Buckingham Gulch Tower 38 Floors, 450+ ft., 345 residential units, 4,900 sq. ft. retail

Paramount747

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

The company's CEO made it clear back when ground was broken for Aertson that they would not even proceed with the Gulch project until Aertson was complete. 

Agreed.  That's what I was about to say.  I have zero 'inside sources,' on anything having anything to do with Nashville development, so perhaps the rumblings heard by others of this project's demise are indeed accurate.  But I don't think simply not hearing anything about this project moving forward yet is a sign of anything negative for the very reason you stated.  This was never intended to move forward until Buckingham's other ventures in the city were wrapped up and complete.  We shall see!  Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

They do own the property I think.  And they also said that even if the tall version doesn't pan out that they'll still almost certainly build a residential building more like 20 or so floors eventually anyway.  I'm pretty sure their approval from the city to build the tall version lasts until October 2017, so I would definitely expect that we'll hear more about this in the spring or summer.

• Like 3

New York is building pencil or super slim buildings everywhere now.  That style is starting to spread into other parts of the country as developers want to get more bang out of their small plots without having to purchase additional property.  Quite honestly the pencil buildings are less obtrusive than those that have a footprint that takes up half a block or more.  I've walked past a few in NYC and when you're at street level you don't realize just how tall it is because it has such a relatively small footprint.  But when you are driving into Manhattan from surrounding areas you can see the great impact they have from a distance.

Here's a link to an interesting video on Super Slender Building...

The Super Slender Revolution

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

No new news here other than they are basically wiating to see what the market does. They will not build just to build it because theyare out of time. The more time that passes weather it is this or any project does not bode well. Perfect example, WES.

WES isn't a perfect example for anything, other than epic failure. It is an outlier. Most of these non-starting developments that end up being pie-in-the-sky, hit-the-cycle-at-the-wrong-time or unable to finance just fall through, and people either regroup/start over or move on. WES is a glaring example of how arrogance and ego can not only kill a project, but salt the Earth in the process. Nothing happens on that property until Palmer dies, or he sells to avoid financial problems. Any future project that is proposed on that land is dead before it starts as long as it is owned by Alex S. Palmer. You can't say that about most any other (even pie-in-the-sky) developments.

• Like 4