of the year. They have deep pockets, and the demand is there. I think they will sell out rather quickly. It is easier to finance apartments, but I think they will get sold quickly.

I think they may get the height variance. Even if they don't, I think they build something in the 20-25 story range. Pretty soon there will not be any difference in the Gulch and Downtown. Remember, Palmer got his height variance for the WES Summitt towers which were 400+ feet back 5-10 years ago.

One has to wonder why they don't buy Palmers  empty hole and start. Palmer got the height variance, and he has excavation done. 

The Palmer site isn't even as close to a prime residential site as anything would be in the Gulch. West End isn't really walkable. It isn't a great pedestrian experience. It works for hotel and office right now.

The Gulch is an urban living oasis. Just go to Bar Louie and people watch!!!! Wow.

The base seems to be parking, so not much excavation! This could go up fast!

From adult bookstore to pay lot to (potentially) a 38-story tower.  Nice transformation.

Ahhh....fond memories of the Adult Bookstore........just kidding. Well..... went in there once...maybe twice..... It was very nicely done. Clean, modern, a bit sophisticated, and brightly lit. Oh well, The old adult bookstores are gone forever:( THANK YOU INTERNET!!!!!!!!!:yahoo:

• Like 2

This looks like something you would see proposed for Houston or Atlanta. And I mean that in a good way. Does this represent a jump up to the next league?

And whoa! SOM (Skidmore Owings and Merrill)??? It would be only the second Nashville building by them that I know of, the other being the National Life/Snodgrass State Office Building.

Edited by PHofKS
  • Like 1

Wow, I was NOT expecting to see this when I got home from work and hopped on the message board!  She's an absolute beauty...if you're going to do a glass box, this is how it should be done!  I'm so glad that they're taking full advantage of this prime site.  I kind of feared that because the lot was so small and awkwardly shaped that it would be ignored by developers for a long time to come.

• Like 2