Buckingham Gulch Tower 38 Floors, 450+ ft., 345 residential units, 4,900 sq. ft. retail

Paramount747

I was just thinking about this last night. There are 6600 higher paying jobs coming to the downtown area. We will need the units. I suspect we may see some of the recent announcements start sooner than we thought and some new high rise residential proposals pop up in the next few months.

The ones I could think of off my head. This represents somewhere around 4200 to 4400 units. An est. only. Now not everyone will be living downtown and this is not counting the current rate of fill for the new apartments. We are going to need a lot more.

Under construction:

5th + Broad apartments 34 story/380 units

Apartments at Nashville Yards 18 story/? units

Broadwest residential 34 story/220 units

Alliance Stockyard 5 story/310

Kenect 21 story/420 units

Broadstone SOBRO 7 story/271 units

Endeavor 1200 Broadway 27 story/362 units

Proposed:

Buckingham residential  38 story/?

HRI residential tower 24 story/?

805 Lea 31 story

Sixth Ave South 10 story/?

Broadstone SOBRO 10 story/?

Four Seasons Residences 40 story/?

Paramount 60/200 units

Endeavor Gulch Union 28 stories/?

The Derby 4 story/285 units

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

I was just thinking about this last night. There are 6600 higher paying jobs coming to the downtown area. We will need the units. I suspect we may see some of the recent announcements start sooner than we thought and some new high rise residential proposals pop up in the next few months.

The ones I could think of off my head. This represents somewhere around 4200 to 4400 units. An est. only. Now not everyone will be living downtown and this is not counting the current rate of fill for the new apartments. We are going to need a lot more.

Under construction:

5th + Broad apartments 34 story/380 units

Apartments at Nashville Yards 18 story/? units

Broadwest residential 34 story/220 units

Alliance Stockyard 5 story/310

Kenect 21 story/420 units

Broadstone SOBRO 7 story/271 units

Endeavor 1200 Broadway 27 story/362 units

Proposed:

Buckingham residential  38 story/?

HRI residential tower 24 story/?

805 Lea 31 story

Sixth Ave South 10 story/?

Broadstone SOBRO 10 story/?

Four Seasons Residences 40 story/?

Paramount 60/200 units

Endeavor Gulch Union 28 stories/?

The Derby 4 story/285 units

Now you're asking the right question!  Tons of people moving here from cities that are used to urban living...all who make a lot more than your average Nashvillian (certainly more than I do).  We're going to need to see some luxury offerings not just for the new residents, but for those who now see Nashville as an attractive place to buy a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th home for entertainment purposes.

10 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Unfortunately, not without another fight over height...the variance expired months ago. It's a strange shaped lot, and only something tall would make it worthwhile. So the developers may go for it again.

The Terrazzo residents were happy with the tall plan.  I don't think our HOA would fight it, assuming all the same boxes are checked.  Icon's resistance was based on almost nothing.  So, I would say this tall boy would be a go.

Buckingham did the Aertson.  How is that performing?  If it's doing well, maybe they're ready for this project.

• Like 1

^ ^ ^  Good list, Ron. 

Some more under construction within a mile of downtown:

LC SoBro (7 stories, about 400 units)

The Griff (6 stories, 259 units)

City Lights (7 stories, 71 units)

Water Tower Condos (7 stories, 24 units)

Second Ave Townhomes (3 stories, 22 units)

Delta Ave. Townhomes (3 stories, 18 units)

915 Monroe (3 stories, 17 units)

Ludlow Row (3 stories, 26 units)

Hume & 4th (3 stories? 15 units)

Metro North (3 stories, 24 units)

Illume (4 stories, 75 units)

Third & Mildred Shute (3 stories, 64 units)

Bento Box (6 & 4 stories, 85 units)

Segment at Pillow (4 stories, 34 units)

607/609 Hamilton (3 stories, 29 units)

Hamilton Ave Townhomes (3 stories, 37 units)

More that will hopefully move up in the pipeline within a mile of downtown:

Hensler Trolly Barns (25 stories, 250 units?)

2012 West End Ave. (25 stories, 350 units)

908 Division (16 stories, 300 units)

Novel Edgehill (12-16 stories, 360 units?)

The Reservoir (many buildings from 3 to 10 stories, 1,200 units)

215 15th Ave. (15 stories, 74 units)

McMilland & Church (7 stories, 52 units)

Outpost Nashville (8 stories, 360 units)

Crescendo (6 stories, 210 units)

Final Rolling Mill Hill MDHA apt. site (4 stories? 200 units?)

Broadway Lofts at 120 2nd Ave. (6 stories, 40 units?)

Gateway Germantown (7 stories, 330 units)

Ludlow Flats (5 stories, 68 units)

1028 Jefferson (8 stories, 42 units)

MDHA Rosa Parks/Delta Ave. (5 stories, 100 units)

The Row at 6th & Garfield (3 stories? 20 units)

Emery Project Metro Center (4 stories, 300 units)

Southeastern Development in Metro Center (3 stories? 350 units?)

Accent Metro Center (4 stories? 100 units?)

Top Golf Residential (7 stories, 250 units?)

Olympic 1 (5 stories, 30 units?)

1236 Martin (5 stories, 104 units)

I think we might even see some movement forward on the Neuhoff Packing Plant re-do.

Thanks,

This is assuming its just 6600 new jobs we know about. If those number hold true the multiply by 1.5 and you get another 10,000 or so jobs. So 16,600 jobs created from AB, Amazon & E& Y.

Now not all will be high end jobs and not all will live downtown but lets say a third of all the new jobs do the that still equates to about 5000 new units we will need over the next 2 to 3 years.

• Like 1

I would think most of those direct spinoff jobs aren’t going to be downtown, though. These are the extra attorneys, accountants, nurses, car mechanics, real estate agents, physicians, hair stylists, Uber drivers, and dentists (along with several others) needed to serve the additional 5000 employees and their families.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, LA_TN said:

Interestingly, this proposed tower is shown in the following proposal that is directly across the interstate:

This is merely a massing of what is allowable per the Nashville Downtown Code.  Twenty stories plus a Bonus Height incentive to go an additional 8 floors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
28 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Dont count this site dead yet.

When it comes to all the rumors and such... Some of us are dying... :tw_cry:. I realize there are rewards (and should be) for coming to the meetups, but there are people (hmmmm, like myself) when the weekends are often the ONLY times I can spend with my family.  I'd love to come to a meetup, but I'm not keeping just my schedule... at the very least, I'm keeping my wife's and mine. And with kiddos... well, it's pretty much NEVER. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

When it comes to all the rumors and such... Some of us are dying... :tw_cry:. I realize there are rewards (and should be) for coming to the meetups, but there are people (hmmmm, like myself) when the weekends are often the ONLY times I can spend with my family.  I'd love to come to a meetup, but I'm not keeping just my schedule... at the very least, I'm keeping my wife's and mine. And with kiddos... well, it's pretty much NEVER. 

I wish I could at least spend a weekend with my family. Only day off is on a freaking Monday. 

• Like 3

I commiserate. Living in the Atlanta area now, and also being a little burdened by different life things as well, I totally get that.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...