Cambria Suites Hotel|255 Room|19 Stories|200 feet

Paramount747

From Nashville Post this morning: "A Feb. 10 ceremonial groundbreaking is set for the Cambria Suites project in SoBro. A Metro Codes document shows that Liberty Party Rental is handling the installation and break-down of a tent for the event. San Francisco-based Fillmore Capital Partners is serving as developer and is not ready to release a detailed image or other details, according to a company spokesman.

"The hotel building, which will rise on the southeast corner of the intersection of McGavock Street and Eighth Avenue South is expected to be open in early 2018. It likely will feature up to 225 rooms and rise at least 15 stories. JLL is handling the marketing and leasing of the hotel buiilding’s retail space."

Read more here.

Still no rendering on the project, which may rise at least 15 stories, and perhaps as high as 19 stories.

Thought I had posted earlier... and thought I saw something about the Cambria Suites.  It will have 19 floors and 225 rooms.  Anyway, here's the blurb from Adam Sichko at the NBJ; http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2016/01/first-look-larger-sobro-hotel-emerges-as.html

Slide show with four "peeks" at the architects rendering. Overall, it is a nice urban design. http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2016/01/first-look-larger-sobro-hotel-emerges-as.html#g2

This rendering shows some of the proposed 19-story Cambria Suites at 118 Eighth Ave. S., being developed by San Francisco investors Fillmore Capital Partners.
cambria2*120xx1212-909-117-0.png

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

• smeagolsfree changed the title to Cambria Suites Hotel|255 Room|19 Stories|200 feet|Prep
12 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Thought I had posted earlier... and thought I saw something about the Cambria Suites.  It will have 19 floors and 225 rooms.  Anyway, here's the blurb from Adam Sichko at the NBJ; http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2016/01/first-look-larger-sobro-hotel-emerges-as.html

Slide show with four "peeks" at the architects rendering. Overall, it is a nice urban design. http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2016/01/first-look-larger-sobro-hotel-emerges-as.html#g2

I put them in the right topic...

• Like 1

Very good design....if it's not stucco but clad in stone or travertine as the rendering suggests. The setback is nice and at 19 stories we are looking at another 200 foot+ building here and will certain fill in the gap as it were.

The pinkish cladding will play off the MCC and the red door of the Lutheran Church.

Things are starting to fill in nicely. Our friend Dave Luna always stressed infill. Glad to see its happening. Buildings like this take up surface lots which will in turn create the need for taller buildings once the surface lots are all gone.

Edited by Paramount747
  • Like 2

I like the various levels--even though it's "boxy" it is broken up by the various cubes stacked /intertwined upon each other.  Not sure what I think of the waving grassy stems represented in the 3-story cladding behind/above the Cambria signage facing 8th Ave. as well as above the service entrance on McGavock.  

If it is, indeed, going to be 19 stories, then there would be 4 more floors not shown above the far right edge of tower in this rendering.  Hopefully we can see the "Full Monty" soon.  ; )

Cambria Render 2, Jan. 2016.png

14 hours ago, markhollin said:

I like the various levels--even though it's "boxy" it is broken up by the various cubes stacked /intertwined upon each other.  Not sure what I think of the waving grassy stems represented in the 3-story cladding behind/above the Cambria signage facing 8th Ave. as well as above the service entrance on McGavock.  

If it is, indeed, going to be 19 stories, then there would be 4 more floors not shown above the far right edge of tower in this rendering.  Hopefully we can see the "Full Monty" soon.  ; )

Cambria Render 2, Jan. 2016.png

Yep, this is their standard new prototype, which has been one it looked like they would build all along.

IN any case, glad to see the surface lot go away. In regards to Hyatt Place, it will soon disappear into the mass as buildings are built around it. The CB Ragland lot now home to the Asurion parking lot is ripe for development, even if it is a series of 15-20 story buildings, the Hyatt will become unnoticeable. This building too will be hidden once all the surface lots are built out over the next 15-20 years.

2 hours ago, Paramount747 said:

IN any case, glad to see the surface lot go away. In regards to Hyatt Place, it will soon disappear into the mass as buildings are built around it. The CB Ragland lot now home to the Asurion parking lot is ripe for development, even if it is a series of 15-20 story buildings, the Hyatt will become unnoticeable. This building too will be hidden once all the surface lots are built out over the next 15-20 years.

I'm going to have to take a contrary view.     Buildings are never hidden.   The view from certain angles at a distance may be impaired by surrounding structures, but the building is still quite visible from surrounding streets and occupants of other nearby buildings.    Actually, Hyatt Place looks marginally ok from a great distance.   It's up close where the mass of stucco and lack of window details or any ornamentation becomes noticeable and unattractive.    Not to mention what it will look like in a few years as the stucco stains and streaks.    Unless it's an iconic tower, buildings are meant to be admired up close and all of these apartments and hotels clad in cheap synthetic materials simply fail in that respect.     

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Floor plan of street level for Cambria Suites:

Cambria Suites Floor Plan Jan. 2016.png

Map of attractions around the Cambria Suites site, showing how it is very central to both the Broadway/2nd Avenue District and The Gulch, as well as right next to MCC and the Arena.  It really is a quality location. 

Cambria downtown attractions map, Jan. 2016.png

Edited by markhollin
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...