Cambria Suites Hotel|255 Room|19 Stories|200 feet

Paramount747

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, fieldmarshaldj said:

^That is one ugly hotel. That's bad even by 1970s standards.

11 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

It may not turn out to be a handsome structure, but it's not quite ready for its closeup, Mr. DeMille. :tw_glasses:

That's the word I'd use: handsome. I like the dark reds and grays. Nashville really needed something like this, especially in SoBro

• Like 3

I believe it is Choice Hotels' attempt at a somewhat upscale brand. They have the Clarion brand but no one in their right mind would build one from the ground up since it is a conversion brand. This one should be an okay product though. It might last a few years before it is sold and re-flagged. The upscale segment is a fairly high barrier to entry thing and while Choice has a following in both guests and developers, I can't imagine many of them are looking to Choice for a truly "upscale" product or experience.

Edited by memphian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2017 at 6:49 PM, dmillsphoto said:

I'm somewhere just outside a millennial but Cambra is definitely something Nashville was missing. Stayed at a couple across the country and they're really nice hotels. North of Hyatt House in quality but just shy of 4.0 star hotels.

IMO, as someone firmly within the millennial cohort, the Marriott-Tri-Brand will meet the need you describe perfectly.

I love the fact that Spring Hill Suites and Residence Inns are designed like mini-apartments, with the full kitchens and living rooms. I know these two hotels are already in Midtown, but having them right in the heart of the action (downtown) is going to be great.

Edited by urbanplanet17
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, urbanplanet17 said:

IMO, as someone firmly within the millennial cohort, the Marriott-Tri-Brand will meet the need you describe perfectly.

I love the fact that Spring Hill Suites and Residence Inns are designed like mini-apartments, with the full kitchens and living rooms. I know these two hotels are already in Midtown, but having them right in the heart of the action (downtown) is going to be great.

The Hilton bi-brand on 5th and Peabody, too. I've been staying at a Home 2Suites in San Antonio this weekend and it's a great hotel for the price. 

Edited by Pdt2f
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Signage going up on east side.

Looking west from intersection of Demonbreun and 7th Ave. South:

Cambria Suites sign 2, Sept 14, 2017.jpg

Cambria Suites sirn 1, Sept 14, 2017.jpg

Looking north from intersection of Demonbreun and 8th Ave. South:

Cambria Suite 6, Sept 10, 2017.jpg

Looking SE from intersection of 8th Ave. South and Broadway:

Cambria Suite 7, Sept 10, 2017.jpg

Looking SW from intersection of McGavock and 7th Ave. South:

Cambria Suites 1, Sept 10, 2017.jpg

This side will be fully blocked by the Curio Hotel when it is erected in the foreground. Looking north from Demonbreaun, just east of 8th Ave. South. 

Cambria Suites 3, Sept 10, 2017..jpg

Looking east along McGavock from intersection with 8th Ave. South:

Cambria Suites 4, Sept 10, 2017..jpg

Looking south along 8th Ave. South from intersection with McGavock:

Cambria Suites 5, Sept 10, 2017..jpg

• Like 4