Sign in to follow this  
arcturus

Subway (as in transportation) Fantasy Map

This line is crap.  It does not have a stop directly in front of my house and my office.  :P  Interesting to think about such a project, though, and where you could ever possibly put it.

I'm confused, the river isn't shaped like that??? :)

And why have stop at Kuyper College? I've often wondered if that was even really a college. 

Clever though.

I'm confused, the river isn't shaped like that??? :)

And why have stop at Kuyper College? I've often wondered if that was even really a college. 

Clever though.

I thought the same thing about the river.  And how is the SWAN station north of the Highland Park station?  And you should name stations after neighborhoods, not neighborhood associations.  Also, the map should make clear on which side of the river the central station is located.

But, if we kept nit-picking, we would be Reddit.  So I'll stop :)  Good stuff.

Edited by RegalTDP

Had to find this old thread to post this article.  Chicago is getting a "free" Boring Company tunnel with an express line from O'hare to "Block 37"  (somewhere in the Loop).  "The Boring Company will have to finance the entire build itself and operate and maintain the express line after it's completed."

I'm now having tunnel envy.  It almost certainly will be a long while before we could talk The Boring Company into building one for Grand Rapids but maybe someday...

Chicago selects Elon Musk’s Boring Company to build express line from O‘Hare
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/06/chicago-selects-elon-musks-boring-company-to-build-express-line-from-ohare/

• Like 2

Since this old thread is dug up, I may as well submit my take on the fantasy subway map I made a few months back.

qMugolx.png

Geddit?

Edited by ZAP!
  • Like 2

On 6/14/2018 at 2:23 PM, Sparty97 said:

Had to find this old thread to post this article.  Chicago is getting a "free" Boring Company tunnel with an express line from O'hare to "Block 37"  (somewhere in the Loop).  "The Boring Company will have to finance the entire build itself and operate and maintain the express line after it's completed."

I'm now having tunnel envy.  It almost certainly will be a long while before we could talk The Boring Company into building one for Grand Rapids but maybe someday...

Chicago selects Elon Musk’s Boring Company to build express line from O‘Hare
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/06/chicago-selects-elon-musks-boring-company-to-build-express-line-from-ohare/

Interesting concept, but is this really necessary?  It will probably cost over $1B.  The current option of taking the L really isn't too bad.  I've done it a few times to O'hare and Midway.  I wish he would invest in high speed city to city mass transit like the Detroit to Chicago line everyone talks about that will never happen.

• Like 1

Though this is purely fantasy, I think at least some of those routs would be good for BRT or light rail.