Wealthy Street Station Closed

arcturus

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad to see them go, and with them planning an expansion too!

But if they were offered a good sum for their site, then that gets me excited. That may mean a decent new development may be coming to this spot. Maybe to come in time to go with something in the empty lot across the street.

Wouldn't this fall under the same restrictions that Johnny B'z new restaurant has, since it's in the Wealthy Historic District? That they can't tear the structure down or build out to the street?

Wouldn't this fall under the same restrictions that Johnny B'z new restaurant has, since it's in the Wealthy Historic District? That they can't tear the structure down or build out to the street?

Shoot. I forgot about that.

I hope they at least let this one go. It's too awkwardly placed on the property with lots of unused space on three sides to waste on "preserving" it, and the space is totally inadequate for almost every business that would want be there. It really is just a generic box with two garage doors.

They already got two strikes for preventing Lee and Birtch from making any major changes to the exterior of their location, and insisting on Johnny B's doing the same. We really dont need yet another preserved former garage/gas station(?). We are well aware of how they look, HPC.

Archived